1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiral in N4

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by Monster, Sep 21, 2020.

1. nethervoid

nethervoid Well-Unknown Member

That's completely fine.
    We got new edition, things could be off, and it would be better to fix them sooner, so we all can start playing :)

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

This was always true.

3. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

It's weird but luckily it was never my first pick for Draal, Dazer too good.

4. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

I've never noticed, how is their minelayer tax so large.

5. Hannibaliafun

Hannibaliafun Active Member

It is worth noting that dazers don't give saturation zones and are just difficult terrain since terrain is a little different now.

the huanglong likes this.
  6. karush

karush Well-Known Member

Speaking of odd SWC values, why are the Kiel Saan with red fury 1.5 SWC? I've seen similar heavy infantry with +1 damage or +1 burst red furies at 1 SWC.

Is this maybe a bug and where should I report it?

7. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

It happens sometimes. SWC costs aren't fixed, so you get weird things like N3's 2 SWC foxtrot lt in Ariadna (at least iirc it was the foxtrot, it may have been one of those other skirmishers).

This is very likely not a bug. SWC costs are not formulaic, and while they follow some general trends, they are not fixed. 1.5 SWC Red Furies have shown up in a few places in N4. SWC costs generally tends to scale more with BS and W than any skills, which is also for example why it's 1.5 on the Knight of Montesa and the Sombra.

8. karush

karush Well-Known Member

I get that, but it doesn't have MSV, camo, mimetism, x-visor, unusually high bs (I think BS 13 is standard for HI) or any of the usual rules that influence SWC values. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me on why this HI has a 1.5 SWC red fury. Best I can come up with is the 6-2 movement, or maybe some concerns over metachemistry providing a strong buff. Even so it seems high compared to similar models.

9. karush

karush Well-Known Member

Just remembered the Kiel-saan is effectively 3 wound, if I had to bet, that is what caused the increase in SWC

10. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

Made me remember rolling regen on him is much worse now, though Bioimmunity is much better.

11. Spellbreaker90

Spellbreaker90 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a bug. What I know is that I have more reasons to field the Kiel Saan now with the .5 SWC increase than before.
    Now it's CC ability are really good and not just a tax that bloat the profile.

12. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Do you like the change from Neema to +1 Lieutenant Order instead of +1 Command Token?

Before that, extra Token allowed to convert more regular orders from the helot / diplomat / warcor, now, Neema has 2 lieutenant orders, which she must use outside the link, since linked she will not be able to use them, apart from that in all Spiral Corps, we don't have no NCOs to make a good use of those 2 LT orders

This change is... weird, right?

Obviously, players who like to play Neema without linking will find this little change very nice ... I guess

13. Spellbreaker90

On a side note someone noticed that we lost the Kosuil ?

melkiach likes this.
  14. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Hehehehe, yes, since Friday midday, it will come back early, it is on the Sectorial Chart, don't worry ^^

Spellbreaker90 likes this.
  15. nethervoid

Wait, wha...

First, is there any player that would prefer Neema for solo runs over Rasail, for example?
    I barely see her outside links, she's so good there... Whole concept of Tohaa (and SC, by inheritance) - they highly encouraging team work and strong individualists are rare for them and 'till now all of them where non-triad units (Gao-Tarsos, Gorgos and so on and so on). And now Neema got pretty egoistic bonus... IDK, maybe this is representation of her psychological shift during latest events.

Anyway, this change feels so off to me as on the table and from lore perspective.
    And from now I would not take her as Lt expect +1 SWC profile...

meikyoushisui and melkiach like this.
  16. D_D

D_D Free Lance

Could you please link to the chart, haven't seen it yet. Or is it in the book?

melkiach likes this.
  17. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Totally agree, nobody wants to play Neema along, it's ... wasted LT orders

- Infinity the game Website
    - Resources
    - Downloads
    - Infinity N4
    - Sectorials Charts N4

D_D and nethervoid like this.
  18. nethervoid

I see 3 options here (of course, CB would not listen to us, I know):
    - remove +1 Lt order and make points discount
    - Give Rasail and/or Kerail FCO option
    - Bring us back our good old Advanced Command

PS
    I would prefer second one :)

melkiach likes this.
  19. Spellbreaker90

I don't think the change to Neema it's bad. You can still put her in a Link team and she lose nothing of the old Neema.
    She gain a lot if you use her as a solo Lieutenant rambo. 1 Normal order + 2 order to be the Lt. + 1 potential order from frenzy.
    4 potential order with 3 wound and 9 BTS from just one model it's really good.

clever handle and melkiach like this.
  20. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

We understand what you say, and we share it

We know you mean that when the battle gets complicated (Lose members of the triad) you can use various orders on Neema to shoot a lot (Probably with no cover - Frenzy)

However, do you also understand our point of view? The use of LT + 1 is reduced to only that aspect that you have mentioned, in other armies thanks to the NCO profiles or the use of Strategos, being LT + 1 has a much more tactical, interesting and fun impact

Buff? Well, overall Neema has received a nice point discount and now, she can see more table, so yeah! Of course!

But change +1 Command Token for a +1 LT Order, there it is not so clear that it has improved ^^

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation