1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 Yu Jing; the good the bad the ugly

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Mahtamori, Sep 25, 2020.

1. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I'm confused about Kuang Shi and their controller. Can Kuang shi only be chosen if they are the core link of your army with the CG in it?

2. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

I just read new fireteam rules and it seems that you can form fireteam duo in vanilla without anything. Is it true or am I just missing something?

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Core links are formed during game, not at list creation, so no. I think they missed a control device on the bonus CG.

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

'the Trooper makes a Direct Template Attack'

Direct Template Weapons require a target.

From p2, Fireteam: Duo special Skill: 'The Trooper possessing this Special Skill must belong to a Sectorial Army List, or have a Special Skill, piece of Equipment or Hacking Program that allows its use.'

5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

So, Nomads were better than YJ at running HI fireteams and they not only didn't lose anything but got better. Nothing changed: Vanilla rox, ISS got better, IA and WB still not worth it imo.

P. D: also, Riots can get in all kind of funky Fireteams now while Jujaks are still Jujaking

6. Amusedbymuse

Oh so fireteam:Duo is not a skill that allows it. And with TeamPro gone there are no Duos in vanilla at all then?

7. Amusedbymuse

Riots that have their MSV1 buffed and gained already buffed Fatality1. Yep bakunin needed love i guess...
    But something that everyone keeps missing: YJ lost weird 1 wildcard of the same unit restriction. We can now have KHD and MSV haidao in paintrain at the same time :)
    For same strange reason Tian Gou in WB still has this restriction -.-

Mahtamori likes this.
  8. H4tter

H4tter Member

Am I missing something or did Gao lose Wildcard in WB as well as the other hits to his profile?

It seems strange that N3 WB was a "placeholder" for the real sectorial, but they seem to have gotten worse in the transition, rather than complete.

Benkei likes this.
  9. Mics152

Mics152 Member

Tai Sheng lost her stun grenades, i know a lot of my opponents will be happy but thats a hell of a thing to lose and with not much of a points drop.

10. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I dunno if it's the same for WinterFor, but certainly WB seems worse.

11. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Who cares about Gao with the new Shang Ji?

Having a lot more trouble with SWC in WB now as well as the 15 order limit killing my monks.

12. Mahtamori

I think all in all all three YJ sectorials got better. WB will be a nightmare for Fireteams to play against, IA lost the most annoying restrictions, and ISS is no longer in the middle ages.

Need to find new LTs for WB because CB just deleted QG from the game. Is a shame, broadneck will get to be good by being a Zuyong/Shanger HMG I guess.

Hisey and Willen like this.
  13. Ecthelion

Ecthelion Well-Known Member

Yeah, a bit unsure about White Banner atm. Lots of changes that I do like, though.
    • Am I crazy, or was Oktavia not supposed to be usable in WB? I see her in Army 7 right now and it's not like I'm blown away by her profile, but I do remember deciding not to preorder N4 cuz I liked her sculpt but didn't have any way to use her.
    • I'm glad I don't have to bother getting Qiang Gao, since I never liked how he completely invalidated the Shang Ji in N3. That new AP HMG with tac awareness blows him away, even if Gao had kept Wildcard. Not a fan of too many characters dominating sectorials anyway.
    • Zhanshi still have AVA 4. Bleugh.
    • JQ and Adil both got slightly cheaper - though Adil seems to have lost i-kohl. He still seems a bit expensive for what he brings, but usable - maybe.
    • That minelayer Guilang with deployable repeater is mint. I expect all YJ that can field the ghost wolves to enjoy that.
    • Blue Wolf is significantly cheaper, and has Berserk. With TAG PH and 6-4 mov, it should be pretty fun to eviscerate things - as long as the target doesn't have mono/EM2 CCW or something. B5 AP Spitfire will still be more efficient in most cases, but yeah.
    • Still no idea how best to fit in Jujak. They have better link options in White Company, which is disappointing since it's one of the models that initially drew me to Kaldstrom. At least Shang Ji getting in-built haris will make it easier to form Shang Ji Haris; but since Ye Mao haris are a thing, I'll probably reach for those more often.
    • Very glad Hundun got hidden deployment. It was expected, but still wasn't certain until now.
    • Long Ya getting Flammenspeers is pretty sweet. Them having to pay SWC for minelayer feels fair.
    Overall, not sure if I feel good about White Banner competitively, but I think they'll be fun. It's true it seems to bring a bit too little to the table except a few fringe 'nice to haves' while losing a ton of options when compared to Vanilla.

I'll still collect and paint them since I'm more of a hobbyist than a competitive gamer. The Blue Wolf is absolutely gorgeous, and deserves to go on a few rampages.

14. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I like what they did with the Shang Ji, just stuff lots of good things on a single profile so we can't complain about it anymore. Just missing the regeneration [emoji6]

For me the best thing we got is the all star deployable repeater Guilang by far.

15. Mahtamori

Is it my Army app bugging or did they remove FTO from Yan Huo (but not from the Fireteam note)?

16. H4tter

H4tter Member

Ok, according to the Fireteam chart, for WB, Gao can be a part of any Fireteam of Shang Ji, so he isnt completely erased.

Additionally, Liang Kai keeps his ability to count as a Shaolin (for what that's worth).

Army is missing a ton of fireteam info right now.

17. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Shame WB did not got a proper core, but guess I can live with it by making a guerrilla playstyle. Hundun's HD gave it a massive boost!

18. Mics152

Mics152 Member

Yeah it is missing i hope the mistake is the fire team, wanna have tha HMC in a haris!

19. Cheshirrre

Cheshirrre New Member

IMO operation Kaldstorm was kinda starter pack for White Company.
    We get N4 and i still don't get how WB plays...

20. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

considering the kriza borac can get in a fireteam core of hollow men, the yan huo HRMC in haris wouldn't surprise me.

Very defensive sectorial with fast and agressive flanker. Classic hammer and anvil sectorial, in short.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation