1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[MILITARY ORDERS TACTICS] Quo Peregrinatur Grex Pastor Secum ["300pts Box" WiP 06/04/19]

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by eciu, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Cdp1492

Cdp1492 Well-Known Member

Tbh I dont have alot of grief with the new update. I'll be playing two games tomorrow and I'll see how they preform on the table before coming to any hard conclusions. I think two awesome builds we have for now are the crusade paintrain that doesnt fall apart when one member dies
    and a tikabalang backed up with a santiago magister core.

Death and Arkaon1125 like this.
  2. Death

Death Well-Known Member

MO seems like a sectorial that works best with 1 combat group only. The new 15 model meta helps them a lot.

Lady Numiria and Stiopa like this.
  3. Cdp1492

Played two games one firefight and one supplies. Won firefight with paintrain and tueton haris list and lost a close game of supplies that came down to the last order with paintrain tueton haris and montesa list. Next I want to try out something that doesnt have the paintrain in it. Also give the montesa with red fury a try he is a bully that hunts down squishy boys.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  4. Cdp1492

These were the lists I ended up playing if anyone was curious.

ph.PNG pm.PNG

5. Kwisatz Haderach

Kwisatz Haderach Zelenograd Shasvastii
    Warcor

ORLY?

Attached Files:

Sangarn and Lesh' like this.
  6. Titus

Titus Varuna Beach Commando

So MO is still very similar.

The mayor additions seem to me all the forward deployment knights, Santiago combat jump and montesa with red fury. The rest is mostly some point cost reduction and sorting some things that needed to be sorted (order sergeants finally...).

So basically MO is faster and craves first turn even more. I mean, we don't really have a lot of ARO or road bumps, so using all those forward deployment knights when playing second is very risky.

The lieutenant issue is still there. Even worse because holy grail knight got a ridiculous discount of 2 points. Compared with the discounts most HI got means that our chain of command feels even more expensive than before.

Also I really thought that most HI were getting 6-2 movement, like a lot of Yu Jing HIs got. That movement in all knights would have been nicer than the forward deployments in my opinion. Those profiles feel like don't belong there and just give you knights that have it difficult to be part of a fireteam... and if you are playing this sectorial, why would you want so many knights that simply walk alone. Seems like vanilla can play knights better than MO.

Sorry for the rant, but I was really looking forward for N4 as an opportunity to redefine MO finally, and seems like we just got the same thing with some changes we didn't need. Feels disappointing. I really hope I am wrong and the new MO is fun and works great, but doesn't look like it.

mrstream, Pinky, LaughinGod and 3 others like this.
  7. Arkaon1125

Arkaon1125 Well-Known Member

I think the genral feeling for MO rework is exactly what you pointed.
    We go Funny fluffy stuff, but nothing that we really needed, i think.

Titus likes this.
  8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

How it is faster but KoJ ?

9. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

I think he means by virtue of the hospitaller fw deployment profile. I guess you could as a meme start a 5 man core 8 inches up the board. But they will all have boarding shotguns...

10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Great thing to bring against linked ODD guys ^^ xD

Good that Hassasins can nicely get a whole link of various things outside of DZ :D

Stiopa likes this.
  11. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I don't mind Hassassins getting nice and powerful things.

I just want CB to finally figure out what MO should be about, and make this theme work

Guardian, Hiereth, mrstream and 5 others like this.
  12. Arkaon1125

When i Picked MO i did for the Lore in my mind : Strong Faith (aka impetuous/relogious troop) and nice SwordPlay. With some pew pew, since it's Pan-O. As far as i can see every othe faction/sectiorials to those thing and do it better. I think CB should realize (and admit this) and something about. I still have hope for November !

13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Nothing wrong with having good tools and nice things.

Problem is when other factions are doing what MO (supposedly should be) doing, but better ;P

Stiopa and Arkaon1125 like this.
  14. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Yeah i dont really care even if infinity turns into rocket tag. But i need to have a rocket to enjoy it, if i get handed a water gun it feels far less fun.

Obviously a hyperbole, but i often question some of these seemingly harebrained changes.

The KoJ being the first knight we saw for n4 stats being 6-2 was great. Him being wildcard is great. But then nothing he can link with can keep up with his movement stat unless he keeps using move-move. Even with moving into cc he is likely to leave his linkmates behind.

That feels like a big oversight, it FEELS like magisters were meant to be 6-2 . Lots of stuff in MO right now is that way, it Feels like more changes were coming and someone called times up pencils down on the test, so now a sectorial that could have been a solid B+ or A- is a C- or D

15. Stiopa

That's my impression as well. There's a lot of potential, lot of interesting ideas floating around, but they don't mesh well together. The whole thing is clunky. It can definitely work, but making it work is a chore, not fun.

16. Arkaon1125

In a couple of days i'll have my first match in n4. Let's see how it works! U summed up all suggestion / toughts gathered after this first day of release and my list is the following (orders are 9, i don't know why but the minelayer trinitarian is not counted):

[​IMG]

The RAW idea is cover a side of the field with the two Trinitarian, one hidden deployed one as a camo. And be annoing with mines and so on, plus they are not terrible on scoring obj.
    The fireteam to the rest of the Job (hopefully).

My opponent will be Aleph (vanilla i guess, or SSO) and Nomads (Sectorial for sure, don't know wich one). Wi will randomize a couple of scenario from the Core Book.

Wish me luck!

17. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

A dios te encomiendo

18. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

IA is the most similar sectorial to MO and CB has shown they can make a HI sectorial work. And it's hardly a mistery on how to do it. Having flexible links, with almost everything being wildcard, engineers, doctors, hacking protection and access to LT2, NCO and Tactical Awareness. Now imagine the MO we have now with every knight order being wildcard, Joan as well, one LT2, a decent NCO and Tactical Awareness on say HMG Hospitaller. 6-7 HI, 3 Trinitarians and it's a go. I don't think it would break anything, there's no mod stacking, not a lot of tricks, staying 4-4 makes them different to IA in movement, while getting melee to compensate.
    These armies are best constructed at 10 models.

19. Arkaon1125

I totally agree BUT... after my couple of days of Rant, i'm starting with my positive attitude!
    Have faith, maybe in november we have the update we deserve! Or maybe.... in N5 (joking!)

Stiopa likes this.
  20. Stiopa

Well, I was writing up my own wishlist. In my vision Hospitallers, Teutons, and Santiagos would be able to form Core teams, with Magisters being able to join any of them, together with Sepulchre and single OS. KoJ and Infirmarers would have Wildcard, and OS would have access to Core and Haris, with Konstantinos and Black Friars able to join those. But it's a nice wet dream, that's all.

Zsimbi and Skoll like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation