1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear CB, what should I do with my TWO DaoFei HMG minis?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Benkei, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

A lot of players already have a Spitfire DaoFei because Kaldstrom, you know. Also, a lot of YJ players don't play JSA because they didn't feel like giving money to CN for taking a Sectorial out. The players you mention maybe don't care about CB peeling off yet another miniature they paid for and that's great for them but a lot of players do so your comparison is kinda useless. The line about "two decades old" is specially funny when we are talking about a miniature not even 3 years old.

Also, a lot of people feeling ok with something doesn't mean that something is ok.

the huanglong likes this.
  2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

That would make sense if Daofei were dominating the scene, but as its already been pointed out, they don't. They don't have a high pick rate, the HMG profile even less so. (I'm also just going to ignore the fact that that's a stupid argument for a non linkable solo piece, it only makes sense if you talk about it in terms of fireteams for balance)

CB has literally gone and deleted something from the game that was as popular as Sniper Sun Tze. It has practically 0 effect on the game balance wise, and for the vast majority of people both those who play yu jing and those who don't they'll never know the difference because they didn't ever see it in action anyway.

But those customers that did use it? Well it's nothing but a giant fuck you to them courtesy of CB for absolutely no mechanical benefit to the game. It's a dick move where both CB and the customer loses. Makes no sense to do it.

#82 Triumph, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  3. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Sometimes I feel if I stay in the forum long enough I'll see a post from you contributing something, but somehow it never happens.

4. LZ35SRX

LZ35SRX Well-Known Member

So maybe it's your own problem for not playing more and using the model more? Or should ALL THE PLAYERS and the CB just stop developing and wait for you to get your games in, however long that takes?

And I keep waiting to see your post without whining in it, but here we are.

Proxy rules for weapons are there for a reason. I don't see you complaining about there being no Daofei BSG model. Nothing's stopping you from using RV's Daofei in games as any other Daofei profile, except your own whining.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  5. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Sometimes I feel this forum should have a downvote button so the community could properly express what we think about five page threads about HMG+Spirfire consolidation on a Sunday.

6. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

So where do we draw the line? Do they not change any profiles and instead just keep adding new options? Again I really liked the tiger multi sniper. It was a very unique profile especially for an ad troop. But it's no more. I purchased two models to make my tiger sniper. I guess I could choose to react as if it's a direct slap in my face and giant fuck you from CB. But I think that's a poor reaction and doesn't contribute anything. Again me be pissed or offended wont change anything. I'd rather just accept it as CB knowing how they want their game to look and play like and find a new use for the model. I guess anger/outrage isn't my default emotional reaction to things?

7. Triumph

Basically yeah, there's no mechanical benefit to deleting niche profiles that aren't causing balance issues. People spend time and money on the models. Why fix what isn't broken and piss some of your customers off in the process?

On a bit of a tangent, squatting profiles like this and leaving orphaned minis is actually kinda a huge fucking pain in the ass for retailers who are now stuck with essentially expired stock. It's annoying enough to have models superceded in quality with reculpts, let alone having relatively recent items age out for no reason.

Weathercock and the huanglong like this.
  8. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Please explain how deleting the Daofei HMG profile is development or anyway beneficial. The challenge has been made many times in the thread.

9. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

@atomicfryingpan
    The Tiger sniper didn't have a miniature for starters, and honestly besides what have already been said I don't know where exactly we draw the line but I would say it would be for obviously dated miniatures, which the new DaoFei is not. I mean, I agree Spitfire fits the DaoFei more than HMG and I would be 100% OK with it being retired if the only existing miniature was the old cool crouching braided one, but we are talking about a very recent mini and not only that but the obvious profile to proxy the HMG for just got released in a box that I'm pretty sure 90% of YJ players got.

Btw, you should be reading sarcasm in my post, not anger/outrage. I don't get angry about toy soldier games, and I'm pretry happy at YJ in N4 (not so happy about N4 as an edition change, but that's another thing)

10. LZ35SRX

Removing duplicate profiles, adjusting the troop to fit CB's vision of the game, 'because the developer wanted to'. Any of these reasons is sufficient and beneficial to the game. Your feelings about not having used the profile enough are irrelevant. And nobody's stopping you from using the mini as any other Daofei profile.

Arkiemon and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  11. Arkiemon

Arkiemon Member

when does a miniature go from not dated to obviously dated? when almost none use it? when its been out for x amout of years? I asked this earlier to you, but never got a response of when do you feel you gotten your worth out of the miniature you bought?

12. Triumph

Generally speaking people refer to dated minis as ones that are out of date sculpts that are either much lower in quality or don't fit the current factional design. The old break dancing monks, beetle Maghariba Guard, unicycle bikers, etc.

Benkei and the huanglong like this.
  13. the huanglong

I direct you to the ORC profile block earlier in the thread and invite you to kiss my ass. Someone asked how many times I used the Daofei and I have answered. Nobody gives a shit what you don't care about.

14. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I feel like you are trolling when you ask me the difference between these 2 miniatures:

[​IMG][​IMG]

I dunno if you are being dense on purpose but I think there are pretty obvious cases when a miniature is dated (and I love the old HMG mini)

15. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Pot or kettle? Or perpetual rivers of salt?

16. Arkiemon

Arkiemon Member

while we are on that, what is your opinion on it? not what we/us/they/them/people say. so you agree with these people? also, HMG Daofei don't fit with the current factional design. has been one of my reason why I think it is removed? so it classifies for what THE PEOPLE say then?

17. Triumph

It does fit with current factional design. Aesthetically it matches the current Yu Jing design, and elite HI with big guns is basically Yu Jing's thing through and through. It hasn't been a problem for the last 5 years nor has it changed over that period and I don't believe I missed any memos going into N4 that mentioned we needed to remove Yu Jing's long range HI.

18. the huanglong

3 years isn't much time to go from the sole modern representative of the Daofei troop to so far outside the factional design that it couldn't just be discontinued, but had to be deleted. I don't believe it. Faction design is a vague thing.

19. LZ35SRX

And I direct you to CB's vision of the game. If they think that having a double with TinBot for every other profile of Orc is beneficial to the game - they will. If they want to have sectorial profiles of Orcs - they will. If they don't want to have a Daofei HMG profile - they will remove it, and will be in the right to do so. CB has their vision of the game, and they will move it where they think it is correct. So don't try to cover your whining with noble-sounding 'how does this benefit the game?'.

20. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

It doesn't fit Factional design? OK, you are 100% a troll

[​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation