1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snakes and Bird speculations

Discussion in 'O-12' started by D_acolyte, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Pretty sure that's just one of the design limitations placed on O-12 at this point (deployables excepted)

2. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

I'd be up for that. High priced TO aside (they aren't in Starmada anyway), it's a good design model for a police faction.

Tourniquet likes this.
  3. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Oh wow I had never noticed we completely lack basic camo

4. Tourniquet

yup outside of the mines on the mine laying Razor it's TO or it's nothing.

Brother Smoke likes this.
  5. D_acolyte

D_acolyte Well-Known Member

I do not mind the fact we have TO instead of normal camo it is one of those things that makes it feels like a hightech faction. I would like for CB to brake some of the previous rule groups, may be take hidden deployment away from Lynxes or perhaps give hidden deployment to gangbusters even if they do not have a camo state.

6. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

From Freak Wars (screenshots by ORA Critika)
    [​IMG]

Danger Rose likes this.
  7. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

These look terrible, please take it back and submit again after full review and edit.

what the hell is that hideous collar they have. they seem too lightly equipped to be assault troops. I feel they have a core they could improve from. But it's like they stopped designing it halfway through.

8. Legrasse

Legrasse Member

They look a GI Joe villain.

9. Tourniquet

I like the helmet, collar is a little derpy, but I like them, well like that they have a HRL.

10. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

all this talk about the collar and no one mentions the glowy fingers. I for one look forward to running Destro

Legrasse likes this.
  11. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

1) I absolutely called it, the Psi-Cops have a MULTI Marksman Rifle.

2) my prediction for Nyoka is ODD (Mimetism -6) linkable heavy weapon platforms. Because Starmada had a weakness of not having many sources for long range weapons (over 24”) and CB can’t have their new poster child have a weakness.

Also, let it be known that CB pissed all over their internal faction design consistency with the N4 O12 update. Lack of fire weapons and lack of templates (excepting glue) was a faction defining weakness. And now we have LRL on the Crusher and HRL on the Nyoka.

Ok negativity out. The Razor is 100% awesome and I want 3. I love the design and the pose and everything about it. Same with the Lynx, the unit design is fantastic. I’m so glad we will be getting 3 Lynx sculpts (plasma, SMR, MSR). They are good units and fantastic design wise. Psi-cop is alright sculpt wise, I wish we could see the MMR. Gonna be super cool especially if they have Holo1. Nyoka actually is an interesting unit design and if the tech-fur-collar isn’t played up too much they could look good.ill be converting mine for the time being but I have hope for the sculpts. As much as I moan about their rules in the first part of the post I will probably play them as they look to be an important part of the sectorial and can link with Hector and Bronzes.

Overall still optimistic.

12. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

im thinking the Nyoka may be a nanoscreen trooper? Albedo maybe? what's the pattern and collar supposed to represent?

13. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

They'll have climbing pkus for sure as they have the same winch that the Bronzes and Zeta use.

Is it ever gonna take alot of conversion work to get them to not look silly.

14. Death

Death Well-Known Member

You guys are so picky, as always. Its a quirky design for sure but I'm fine with Nyoka. Though yes, they clearly work for Cobra. Jokes aside, I'm far more interesting to learn that they carry an HMG. Thats huge for Starmada because the sectorial was looking like it lacking HMGs. So my guess was right and Nyoka look to be an MI link. It will be interesting to see what their load outs are and how costly they are.

I think thats a terrible idea. Whats key to making the Lynx Sniper powerful is hidden deployment. Theres SO much value gained by your opponent not knowing what unit you have off the board and having multiple possible hidden threats is a key advantage. Also, HD lets you reveal unexpected to catch enemies out of cover. Losing this advantage would be pretty crippling to the Lynx sniper which is a rather expensive unit.

As for gangbusters, their role is area denial with their perimeter weapons. So HD wouldn't make sense on them. Now its certainly possible for CB to design a unit for 0-12 that has HD but no camo marker but I don't think that works for either of these units.

#34 Death, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    miguelbarbo84 likes this.
  15. Yinsania

Yinsania айхаас хэт галзуурсан

They look like divers.
    And I like them, I'm a freak, but I like the design they have. But they don't look like a MI or HI to me.
    EIDT: Sorry if I "sound" like some sort of bot but I'm clumsy this morning XD

16. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

They look like Abe Sapien

17. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

I love all of the new unit designs. Also, I believe this confirms our suspicions that PsiCOps will have Holoprojectors. Notice the skin being "painted on" her left hand.

I also wish we had gotten the marksman sculpt, but maybe the hacker will be really useful in links. Joining a BetaTrooper link gives her access to a tinbot, for example.
    Screenshot_12-1.png

18. miguelbarbo84

miguelbarbo84 Well-Known Member

So, if we can trust any of the leaked N4 profiles, it seems Nyokas and Psicops are "premium LI" with a few special perks/equipment, which adds (in Starmada) to the Bluecoats.

Summarising:

Bluecoats: adhesive ammo, MR, redfury, Biovisor, "melee".
    Nyokkas: Climbing Plus, +1dmg(BS),MSR, HRL and special parachutist profiles (non linkable..).
    PsiCops: mimetism-3, MR MSV1, MMR Biovisor, HD, KHD.

I'd really have liked to see something a bit more special, or maybe some toolboxy option and feel that, although those units may give shape to diverse functional lists, they are too close to one another.

Hope there's something else not seen in the leaks...

What do you think?

19. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

So I was thinking about the Raptors. Daydreaming about what they might be. Especially with the bits we know about the other units.

I don’t think it’s gonna be a LI. We seem to be filling up that roll quite a bit. I also don’t think it’s going to be a drop troop or infiltrator. Between not stepping on other units toes and apparent built in weaknesses of the faction/sectorial.
    My personal thoughts are a couple options. They’re not linkable. So maybe they have a Peripheral remote. Heavy combat roll and not FD like Sirius. Maybe MI to fill that roll. Or an S5 HI. With a more CC focus. Like Taskmaster vs Kirza. Starmada seems to be leaning heavily into cqc with highly optimized units. And many of the other high tech factions have at least 2 S5s. Ranging in ava from 2-4. Or a Gecko like mini tag.

Something I personally think would be amazing, is a HI with Guard! The thing that made me think that was Bostria talking about the new guard rule being so amazing and talking about Andromeda and he said “it’s so good, it’s crazy, it’s a good thing it’s a character and not a unit with like ava 4 or something..” and I thought, maybe he’s subtly referring to a new unit!? Oooh Raptors are ava 4! Lol more likely not. But I think that would be amazing! Just a personal feeling.

We’ll find out in a few days though! Just some fun speculating!

20. Rhys

Rhys Active Member

The Raptors are going to be 6-2 HI with a Devabot and like all the other orbital troops of their style will come with 360 visor.

AmPm likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation