1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total Immunity against Sepsitor

Discussion in 'Rules' started by emperorsaistone, Sep 28, 2020.

1. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

"the Trooper is immune to any Ammunition, cancelling
    its Special Effects and Traits, considering it Normal Ammunition.
    The Trooper is completely immune to Traits that cause States,..."

Do I read the rule right and does really make immune to Sepsitor?

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think similar to how Bioimmunity's mechanics don't match the description, it would seem like Total Immunity turns Sepsitor into a damned powerful Chain Rifle.

3. emperorsaistone

Thats what I thought to, but there is still the possibility, that since the effect of getting sepsitorized isnt a trait, that it still works. On the other hand it could be a special effect, in that case it could work.
    Additionally, Sepsitor doesnt even have an ammunition type.

4. Mahtamori

I would say that since the [*] (which is essentially "see the skill for more info") is listed as a trait, Immunity (Total) ignores the asterisk reference.

Edit: What I mean is, I think the rules are clear as written, but I do agree that both this and Bioimmunity does deserve a bit of explanation as to what's intended, since the descriptions seem to indicate that intention and writing contradicts each other, that's why I compared it to Bioimmunity.

5. emperorsaistone

Hmmm, if the [*] really counts as trait, then its unambigous.

Mahtamori likes this.
  6. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Noy sure Sepsitor is an Ammo...
    upload_2020-9-28_13-23-12.png

7. Mahtamori

Immunity Total also makes the user immune to the weapon's traits, not just the ammo.

8. Jenian Katarn

Jenian Katarn G:Synchronized

Immunity(Total): The Trooper is immune to any Ammunition, cancelling its Special Effects and traits considering it Normal Ammunition. The Trooper is completely immune to Traits that cause States, refer to causing Damage, or reduce the Attributes of target. For example: State: Dead, Continous Damage, or ARM=0.

2020-09-28_14-34.png
    Sepistor weapon doesn't have ammunition type but it does have that small asterix in the Traits listing that refers to "Additional explanation in the Weaponry section of the rulebook."

And that additional explanation states that:
    • Upon receiving a successful attack with Sepistor, the target must make a Saving Roll, with damage equal to the user's WIP Attribute.
    • Criticalhits with Sepistor cause the target to make an additional Saving Roll.
    • If the target fails the Saving Roll, it enters the Sepistorized State.

Sepistorised is a state. Thus I would say it is cancelled?

RolandTHTG, Hackingslam and Mahtamori like this.
  9. Hackingslam

Hackingslam Member

I like to imagine that this isn't intentional, but yes, it definitely reads that TI ignores sepsitor's effect RAW.

10. emperorsaistone

It would seem so, but the circumstance, that IJW hasnt posted yet here, makes me think he is not so sure about it and will check this with Gutier.

11. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

Would also like to get a clarification if this means Immunity(total) troops cannot be Forward Observed (as Forward Observer has Non-Lethal trait)

12. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

whole stripping of most ammo types to simplify things only did the the opposite as it opened up a whole new can of worms

Savnock likes this.
  13. SpectralOwl

Immunity doesn't work against Comms Attacks unless it's Immunity(State). Immunity(Total) won't stop Spotlight or Forward Observe, Immunity(Targeted) will.
    Edit; FO isn't a Comms Attack, I have just checked. Error or intentional?
    Edit the second; I think FO isn't a Comms Attack because it isn't even a Weapon, just a Short Skill with the BS Attack label, therefore Immunity(Total) would not apply.
    Edit the third; The FO Short Skill text explicitly refers to FO as a form of BS Weapon attack using WIP, so I guess Sun Tze is immune to someone telling their friends where he is. @ijw any chance you could clarify this issue?

#13 SpectralOwl, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  14. Kumatake81

Kumatake81 Well-Known Member

I got an answer from ijw, that Karakuris are immune to FO, because of the 'State:targeted' trait

15. Spleen

Spleen Well-Known Member

On the note of sepsitor, Given it lacks the non-lethal trait, and it uses normal ammunition, aren't we then to assume that anyone who fails a save against it takes a wound?

It doesn't seem intentional but the sepsitor rules don't explicitly say you don't take a wound so it seems to follow that you do.

16. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Ah, RAW arguments. Such massive suckage, in every game system.

It wouldn't make sense for Sepsitor to wound a target, because the whole point is to hijack the trooper. Clearly, that's not the intention, and given that it requires a convoluted RAW argument, wounding is not well supported here.

17. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Sepsitor does not have an ammunition type. So failing the Saving Roll can’t remove W/STR unless the Sepsitor rule says so.

As written, there is no interaction at all between Sepsitor and Immunity (Total).
    • It doesn’t have an Ammunition type for that Ammunition to be turned into Normal Ammunition.
    • It doesn’t have the Non-Lethal Trait.
    • It doesn’t have a State: X Trait.
    Whether that’s unintended is up to @HellLois to answer, but rules-wise you can Sepsitor the Trooper, in the rare cases that you can find one who has Immunity (Total) and a Cube.

18. Spleen

Spleen Well-Known Member

Huh, I was sure I saw it listed with Normal ammo somewhere, but I must have been mixing it up with Plasma.

Thanks for pointing that out.

19. Morituri

Morituri New Member

I may not be interpreting this correctly, but from what I'm reading,the Immunity (Total) rule has two areas that may be applicable:

The first has to do with when Immunity (Total) is triggered..

The second is what is affected...

The first element of Sepsitor states;

This, to me, says, "Hey, Immunity may kick in here"...and bullet point 3 of Sepsitor reads that it does indeed have a state;

So, it seems that Immunity (Total) may, in truth, affect sepsitor...

But I await a verdict from wiser heads than mine...

RolandTHTG likes this.
  20. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

Sepsitor causes a state, yes. But it is not a result of a weapon having a Trait - it's in the Effects of that weapon. And the state itself is not ignored by Immunity (Total) - it only ignores weapon traits that cause states. Compare Monofilament CCW - it has "State:DEAD" in its traits, that trait (not the DEAD state - Immunity (Total) troopers can, indeed, be dead) will be ignored if Immunity (Total) trooper has to save against this weapon. Sepsitor has no traits like that.

Zhukov2 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation