1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notable big changes

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by QueensGambit, Sep 25, 2020.

1. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

My few thoughts:

I'm not happy with that - because of the Naffatuns staying at 12 pts.
    In the same time when Fire got nerfed and ODD got buffed (because there's really no fire ammo anymore and it doesn't burn Mimetism -6, so another buff to Achilles, et cetera and especially Avatar - why so cheap?) and when the shotguns got a bit nerf but also a bit buff on cheap models (2 templates) the points of Ghulam decrease, while Naffatuns stay the same.
    I don't get it.

I don't agree - always thought she should get NBW, just like Khawarij, and he did. Now he's better in CC and better against many Martial Artists. It's good he doesn't have Fat2, yet I agree that SuperJump is silly now.

Yeah, that's how they work now - and it's great. It will be hard to take few cheap troopers, but mixing Daylami with some Minelayers Farzans, hidden Nadhir et cetera will be interesting.

I'm really dissapointed with Djabel, was sure he'll get +1 Burst in CC. Now the plain Fidays look more interesting, just like in N2, and I would rather have better Hussein.

Also not happy with Rahman being more expensive, he didn't need the NWI.

But the most important thing - where's Kasym?
    I hope that he'll ride to us, because he's one of my favourite units, played almost always, and such a mini. Please don't tell me I pimped up his motorcycle just to put it on the shelf... That's not the way of Kum chieftain!

And I know we got the super crazy cheap deadly Zuleyka (great that I convert and assembled mine recently), but I need my MotoBoss...

I'm also surprised all Zhayedans got Marskmanship. I think this rule should only apply to burst 2 support weapons or burst 3 light weapons. But I won't nag, I'm happy with the option of HMG hitting on 18 with shock ammo ;) And Regen on top of that.

Also Nahabs are great, even though lost some versatility, ODas got Shock immune and better CC, more Farzans with mines and great E/M Mines on Leila :)
    And the Maghariba with all the options - really interesting, nice she's not just another typical TAG.
    Fasid with Burst 3 HRL.
    Big surprise with Muyibs - BS13 and Tactical Awareness on few options.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

P.S. And in camo there's a ...
    Regular Hunzakut! Craziness ;)
    Even though he's FO but without Flash Pulse :P

emperorsaistone likes this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Leaving aside my own opinions on Impersonations; adding to what @QueensGambit wrote, also consider that Kiuutan can only enter IMP-2, never IMP-1, and that the rules on deploying in IMP-1 against aliens seem to be gone. Kiuutan has the short and smelly end of this stick, friend.

Xeurian likes this.
  3. H4tter

H4tter Member

Yeah, he lost the crits on 1s, but is +2 dmg on BS attacks, gained NBW and CC attack shock.

Super jump nerf sucks, but applies to all with the skill.

Hardly seems "thoroughly nerfed" though.

bladerunner_35 and Errhile like this.
  4. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

FAT2 was a very nice gunfighting skill, its effect on the odds was roughly equal to mimetism, which is huge. It was like mimetism that worked against MSV, which made Tarik a top-notch gunfighter. Without it, he's a mediocre gunfighter. That, plus the super-jump nerf, counts as "thorough" in my book. But yes, his CC is excellent and perhaps CC will matter more in N4.

5. Crusader

Crusader Well-Known Member

I know no one cares about them but:

Jannisaries: !BS14! BTS6, down 2pts accross all weapon options and with the new weapon stats Burst 2 DTW option as well. Oh and CC18 not that it would matter :) .

Balewolf likes this.
  6. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Thats why I said: "sidegrade"

You forgot the biggest thing...Cubes! But I can hardly like all of that, because firstly, RTF should have got a unit like that in the first place and not Jannisaries, just because their Sectorial got ooped. And Cubes are contrary to what their fluff is about.
    But if I imagine them as HI Supersoldiers for a second, then Yay!

7. Crusader

Yeah forgot to add the Cubes bit (which is weird considering their big Lore shtick is the sacrifice of not having a cube). I don't think they are super soldiers in power armour, just simply highly trained soldiers. They kinda look like Hospitaler knights' arabic version (with out the Frenzy bloodthirstiness for the same point costs), which is not bad IMO :) .

8. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I kinda have mixed feelings as while they are better shooters, the doctor is now worse as it doesn't have Doctor (+3) and just Doctor (2w). It does make a good Lt, though .

But Asawiras were super buffed! The only thing I don't understand is how the Ayyar shock marksman rifle is more expensive than an Asawira AP spitfire...

nikochan likes this.
  9. Crusader

I think the Holomask, Holoprojector and Surprise shot-6 could be the culprits for that.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  10. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

I'm not so keen on the Haqq changes so far. But that might be simply because i only win my games with impact templates from camo or impersonator shotguns. Damn maybe i need to learn to play now.

Barrogh likes this.
  11. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

With the cubes, I think it's better. Yeah, you'll spend a command token on them sometimes, but if they had the option of 2 wounds or +3 like in N3, I would be going for the 2 wounds most of the time, just because of the re-roll option.

Crusader likes this.
  12. exiti

exiti Mad Scientist Gorilla

Muyib's gained Tactical Awareness on two profiles

13. H4tter

H4tter Member

Yeah, I agree with sidegrade, I probably didn't pick the best post to reply to for clarity's sake.

emperorsaistone likes this.
  14. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

N4 MA4 is actually better most of the time than Burst 2 was, due to the Damage bonus putting him up to Damage 16.

Xeurian and RobertShepherd like this.
  15. Rhys

Rhys Active Member

I don't know if you noticed but the Fanous has Mim (-6) now. Pretty good deal at 7 points.

16. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Confirmed a bug; it should be -3.

Not sure yet whether Nasmats also having -6 is intended but I assume not.

17. Mannebein

Mannebein Well-Known Member

The change to bioimmunity is great for khawarij, as it seems to let you choose a bts save for all ammo.

Also, NBW does no longer state that you have to choose between martial arts and NBW. Boost for NBW and nahabs.

My favourite model so far is the NCO khawarij with a dmg 16 mk12 and msv 2. Great mobile Rambo.

I am also kind of interested in Tarik with extra order and a 15 dmg AP rifle. Crit immune seems strong.

18. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

I believe, you are mistaken, effendi. To inflict harm, one should hit first, and two dice on 26 are way better, than a single one. When succeed, Al Djabel is better than a nameless Fiday, that's true, but their chances to land a blow are the same now, and taking into account the fact, that the DA Fiday can destoy terrain elements and a point difference between Al Djabel and the Fiday... I am underwhelmed with our premium hitman changes.

#38 Ariwch, Sep 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    HardDisk and Errhile like this.
  19. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

@ijw - I have to agree with @Ariwch .
    If we're talking about comparing N3 MA4 vs N4 MA4 than MAYBE the new is better, DAM 16 is nice, but having 2 dices to hit was a huge advantage.
    And we have to remember we lost few other benefits that Djabel had. For example Surprise Attack was -6 and Viral killed outright any 1wound unit - now it's nerfed because it's DA +Shock and many units have Shock immunity* And shotguns were nerfed in the case of Impersonators.

Still we're not comparing N3 to N4 - that's not the point.
    We're comparing Djabel to Fiday with DA in current state of the game. We pay 7 pts for having Shock BS attack, +1 BS, +1 PH, and Viral CCW. Fiday hits with DAM 14, and Djabel with 16. That's not some great advantages for me.
    I hope that Viral now also can destroy terrain elements, since it's DA.

It's weird for me especially that Zuleyka got +1 B in CC.

Like it wrote it earlier, for me it's like going back to N2, when Djabel was also overpriced in comparison to normal Fiday with EXP CCW... It was hard to justify using the named character. And I was so so happy with N3 Djabel, a killer as deadly as he should be.

And while we're talking - is the lack of Flash Pulse in Hassassin Nadhir Forward Observer profile a bug or a designer's choice?
    I saw Hunzakuts also don't have Flash Pulse, but I thought that more advanced unit should have it. Especially that it fits greatly with the equipment and weapons that Nadhir have.

PozdRawiam

*) At last sunday's GoodBye N3 Tournament I got to make few symbolic actions, like ruining TAK's fireteam - first guy with Djabel, then taking out Vet Kazak HMG from a long distance with Lasiq sniper. Than Djabel killing another member - Lieutenant, as it came out later. Classic stuff. Now it will be tougher to do with Vet Kazaks getting Shock Immunity (I suppose Viral will still be DA for them, rolled on BTS, but needing two failed BTS rolls to kill).

20. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Well, sure that’s what I was comparing, that’s why I said ‘than Burst 2 was’. :-(

Sorry if I didn’t make that clear enough.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation