1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa in N4

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Really dude? Stratuscloud going to ODD is a really big change, especially because it was a big tool for dealing with linked AROs.

And tbh, Tohaa I think is pretty justified in whining. They literally got dropped from production during "the year of Tohaa". PanO, on the other hand, will whine pretty much no matter what toys you give them.

(I play or have played all three factions in the Holy Trinity of Salt, and Tohaa is definitely the one that belongs in the trinity the least. It's the Holy Spirit of Whining.)

2. karush

karush Well-Known Member

Does it seem strange to anyone else that the Kiel-Saan with Red Fury is 1.5 SWC?

I know a lot of other HI with Red Furies tend to cost 1 SWC. Do we know if the Kiel-sann is suffering from (another) glitch or if this is real?

melkiach and nethervoid like this.
  3. nethervoid

nethervoid Well-Unknown Member

Of course, Tohaa players are a bit unhappy: we got butchered production with zero hopes see it back in the future, with N4 we've lost (according SC profiles) plenty of unique toys like nullifiers and stratoscloud, reduced number of phero tactics on bombs...

Yes, we've got some compensation of this looses, some of them are pretty good actually, but whole direction of it makes Tohaa/SC less unique and more ordinary than they where.
    Yes, during November's release we probably (I have no hopes for this, but still) would get something back.

Not something terrible happening, SC is still playable one and even got some new vectors for experiments, which is good.
    And I hope, Tohaa would be at least on same level as SC.

But still, it's sad. Not disappointment, just...sad.

ChoTimberwolf, Hiereth and melkiach like this.
  4. Aemaru

Aemaru Well-Known Member

I think i will regret swarm grenade, nullifiers (it was such a good tool !!!) and stratuscloud.
    But there are still some little specificities of playing playing tohaa. Not the triad given corregidor have a large acces to it but at least phracking :)

5. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

Which was also nerfed, though probably should have been honestly.

6. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

miss Pandemonium pheroware tactic on simbiobomb so much

Abrilete and Hiereth like this.
  7. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

I hope, Gorgos would be in N4. I’ve found him at last and ordered. An only problem is sukeul commandos.
    Looks like they were so popular, and now I can’t find any... I hope, they are not critically important.

8. meikyoushisui

:(

Hopefully N4 will change this, but the Sukeul HMG was generally considered one of the most core pieces of the army, to the point of excluding a lot of other similar options.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  9. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

To be honest, though, she fell off pretty hard towards the end of N3. I barely fielded her about half of the time.
    The abundance of mimitism and ODD usually meant that the Gao-Rael Spitfire was the superior gun fighter in a lot of situations.
    With the Draal now having ODD, I don t think Sukeul HMG should see too much play, though she is never a bad option.

Depending on the mission, though, the Sukeul FO Lieutenant was a real beast.

However, since the Sukeul once was at the top of the Tohaa food chain, there should be plenty of models going around. Have you tried looking for them on ebay and the like?

ChoTimberwolf, Daireann and melkiach like this.
  10. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

For me, the Sukeul LT K1 Forward Observer is by far the best option, and since Spiral Corps i don't even use the HMG and ML options

You know, different person different opinion ^^

Daireann and Cothel like this.
  11. Daireann

Still looking. On e-bay there were no sane options. In some of them I don’t trust seller. It could be not an original.
    But there is a hope. One day I’ll find them for sure. Most of the other models are on the way to me. Or I already got them.

12. meikyoushisui

I mean, in any case, we can all agree that Sukeuls were a very key component of the force in N3.

Tbf, I don't really think it's an either/or situation. We saw a lot of both when the Draal had Stratuscloud (which was very strong in the situations where the two pieces competed directly), but were the Sukeul not to change much in N4, I think they would have pretty clearly defined roles -- the Draal as a piece that closes gaps and relies on its big mod with its SMG/APMMR/Viral Pistol and the Sukeul as a piece that keeps its distance to leverage the 24-32 inch range band.

The Gao-Rael is the other piece in roughly the same category in Tohaa, and finally looked more competitive with FD1, but since that's likely not carrying over, I'm interested to see what the dynamics look like in the full release.

Abrilete likes this.
  13. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Yeah @meikyoushisui , really good profile for Tohaa :D 100% agree with you

Gao Rael +1B or 1D will be handly

meikyoushisui likes this.
  14. jmmelo

jmmelo Well-Known Member

The Igao is also an absolute beast now... cannot wait to use him on Tohaa

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  15. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Wait to see if the mimetism -6 is a bug.

The ability to generate eclipse zones in ZOC is awesome though.

16. Alri

Alri Well-Known Member
    Warcor

it is a Bug.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  17. jmmelo

jmmelo Well-Known Member

:cry:

18. Daireann

Or may be not. Some units got -6 mimetism instead of their ODD.
    Were they have no ODD? Well, now they have this.

19. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Refresh your army app.

20. Daireann

Indeed. But clipsos and draal still with mimetism -6

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation