1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear CB, what should I do with my TWO DaoFei HMG minis?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Benkei, Sep 27, 2020.

1. LZ35SRX

LZ35SRX Well-Known Member

THis thread is the biggest tantrum. All you people do is whine, whine, whine about how CB hates YJ, how YJ sucks, and how even miniatures are unusable with proxy rules.

I would gladly leave you to rot in your cesspit, if not for the fact that I will eventually have to refer new players to the forums. And I have absolutely zero desire to introduce people to the toxic dump the likes of you, Benkei et all are turning these forums into.

2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

They already stopped producing Daofei HMGs a while ago. The thread exists because they made the ones people had unusable as the profile they were designed to be for a reason hypothesised to be vision or streamlining, neither of which are particularly comforting.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

That's a fair point, but the Zhanying is still a trash trooper with the only justification for their existence being their toolbox ability and the Missile Launcher is still one of their worst profiles as it doesn't have a toolbox and is both worse than N3 Bolts and more expensive than N3 Bolts.

4. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Ah I see but I think you were making a mistake in what he meant. I think he was talking more about CB deciding the HMG not being part of the design of the DaoFei so they removed it. Which is valid on CBs part because not having HMG doesn't suddenly break the DaoFei. It works quite well with the spitfire.

I am not sure why Benkei bought two HMG DaoFei in the first place. Did he really play both at the same time? But thats only possible with White Banner which seems too recent. How did Benkei end up with two HMG DaoFeis?

5. the huanglong

No one says Yu Jing sucks. I've never seen it. You are a whiner and a liar.

Be sure to the Eternal Rival while you're at it.

#145 the huanglong, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

He has no point at all because CB doesn't produce miniatures for every single profile and they are on record saying that we will never have the complete range in production at all times due to SKU limitations which is a completely reasonable thing. Nobody gives a shit if the HMG model is taken out of production, they just care that the profile was deleted for absolutely no reason.

And yes it is bad for customers who want to keep playing with the profile for the niche model they purchased. Deleting stuff without solid justification isn't good for them or for the game.

The HMG Daofei has a place in that it is a current model for a unit that they have until very recently been selling. Just because you want to fanboy defense force CB for screwing over customers doesn't make what they're doing a good move.

7. Mahtamori

All in favour of simply skipping the November sectorial releases, then? (I mean, I'm genuinely for it, I don't think they should keep out of production crap alive, soaking up resources like that, but people aren't as callous as me when it comes to sunk cost fallacies)

8. the huanglong

I think you are a bit harsh on Zhanyings. Sure they probably never needed to exist and some of the better ideas could have been used to make the Pheasant less of a joke, but they look very cool and the missile launcher has no redundancy in IS. It's the only linkable missile and the only one to get SS.

N4 has been a real positive development for this profile in particular. I hadn't looked at him since I was fresh enough to use him as a Solo ARO piece vs Corregidor.

9. Death

Death Well-Known Member

To be fair, this isn't an interrogation. He doesn't need to write a sound and perfectly explained post on why he sees no problem with what CB did. Not everyone is great at writing arguments and mocking them for not being good at a debate does not make their points invalid.

Nor is Benkei position automatically the correct one because you agree with it. Though I do sympathize because it sucks to feel like you wasted money. What confuses me is how one can be a WYSIWYG purist (and theres nothing wrong with that, it makes your army look cool) and yet bulk at spending extra cash, even a lot of extra cash to kitbash your army to be 100% WYSIWYG. Most purist I know are also big kitbash fans and spends lots of extra money just to make their army WYSIWYG.

A Mão Esquerda and Arkiemon like this.
  10. Triumph

The lack of having a valid point in the first place does that.

When you come in here and start accusing people of whining like he did with his first post what do you expect is gonna go down when it's another thread about CB invalidating minis?

In the fucking Yu Jing forum of all places. Come on. We all knew where this thread is going.

11. Arkiemon

Arkiemon Member

dident everyone call Sombra a copy of what Daofei does? weird how they dident add a HMG to that profile. no they went for a shorter range weapon like Red Fury, which is very similar to Spitfire. strange:S its like it had a same design as a Daofei should have?

12. Death

Death Well-Known Member

let me try to rephrase his point. CB has decided that the HMG doesn't fit the type of unit they want the DaoFei to be in N4 so they removed the profile. Thats it. I thought his point was clear but hey, when arguments get heated you can miss things. It happens.

13. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Are you sure that's the line of argumentation that ends up in your favour? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Mcgreag, Death, LZ35SRX and 2 others like this.
  14. Triumph

Let me point you back to the fact that the HMG and Spitfire profiles perform so similarly on the Daofei that it's an illogical argument to try and make. The difference is basically in deployment and deciding where you want to start the unit for optimal range bands.

15. Death

Death Well-Known Member

If thats true, then its really not a big deal that the HMG was removed. All it does is make you place the spitfire DaoFei closer. So removing the HMG isn't a loss at all for the DaoFei.

So the only issue is that a mini that CB produce has an invalid weapon. But CB allows proxys so this is only a problem if you insist on being WYSIWYG but refuse to spend the extra money for kitbashing.

LZ35SRX, Arkiemon and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  16. Triumph

It's not a loss in that sense, nobody is saying that Yu Jing are down a power level because the HMG profile is gone. They're just pissed off CB keeps invalidating their toys that they spend money on and time painting.

It's just fucking annoying and it doesn't come with any good justification like it needed to happen for balance reasons. It's an easier pill to swallow if you can rationalise it as something that had to be done, but in this case it didn't need to be done and CB pissed in your coffee for no real benefit to anybody.

So now you're just annoyed that it happened and confused as to why it even occured.

17. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

RIP Tiger MSR as well, my dear precious.

Teslarod likes this.
  18. Mahtamori

As a fighting unit they are trash, though. One of the game's costliest BS 12 units without a second wound or MOD-stacking skill whose only purpose is to shoot their noob toob. The other Zhanying brings a secondary purpose to their existence (and a Breaker Combi is actually pretty good in certain situations). I just don't see a point to the Zhanying ML or HMG, particularly with the loss of the Nimbus grenades, and what utility they provide I can solve in by other means in the sectorial such as buffing a Son-Bae, smoking the target to melee it, or simply wearing a target down under repeated decent HMG/Spitfire from a proper fighting unit. Or Viral sniping them with Lunah.

19. the huanglong

If you were using a multi rifle Hsien in the haris, which 2 Zhanying would you take?

Not sure if it's sarcasm, but I'd rather you, @Daemon of Razgriz and @atomicfryingpan have the option to take it than me be free from the risk of accidentally clicking that nasty thing.

20. Arkiemon

Arkiemon Member

next time I think about pointing something out on the forum, I will just let @Death know what I think. and he'll sort it. so it won't end up in a 8 page long thread:p I cant put my point better then what he has said to you @Triumph . so if you dont get the point or think its a completely invalid point by now. you will never get it.:)

LZ35SRX and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation