1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 Tools

Discussion in 'News' started by Captain Spud, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Captain Spud

Captain Spud Maker of Things

Oh hey, we're online. Neat.

N4 is out! Hacking is easier! You probably don't need an app to manage it anymore! I made one anyway!
    [​IMG]

I've rebuilt the code from the ground up to be less... awful... and enable some additional features that weren't possible on the flaming code raft that was the N3 Hacking Helper. The basic workflow hasn't changed-- you start by picking the device you want to use...

[​IMG]

...then pick your target...

[​IMG]

...choose a program from the menu...

[​IMG]

...and finally, follow the instructions to begin hurting people.

Most of the new features I've planned out (and even a lot of old features!) aren't ready to launch yet, but one new feature is available right now: EspaƱish!

[​IMG]

People have been asking me for years if there was a way to translate my previous app into other languages, but the crappy code that I wrote for it didn't really make this possible. Since I was re-building the N4 version from scratch anyway, I made a point to put in the necessary knobs and sockets to make the code easily accommodate multi-language support. Currently this means English and Spanish, but as official and fan translations of the hacking rules start to become available, I'll be able to work with volunteers to add other languages as well. :)

Other things the app doesn't do yet, some of which might get added in the vague future:
    • Work offline (currently you need to be online to load the page)
    • Mobile app version (to be clear: I have no idea how to do this. But I'm willing to look into it this time. Just... later. :P )
    • Links to the Wiki
    • Reference section
    • As hinted by the new app title, I plan to have the app do more than just hacking this time. I have a feature about 1/3 built that will let you take a photo and label it with pins to mark your hidden and marker-state troopers, and other tabs will be bolted on as time allows.
    Current Known Issues:
    • Two programs (Oblivion and Spotlight) have a discrepancy between their Burst value in the summary and text block. This discrepancy is present in the rules PDF. I'm waiting for official confirmation of the correct value, but in the previous edition we were told to always side with the text block in this type of scenario.
    Aaaaaand that's it. Let me know if it explodes.

(PS: A massive gracias to @HellLois and @Koni for giving me an early peek at the hacking rules so I could get the app assembled for launch day. ^_^ )

Santyagass, Wizzy, inane.imp and 46 others like this.
  2. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. There's something missing with the app: my cat isn't on the available targets list... ;)

*ducks*

Seriously speaking: great job! Definitely bookmarking this app. If you made a mobile version, I'd be double grateful...

Speaking of tools: anyone up for writing something that would convert Infinity Army listings into AoS-style warscrolls? Meaning, something with prose descriptions of what a specific trooper can do and how it works rules-wise? That would be a great learning tool...

3. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Thanks so much for making an N4 version of this! I always had the N3 hacking helper open in a tab on my phone browser, and I look forward to doing the same in N4.

I really miss the "full menu" button when you click on a specific hacking device to get a list of all available programs. Would that be something you might consider adding?

bladerunner_35 likes this.
  4. Captain Spud

Captain Spud Maker of Things

The full menu is on a short list of features I didn't have time to finish before launch. It should be there in a week or two. :)

xagroth, chromedog, Willen and 3 others like this.
  5. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

I can help with the French version.
    At least for Carbonite and Spotlight, the official CodeOne translation gives everything (p104). That's a start ^^

crouchingotter and chromedog like this.
  6. crouchingotter

crouchingotter Well-Known Member

chromedog likes this.
  7. Choofa

Choofa Member

Thank you so much for this. I used the N3 helper ALL THE TIME!!

crouchingotter and chromedog like this.
  8. Gurtana

Gurtana Member

Captain Spud, what an incredible job! Thank you.

crouchingotter likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation