1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear CB, what should I do with my TWO DaoFei HMG minis?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Benkei, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Arkiemon

Arkiemon Member

no but it feels like some, when they buy a miniature they own the rules and rights to that miniature forever. so am wondering when do you feel you gotten your moneys worth for it? as after I bought it. I already feel I gotten my reward in the miniature itself. I want to understand how you think about it.

2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Well not in 2020, that's for fucken sure lol. Think I've had like 4 games and most of them were with my spiral.

I got maybe 1 game a month on average in 2018 and 2019, so 24 games, split over tohaa, spiral, vanilla yu jing, imperial service, JSA and Ikari.

I played 2 games of vanilla in that time, as a kind of proto IA and proto WB before the armies came out. Both games I used a Daofei and in one of those games I used it as the HMG profile (It wrecked).

Anyway, I would have liked to use it more. Maybe I would have if I had not bought so many other Corvus Belli products.

#62 the huanglong, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  3. Arkiemon

Arkiemon Member

so since its now removed after being used 1 time, do you feel cheated for buying it? how many more games would you say you had to do until you wouldent feel cheated?

sounds like you got a lot of miniatures spread around factions, like we all do:p

4. the huanglong

upload_2020-9-27_10-36-5.png
    It's not binary. I'd need more self reflection to add numbers to the axes. But I'd never bee completely OK with it. My threshold for complaining on the forums is a function of factors like whether or not I am separated from my work, friends and family, models, INFINITY community etc by the breakdown of international travel.

Arkiemon likes this.
  5. Arkiemon

Arkiemon Member

perfect answer, even made a graf! we got very different axes, but I can understand your viewpoint. thank you:)

the huanglong likes this.
  6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Literally the same answer the post before it.

[​IMG]

7. Arkiemon

Arkiemon Member

there it is! totally missed the yes at the start there, after you said you given it 5 times befor. seems I can be a bit dense. thank you! also, that last question thing, was quoted to huanglong. not to you. so sorry for the mixup

#67 Arkiemon, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  8. the huanglong

upload_2020-9-27_11-52-37.png

Post your OG Daofei HMGs for maximum salt entitlement. Oh, miss that braid!

nazroth, Teslarod and Arkiemon like this.
  9. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Strangely enough, the old Pheasant Sniper's arm fits pretty well into the old Daofeis HMG body.

So she became my Haidao MSR.

10. Arkiemon

Arkiemon Member

Daofei.jpg
    OG Daofei is way before my time. but I do have the HMG guy, dident like the arms/sword tho. so replaced the arms with the Hac Taos.
    PS: armswap/convertion/building, way more fun then painting...imo!

toadchild likes this.
  11. archon

archon Well-Known Member

In my meta there is an agreement, we play without weapon proxy (few exceptions) and painted. So I painted up my Daofei HMG from Red Veil in 2018 and with WB and Kaldström my Daofei Spitfire. I now the untrained eye will not even recognise the different weapons, but I still feel cheated from the game for buying and painting the Daofei HMG and it is still a very cool mini, that now can only collect dust in my cabinet. No one will be hurt with the profile, it will not save space (look at Orc profile bloat) nor SKU (its in Beyond already and could be in a RV Action Pack. Why they even make the mini and why they make a relative new one obsolet? It is not even the Tanko treatment, when you can still use the old mini for proxing the new but different looking unit. Just gone for nothing.

At least Hac Tao KHD was added in late N3 and does not require a new mini. You can still use the hacker mini and it is still wysiwyg.

According to the fluff of the Daofei in IA: It looked very lazy in the Kaltstrom booklet, that they only copy paste the old fluff, especially when one takes in account that they use the fluff for heavy impacts (Uprising) and forgot it to remove the reference to Obiwans in YJ in the Dedalus fall books paradiso campaing (copy paste again). If they keep the fluff high, why not rewrite the Daofeis a little bit, to fit the new situation?[​IMG]

12. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Your meta proxying agreement goes against the actual proxy rules of the game so if you're going to hinder yourselves that way there is nothing to be done. Also there isn't really orc profile bloat. All of the profiles can be covered by current orc models. They arent going to make a different model for a varuna orc and winter for orc.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  13. Triumph

That's the argument. The HMG Daofei profile could've been left as it was while the mini was just discontinued. There wasn't any need to shitcan the profile as well.

14. archon

archon Well-Known Member

There is an official proxy rule, but to be honest, why even produce minis with the right weapons/loadout? With that rules we don´t need new minis, we can proxy all with the old stuff and at some point it is rediculus that three combi Zhanshis are ML, HMG and Sniper for example. The point with the Daofei is, they even make the right minis, but make one useless there is not a good reason for that and that is not a good customer service.

Ah and what Triumph say while I was typing ...

15. atomicfryingpan

Because then you're gonna get people complaining that they still have profiles with no models. I think if very specific people on this forum who rant and rave over it. At the end of they day they no decision is going to make everyone happy.

16. Triumph

There are tonnes of profiles with no sculpts right now and everyone is aware there is a limited amount of SKUs that can be in production at any given time, that's a fanboy cop out of an excuse there.

The only people I see bitch about sculpts for profiles is when CB literally wastes an SKU sculpting the shit profile no one wants to use which is a different thing.

17. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Well the whole point here is that in case of Daofei there is actually model for deleted profile so how the hell not deleting it would lead to people complaining about profiles without models?

18. atomicfryingpan

Just checked army and no heavy infantry unit in any faction has access to both a spitfire and hmg. So it checks with every other single heavy infantry in the game. They clearly don't want them to have both. Probably because of redundancy and to not have 1 single unit with a high burst weapon in multiple range bands.

Arkiemon and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  19. Death

Death Well-Known Member

I mean, a lot of Infinity players don't care about wysiwyg. So a lot of YJ players are just going to say their DaoFei HMG has a spitfire. And thats OK. Also, a lot of YJ players also play JSA. Rather than saying, I'VE BEEN INVALIDATED, screw you CB." they shrug and say, I guess I play two factions now.

If you really love wysiwyg thats fine, but those players that do often also love to kitbash. So I already know players who are planning to just switch out that HMG for another weapon. To expect a game to never drop profiles when its getting near 2 decades old is asking too much.

20. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Where’s the fun in that?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation