1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 - is there a date?

Discussion in 'News' started by Varsovian, Sep 3, 2020.

1. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Correct and correct.

Teleute likes this.
  2. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

From what I get, if you are on mobile it doesn't work, but works on PC...

Ashtroboy likes this.
  3. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

Wondering if the old-school, Win 95-style scrolling bars are a bug or a feature ;)

4. KujakuDM

KujakuDM Vigilo Confido

Will there be a mobile version for use in browsers? I prefer it organized like that over the usual online version.

5. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Nope. You must use the iOS/Android app.

KujakuDM likes this.
  6. KujakuDM

KujakuDM Vigilo Confido

Thats fine. I just find the way it organized on mobile easier on desktop. Thanks for the quick response!

7. Arkaon1125

Arkaon1125 Well-Known Member

But, the Android app will be updated or i have to donload a new one?

8. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

You'll receive an update, and you'll be able to change from CodeOne to N4 (or vice-versa) going to the gear at the top right side of the screen.

Arkaon1125 likes this.
  9. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

For generic stuff (base troops, common remotes) they barely need mention, but some of the units are pretty unique and half the fun is what they are, not just a stat-line. I don't have the books yet to see, and ALEPH is apparently not important enough anyway, but it'd be a shame to lose the Danavas, Apsara and such from a good description.

I think maybe another book would be handy for new players, because another common theme is "how do I tell what unit this mini is?" and a guide book with pictures and fluff would be great. (Or, an updated Human Sphere wiki or CB store or whatever. Or, all of it.)

My close in vision is great, so I can read tiny better than most people, but as my distance vision has gotten progressively worse over the years, the difference has become enough that I can't read comfortably with my glasses on anymore. The solution in my case is bifocals or just taking my glasses off when I need to see print better. Even if the font is smaller than before, it may also be the case that your vision is just getting worse and it's That Timeā„¢.
    I can understand the accessibility of larger font, but the trade off is less text density resulting in more pages for the same content, or more likely, less content at the same page count, so especially in a core book for an edition, it can be an insurmountable issue. Possibly it would have been better to do a Core 6 book (PanO, Yu Jing, Ariadna, Nomad, Haqqislam, Combined Army) and then the Cool Kids book (NA2, O12, ALEPH, Tohaa) or some other division of the factions.

Koin-Koin likes this.
  10. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

I would love for there to be an official Human Sphere wiki or something like the old catalog site cause you are absolutely right about the "what mini is this" questions. As for new players, another art book but with some basic faction rundowns would be perfect. There are so many sectorials now that it seems like new players easily fall into choice paralysis.

It worked for me on mobile by using the "Request Desktop Version" option in the browser but this might depend on your OS, phone, and app. I will say that it worked surprisingly well on a small screen but I still decided to, reluctantly, get out of bed a 5:30 am to see it on a full screen.

11. Varsovian

Yeah, one problem I have with the current CB online store is that the mini descriptions suck. Almost no information, just "this mini is definitely a scary soldier" (I'm quoting one of the descriptions almost verbatim here). Back when I was getting into Infinity, there were actual fluff descriptions in the store, so you could work out what troopers you might want to buy without looking into the books.

There are so many units and sectorials now that, maybe, it's time for CB (and us) to admit that sticking to the "one corebook" format isn't feasible anymore. Maybe the way to solve it would be taking a page from Games Workshop and publish the core book with just general fluff and faction overview - and move unit backgrounds, troop profiles etc. to faction-specific supplements... That way, they'd have more space for rules in the corebook (no need for tiny font anymore!) and they could publish backgrounds for all of the troops without having to restrict themselves.

12. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

The problem with a PanO book for example, would be when they add a new sectorial later, which I guess wouldn't be a big deal overall, but still irritating later on. I think they could manage collections though, 3-4 factions to a book maybe, or something similar. It'd still be ahead of GW since you have the Army app from the start I'd say, vs buying core book+points book+ stats book+terrain book + subscribing for the app when it gets a list builder.

13. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

So, are the N4 rules available for download yet? Kind of out of the loop...

Got the first N4 satellite coming up in five days, and I can't see what half my guys do. Little bit awkward lol

14. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

https://www.infinitythegame.com/resources/downloads

Btw...arent profiles pdfs a thing anymore?

15. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

I've had that link before.

upload_2020-9-27_8-6-28.png

The top option just links back to the main page. The next option is the Rules Adaptation Annex. The others are tokens and sectorial charts.

I'm assuming the top is a broken link.

chromedog likes this.
  16. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

CTRL+F5

17. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

18. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Which doesn't count for a lot when it's the army builder that's the problem.

Varsovian, Errhile and Hiereth like this.
  19. Varsovian

True. There should be some second source to compare with the Army, so that bugs could be spotted...

Panzerschwein and chromedog like this.
  20. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Thinking back to N3, I'm having a hard time remembering any instances where having a second source to compare with Army actually helped. Sure, there were times when Army and the PDFs disagreed, but you still wouldn't know which one was correct without applying critical thought to the profiles.

Berjiz, Abrilete and CabalTrainee like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation