1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa in N4

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

And Kaeltar

2. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

For anyone who hasn't noticed, PARA (-6) is the replacement for Electric Pulse in N4.

melkiach likes this.
  3. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Not exactly -6, is -3 on some profiles, it will depends

Teslarod likes this.
  4. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

If there's any truth to the army leaks I'm hoping it's that 1W symbio keeps the shock immunity.

5. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Transmutation you mean hehehehe, no more Symbio! :p

6. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

It will always be symbio armour in my heart. Transmutation (w) just doesn't have the same ring to it.

7. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

So a little bit of tohaa has been leaked lately through spiral corps. I'm excited for a cheaper Neema that can fight and has Lt L2. She's already in many of my lists that are not full spam, and with tactical window I expect she will be close to an autoinclude at least at first.

I'm pretty impressed with the Kiel-Saan now. It was a big melee HI that couldn't fight, now it can smash face. I just wish it had vanilla triad

Lol @ Igao getting more expensive, the change to Kaeltar, and Longarms still being absolutely crap.

8. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

On this,

Igao combi goes down one, shotgun goes up as they have been globally, and they possibly get mirrorball which is super interesting on a camo unit. +1 cc doesn't hurt at all, and due to new MA tables she's hitting much harder as well with N4, shock ccw added on is pretty minor with so much shock immune, but does make it harder to recover from a good alpha strike through.

Kiel san and Neema get bumps in line with other HI which is good. LT2 is a skill im glad to see around and especially on Neema, Advanced command alone is kind of lame. MetaChemistry does not have an L level to it anymore so who knows what happens with those charts, could be a huge buff.

I'm not really sure what is going on with the Kaeltars, the loadouts are a mess so i'll ignore them for a week.

Dire Foes characters seem unchanged in general which I again am going to opt to ignore because I'd like them to get something.

This does also highlight the potential loss of Nimbus plus grenades AND nulifiers which I am sad to see go.

9. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Advanced Command was terrible in tohaa. Everything is linked, or has the G;Synch rule preventing it. I mean I love my clipsos and moving several of them at one time, but it was pretty much the only way to use tokens.

I lol'd hard at the Kaeltar. That dastardly combi symbiomate CoC profile was nerfed super hard with +2 points. That will fix it. Found it interesting that they seem to be AVA 2 now in Spiral, which makes sense given the two model pack. One reason I disliked Spiral was being limited to just one Kaeltar.

10. Spellbreaker90

Spellbreaker90 Well-Known Member

From the Kaeltar profile it seems that the one with Chain of Command now pack just one Symbio.
    Krigel Agent get a nice point discount.
    Kiel-Saan being more usefull in CC is good, but we will have to see new Metachemistry to give a true judgement. ATM Neema is still the better choice.

11. Torres

Torres Well-Known Member

I think it was pretty great to change one more Irregular to Regular ;)

12. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

I am waiting for usual tohaa in N4. Not a spiral.

Transmutation... Fraakta have it.
    But it’s not a time to join Combined Army, right?))

#312 Daireann, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  13. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Never!!!!

Abrilete and Daireann like this.
  14. nethervoid

nethervoid Well-Unknown Member

Well, I got used to reform links during the game (on casualties, to avoid surprise demasking, etc), so additional token was appreciated.

Darkinga likes this.
  15. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

Not at home so I may be misremembering, but I believe the launcher load outs had a significant discount, but the smg pherobooster load outs were the same which is odd.

melkiach likes this.
  16. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

The mirrorball pherotactic for the Igao is unexpected, i wish we could see more pherotactics on some profiles at N4

17. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

It has a ton of utility if you need to swap out links mid-game, and to get that extra order from your Diplomatic Delegate every turn.

Cothel and Abrilete like this.
  18. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

I agree on the diplomat, but I probably reformed a link like one in five games or less. I used links mostly for Makaul smoke and for free movement. By the time stuff was dying I'm usually not invested in reforming anything and models are either in position or so far out of position its not worth it. I always seemed to end up with tokens left if I didn't actively try to spend them.

Mirrorball is pretty interesting on the Igao. I am definitely not an Igao fan, but with some specialized gear like this I feel he has a place. Also, the easily linked cheap order spam being nerfed helps too.

Hoping this is indicative of many tohaa changes, maybe thats one of the reasons for their delay. Its harder to add totally new capabilities to profiles then it is to denest skills and reprice on a new formula

melkiach likes this.
  19. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Igao is a beast, that greanades can make some good plays (And ofcourse, good CC good Shotgun)

My problem with putting the Igao on the list is due to the Frenzy, that that troop becomes impetuous the next turn has given me bad scares in some games

With the change of rules, and modification (NOT 100% safe) of the profile, it makes you want to try it again and again in N4 ^^

20. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

What change of rules is this? I'm not all up to date but far as I know he's got frenzy, got camo, and so will go stabby mode the turn after he does something.

I just can't agree on those grenades. I don't want to F2F with a nonlethal, and every time I attempt speculative it just wastes my orders so hard.

For me, Igao sucks 50% because frenzy kills camo, and 50% because he competes with the Clipsos. Generally I don't think Igao is as good as a clipsos, but that goes for most skirmishers in the 25pt bracket.

I think the Frenzy is more a mental problem than a real problem. Typically camo appear, kill stuff, push a button etc, then recamo. Since he can't do that he obviously sux cb plz buff. Given he's safe until your next turn, and often is more appear, kill shit, move up towards more shit, on a logical level I feel it's not such an issue, but man I can't get over it long enough to use him much, and when I do I usually just wish he was a damn clipsos because he usually ends up deployed where a clipsos should go.

melkiach likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation