1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random musing about (mostly) Hassassin Bahram in N4. (Now with pictures of the new stuff in the OP )

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by emperorsaistone, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Freebootas

Freebootas Well-Known Member

Did you use the new impetuous rules? Like how they only run towards people if they have LOS?

2. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

At time of playing the new impetuous rules are identical to the old impetuous rules except:
    1. impetuous models only move toward the closest enemy model if that model is in their ZOC; otherwise
    2. impetuous models move toward the enemy table edge

It's a nice simplification and makes them broadly a bit more predictable and easy to work out.

If there's been a further update to this I'd be interested in hearing about it :)

Xeurian, Barrogh and Freebootas like this.
  3. Freebootas

Freebootas Well-Known Member

My bad, misunderstood reading the changes from a second hand source. That being said, I'm assuming you used those rules? Just curious to see how Mutts will do in N4.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  4. RobertShepherd

Xagul82 likes this.
  5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Note that 1 is if you can reach an enemy Trooper with the current move, as you’re not allowed to premeasure ZoC! Otherwise it’s towards the enemy DZ.

6. RobertShepherd

Awesome, cheers - so for an impetuous biker you'd check to see if they can reach an enemy with their MOV8, whereas with an impetuous mutt you'd check to see if they can reach an enemy with their MOV4?

7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

8. RobertShepherd

Love your work. :)

Hiereth likes this.
  9. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

@TheDiceAbide, @WiseKensai, and @Zelaponeepus had a good discussion on the N4 HB changes:

They touch on how the new profiles and the fireteam options open a some new play styles for HB. I am looking forward to the "Govad" link that will be built with mostly Muyibs. I usually play vanilla, but with the new mixed fire team changes, it would not be very difficult for me to move into HB. I am looking forward to the Govad link that will be built with mostly Muyibs:

"Govad" 3-man Core
    Govad with HMG
    Muyib with LGL
    Muyib with Viral Minelayer.

What do you guys think?

10. RobertShepherd

Right now I'm operating on the assumption that Govads will get native haris (in the same manner as things like Ye Mao) and I'm looking forward to running a Govad haris led by a Govad with shotgun (any type, will experiment) for those tasty B3 templates at -6 to dodge through smoke. Remaining models as yet undetermined; Yara Haddad is a very strong contender if she's not busy with the core link, as is a Muyib LGL for self-contained smoke.

Urobros likes this.
  11. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Sorry, but right now if you dodge through smoke don't have the -6, It was something said about this for N4 what I missed? Then it will be awesome.

12. RobertShepherd

This is based on Code One, assuming the rules translate one to one. In Code One, penalties to dodge and reset stack. So the penalty for dodging a template from outside your LOF stacks with the penalty for dodging against a trooper outside your LOF, meaning an MSV trooper shooting a template weapon through smoke causes a -6 to dodge.

Urobros likes this.
  13. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Ok. I should have readed more carefully Code One. I had not understand this kind of stack, but it really makes sense in comparaisson with the others in reset... Thanks!

RobertShepherd likes this.
  14. KwarkyMats

KwarkyMats Well-Known Member

I've been experimenting more and more with 3-man cores in RTF after the Bromad Academy came with that mission, and I think I prefer them over a full 5-man cores in general. This has mostly to do with the fact I'm terrible at moving groups of 5 units around.

HB seems ripe for all kinds of fun experimental 3-man cores paired with a Haris, which gives you plenty of room for solo pieces like the Nadhir, Shujae, Shakush and everybody's favourite Fidays.
    I will definitely play around with this come N4.

15. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

2 teams of 3 is my favorite way of playing limited insertion, and I think N4 HB is in a position to do it much better than N3 Ramah, since their core options for it are a lot more appealing. At 15 models, It would probably be better to just take 2 cheap models as filler. It's also an option to take a core of 5, but only move out with 3 or 4. This is especially good for the Ghulam core, where you can take a cheap sniper as a surprisingly good ARO piece, then just move out without it.

16. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Many nice things happend to HB, but some things are a headscratcher.

The Ayyar hasnt changed a bit, except for the Panzerfaust while other HI got a lot cheaper or better. Is there something I am missing about him?

Also, I dont exactly get Al Djabel now. The regular fidays got cheaper and also CC 23. Yes he gets more Dam+2 in CC and the Viral Weapon is a bit better than a DA CCW, but 33 points compared to Mine Fiday for 27 or a regular one for 25?

Govads...at first glance they look even more worse compared to Muyibs now than in N3. I cant imagine that MSV 1, Veteran, a Cube and beeing a few points cheaper, outweigh BS 13, Dogged, a lot of very useful gear and superior linkability.

Apart from those and the missing Farzan, everything is quite nice.

Edit: Okay, Yasbir is still not really desireable. One point more Damage doesnt cut it. I mean seriously, his infiltrating profile is more expensive than Al Djabel.

#136 emperorsaistone, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Errhile likes this.
  17. Fenrir

Fenrir Well-Known Member

Haqqis RIP

(and the missing kum leader)

18. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Come on, play some games before coming to such harsh conclusions.

And really, we got a lot of nice stuff.

Errhile likes this.
  19. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

We did But kasym and farzans are beloved at least by me. Also did the initial hassassin sectoral reveal not have farzans? Did we miss this or is ut likely a typo/accident

KedzioR_vo likes this.
  20. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Farzans being missing is deffo a typo, they appear in the sectorial charts

Kasym is also probably a bug, but considering his arrival into infinity was pure bullshit maybe they killed him and we will get another Kum chieftain with an even edgier and more terrible backstory.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation