1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[April], come she will...

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Yay for people argumenting that we someone could get offended because other people did bad things when the point is not using those historical references but portraying them as heroes. As Spanish, I kinda have a problem with terrorists who kill innocent civilians while styling themselves "freedom fighters"... but I suppose I shouldn't, because you know, Hitler and Pol Pot exist. Makes a lot of sense.

#941 Benkei, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  2. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I’m confused. Just because they style themselves as freedom fighters doesn’t mean they are good. Just the way they portray themselves, like many evil people in history have portrayed themselves as the good guys.

3. Primo

Primo Well-Known Member

He is too big, too manly and too dressed to be an Infinity pilot

4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Guys this is hardly news or rumours, if you really want to discuss about the objective viewpoint of contemporaneity morality juxtaposed on historical morality and the transformation of contemporary concepts like good or evil and heroes and villains depending on the point of view of the observer and of course the historical context of "who won"... there is the boutique of Caravansary for that.

If you do feel free to invite me in the conversation.

5. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

The only thing impressively stupid here is your strawman.

yojamesbo likes this.
  6. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Except is not them but CB's narrative, and that's not written from the Kempetai's PoV.

Melchior likes this.
  7. zappod

zappod Active Member

I would support this exept for Ghost in the Shell adapations - I'm looking at you Verdic sectorial ;)

ademaru likes this.
  8. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Yeah but most of the Infinity fluff is propaganda and stuff. All the piece is saying is that when the Japanese Seccessionist Army was reformed based on the Bushi code, the Kempeitai were meant to take the role of security and morality. That doesn’t mean that they are moral or good, just that that’s their position in the hierarchy.

9. psychoticstorm

I think I need to restate what I stated 4 posts above!

Palomides, Stiopa, NickNick and 3 others like this.
  10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I wouldn't call it "creative" per se. It was boringly obvious and direct.

Mahtamori and stargorger like this.
  11. psychoticstorm

Not that much when it was done, we tend to judge things contemporary when they happened in the past, time and exposure changes perceptions a lot.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Hey guys! in the midst of a derailed conversation, to get back on tracks (yeah I just did that, I live in Gothenburg, we're actually pretty darn famous for lousy jokes, look it up)
    What actually do you reckon will be in the Uprising book? The text states that "Infinity Uprising” is the upcoming new Infinity wargame book that will expand on the Sectorial Army range with the addition of the Non-Aligned Armies (NA2)." Focus here lies on the plural form of army. Sure with the addition of JSA/JSS and DBS sectorial, we have 2 non-aligned, and of course, we need to have them in printed form. But perhaps we should shift our focus away from the Japanese sectorial that now has been spoiled (sure, not everything, but we have a general idea of what it will look like) and rather focus on possible contents of the book?

Will we see additional sectorials in the book?(mentioned before, and yeah, I'd love to see some of the ideas)
    Are we going to get a Brawler boxed set soon? The preorder Brawler was incredibly early compared to my own guesses, is it a one-off (like the druze hacker) or a tell-tale that Non-aligned armies, not just the ones released will play a big role in 2018?
    Is it a campaign like Paradiso?
    What...wha...WHATS IN THE BOX?

Bohrdog and Palomides like this.
  13. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

I'd guess more than two lists... 190ish pages is quite a lot of book to fill.

14. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Carlos said some outrage characters would get stats, I guess that will some of them will somehow be tied to these books. Maybe Nakadai in that Japanese merc list with some JSA crossover to help them fly off the shelves.

Abrilete likes this.
  15. stargorger

stargorger Well-Known Member

I thought I saw somewhere a mention that there were supposed to be 5 NA2 armies eventually? Dunno if all of them will be in the book. I'm also curious if theyll do any sorts of rules clarification or additions: is this book a holdover until 'Acheron Falls', the big book with big sectorials, or something totally on its own?

Abrilete likes this.
  16. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

I was fairly sure Bostria said 5 new sectorials this year (and that the Druze didn't count towards the 5) but I don't remember him saying they were all NA2.

Do we think the JSA counts as a new sectorial? It's a rejig of an old one so I'd assume it's not one of the 5.

Maybe most/all the NA2 sectorials in the Uprising book are rejigged sectorials that have spilt from their factions. That would mean we could still get Tunguska, Vedic, Ramah, IA + whatever else is expected.

stargorger likes this.
  17. Palebloodoni

Palebloodoni Member

I keep seeing people getting anxious about a "split" ... have any one proof of a split in the YJ army?

in my honest opinion i see fine gents putting gas on a fire that someone started, theres no point until we get a 100% confirm that JSA is pulling the plug on YJ, but for now we dont know.
    I understand the fears YJ players have should it happen, but this is getting out of hand~

also..god those new models :hearts::flag-jp::clap:

18. berynius

berynius Well-Known Member

Yes the evidence is the fact that the JSA now stands for Japaneses Secessionist Army as per the reveal Video and there is a article in a trade magazine stating that the JSA is no longer part of the Yu Jing. Hard to see that as anything but the the removal of all JSA models from Yu Jing.

Pierzasty likes this.
  19. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

Has anyone considers that they looked at the data from army and saw that very few were taking jsa in vanilla? It could be a very small minority that will be affected, and even then that's just till the holes get plugged. Before you flip and say they wont, they are a company, they arnt about to end a whole army, at least not like this they wouldn't.

20. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

@Brawler I'll harrumph at 'derailed', we've just been speculating, and then speculating on the things we've speculated!

But my worries over how JSA plays out, setting-focused as they are, really can't be confirmed or put to rest until we've got that book in our hands, so while making solid predictions is a guaranteed way of being wrong, that anticipated and perhaps-controversial tome is worth thinking about in general terms.

We know quite a bit about it that can give us a baseline for guesses both educated and wild... it is a pretty substantial single book at 190 pages, that is going to contain some NA2 sectorials of which two have been identified.

That page count alone, to me, means this is definitely going to have more in common with the formatting of the two-book N3 and Human Sphere than the 'pamphlet' format of smaller releases like ITS pdfs and the like. Which means, even if this is one book not two, it may see a similar split of half-setting half-rules? However deep they go, the secession of some or all Japanese from Yu Jing is momentous, and will have demanded a lot of text to tell that story and describe the changes to the Sphere and the various units and powers therein, and thats just JSA, the Druze merit some background as well as would any other non-aligned sectorials, so there's a lot of potential material to fill 95 pages, leaving 95 for rules.

If that's the case, then the rules section seems much more 'fillable' by the content we know we're getting. Outrage profiles, the JSA list, the Druze list, new Japanese unit profiles. As CB seems to have the (commendable) commitment to both updating their pdfs and Army with new profiles between published books, and also ensuring that those rules arrive in published format at some point, are there other units (or rules or equipment changes) that might appear in this book rather than waiting for a future sectorial getting published?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation