1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aleph N4 changes

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Bard, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Machival

Machival Well-Known Member

The length of the Aleph section in the Core Book is impressive.

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Well, having Machaon, Total Reaction Shocking Atalanta, Myrmidon Officer, basic Myrmidons, Ekdromoi & Diomedes seem good enough for vanilla purposes to me (having Teucer too would have been great, however).

Yeah, CC22 with Para(-3) OR Heavy Pistol... quite fun, and ups the armor to 5.
    For +3pts the +1CD for the k1 sniper is another fun option.

In OSS, I see the Apsaras for the Total Reaction bot, or maybe an HMG linked Dakini.

Daniel Darko likes this.
  3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Scylla was used for me in vanilla a lot, that would have been a big loss if I was planning on playing it right away.

4. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

With Diomedes and Machaon the way they are i'm not sure how usable they actually are, Ekdromoi also have a broken loadout.

Though I am glad they are at least around, Alep would be very empty if none of the greeks showed up.

xagroth likes this.
  5. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

Well, I had good fun running double dasyus in N3. Hidden away in a second combat group waiting to step in, once orders started going down.

6. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

I mean, I ran Dasyus too, but I was in minority. People seem to prefer Nagas always.

7. Bard

Bard Member

Yeah Dasyus were just bad before, Nagas were better and if you wanted Hidden Deployment you would have used the Proxy. They COULD have made Dasyus better, but instead they made the only Hidden Deployment option.

By the way, the list in the OP should be completed, let me know if there's something missing or if I made any mistake.

Overall anyway, after running Aleph main (almost exclusively actually) since the end of N2, I fear in N4 I won't be playing them much. Hopefully it'll change if we get a rework on SP or a new sectorial.

LaughinGod and Hiereth like this.
  8. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Well-Known Member

Currently in the same boat. Played ALEPH since they first came into existence back in N2 human sphere days.
    Will be waiting untill the rest drops in before playing them again since i have no interest in playing OSSS. With that said, new Atalanta seems intresting, espcially in you can set upp a repeater net where she is looking and spotlighting for those sweet BS21 AROs. Liking the new penny to so there is hope. :)
    Going to experiment with Vanilla Ariadna untill then.

9. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

Funny some that have been playing Aleph since N2HS are clocking out until the rest of the Steel Phallus gets added. I remember then it was just 4 Greek units. Myrms, Myrm Officers, Pat, and one version of Achilles. I can still count on one hand how many Greeks I use in vanilla even today.

Vanilla Aleph is still in a great spot.

Posthumans finally downgraded from OP cheese auto includes. V1 and V2 Achilles are just nuts. V1 with no Frenzy and V2 being 11 points cheaper and gets an AP Spitfire.

Dasyu have been bad? Guess I need to stop spamming them alongside the Nagas then...

10. Savant

Savant Lhosthost
    Warcor

DUMB excited that V2 Achilles is running around with an AP spitfire in an enviroment that will be encouraging TAGs. Will look wistfully back at some point to the "good ol' days" when Achilles could swing twice in close combat... but dmg 18 explosive CC is a nice can opener as well.

Hiereth likes this.
  11. Machival

As far as I can see, KHD don’t ignore Firewall Mods anymore. Since OSS doesn’t have any Tinbots, fielding a Dakini Linkteam against Corregidor is gonna be a lot of fun (sarcasm). Jazz in a link with a -6 Tinbot Mobile Brigada seems pretty untouchable.

loricus likes this.
  12. The Holy Knight

The Holy Knight Well-Known Member

I had heard that the multi-sniper would only have burst 1 in the DA profile, instead it has B2 like in N3. In your opinion, is it a bug or did the DA remain burst 2 too?
    Why the multi-sniper cost less now? What has changed? It seems to me the same as before.

13. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

They have access to Shock now, like other Multi weapons. We don't know yet what's the case with DA burst will be.

To hacking, yeah. To bullets, not so much. ARM 0. Don't fight Nomads on their terms, look for a way to force them to fight on yours.

14. Machival

Well, what would be your terms in this situation? It is not that hard to deploy her prone on a rooftop. Cost effective trade of Naga vs Jaguar to get to her? Hackable drop trooper who most likely will have to get inside 8 inches to shoot at her? Mk 2 Sniper in hidden deployment to get her when she shoots the Pitcher?

15. Stiopa

A note: Mk2 Sniper doesn't have Hidden Deployment at the moment, we don't know yet if it's a bug or a feature. Hidden sniper isn't a bad solution, though.

If she's shooting that Pitcher from enemy DZ, she won't shoot it very far. Not effectively. We'll have more trouble dealing with Repeaters/Deployable Repeaters, but then again, extensive hacking area was always Nomad' thing. Best solution would be probably an extensive use of non-hackable infiltrators, with a good Engineer as backup. Also, Fairy Dust is now available in HI/REM/TAG flavours, so we aren't defenseless.

16. Machival

That was the joke. Sorry, I was being sarcastic.

She is way more effective with the Pitcher than an unlinkable Danavas though, because she gets the link team +3 bonus.

The good point in Infinity is that of course there is always a way to play around things. But a lot of OSS’ cost effective units are remotes and Jazz is a very cheap option to shut them down and force the Aleph player to play around her.

And my initial point was, that Aleph hacking got, in my opinion, a lot worse compared to Nomads with the edition change. Aleph only gets Damage mods. The Shotgun Deva gets no Upgrade, while the Interventor who had Lighting as well gets Trinity -3.

17. Stiopa

Remember that Jazz - and Mary, for that matter - had access to good Upgrade programs in N3, too. So did Interventor with KHD. I think that the gap in programs remains roughly the same, and its biggest source is still the difference in Repeater coverage. This is simply something we need to plan for, by taking units that can work around Nomad hacking, or go for the hacker's throat/brain.

18. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It’s a feature.

loricus, the huanglong and Stiopa like this.
  19. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

upload_2020-9-27_12-0-57.png

This comes as a surprise.

20. Stiopa

I hope that this kind of balancing solution will be used more often, now that complex skills were divided into parts.

loricus and ijw like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation