1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning to play

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by Daireann, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

Yesterday I played my second game...
    I played Spiral Corps. We chose 200 tp battle, but most of the time I spent strugling to make a list.
    Cause I have not enough miniatures, I have not enough cheap options (I need brawlers, kaauri, and... And what else? Tell me, if I am right. I need to understand, what to buy in the future.)

Also I cracked my head by forming triads. And with strange alien names)

Anyway, it was grate! Spiral is not the best marksmen, but they have lots of interesting things. And I like my symbiobeasts. They make TO Naga run away in fear. (Naga was tasty, by the way.)

What is the question?
    I know, I chose hard army, but they are lovely.

I'd like to know, what should I buy next.
    I am thinking about
    - Kaauri Sentinels
    - Brawlers
    - Helot Militia

Also I'd like to know, how are you not getting confused with tohaa units names... (Or it is matter of time)
    And which triads and links are useful in Spiral Corps.

Ah! Almost frogot. Would be appretiated for lists

2. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

As far as cheap orders go, and to go with the Taagma, Chaksa Auxiliary are very important.

Daireann likes this.
  3. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

given we are going to have an edition change in two weeks, I'd hold off on purchasing anything for now just in case.

That said, helots and kaauri make most of my N3 lists, and as mentioned above chaksa are also important.

melkiach and Daireann like this.
  4. nethervoid

nethervoid Well-Unknown Member

Well, in first place you choose weird faction tbh :)
    Above already mentioned, new edition is incoming, so dont rush.
    And as far as I remember, N4 would have link changes, anything we'd advice now could become invalid soon.

But, just in case, here some words:

Guys already mentioned Kaauri, Chacksa Auxes and Taagmas are best cheap options you have. Personally, my advice is skip Brawlers until you sure how you'd use them.

SC link logic inherits his big brother's one (excluding special fireteams): hitter + 2 support, support + 2 fillers, hitter + support + filler.
    Hitters are boyz and girlz who can hit hard: Draal and Nema
    Supports are those who helps hitter with smokes or making objectives: Taagma, Kriigel AND/OR Kumotail, Kosuil, Aelis Keesan
    Fillers - cheapest bodies just to fill the link: Kaeltar, cheapest Taagma options
    But its not that strict as it looks, Triad encourages experiments, but this is some kind of anchor point for the start.
    Generally, all units possessing Fireteam: Triad rule in their basic profile could be used to make triad in any combo that suits your needs

Its pretty rough explanations and could become unuseful soon.

PS
    I dont know how not be confused with Tohaa names, honestly, I was pretty fine with them from the start (My first army was Tohaa before CB butchered them down). But I remember how my mates asked me to stop cast spells when I explained who and where stands on table XD

#4 nethervoid, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Daireann and Hiereth like this.
  5. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

To each of your questions:

Next purchases:
    I field 1-2 Kauuri in most lists, at least 1 Helot in every list, and the brawlers seem pretty lackluster in Spiral Corps. I would also highly recommend the Chaksa Auxiliar box, as the Taagma + 2 Chaksa link finds its way into almost every single list I play.

Names: You'll figure these out as you go, especially for armies you play. Tohaa pronunciation is fortunately really easy (same five vowels as Spanish).

Triads: I play a lot of Draal + Tricore Taagma + Something Else (usually the Kriigel with a smoke LGL), a lot of the Taagma + 2 Chaksa Auxiliar (only the profile with Special Triad in its name can form this one), and a lot of the Kriigel + 2 Reex Triad. The Draal is really your big piece in Spiral Corps -- he's your main shooter due to Stratuscloud and Tricore and he's your second button pusher (after only the Clipsos) due to being tanky and Forward Deployment.

Lists: Infinity is a game where experimentation is key! Try playing a lot of different things and see what works for you. Infinity is an objective-based game, so lists need to be tailored to objectives and potential opponents.

Daireann likes this.
  6. Spellbreaker90

Spellbreaker90 Well-Known Member

With how new MSV1 works in N4 I can see the Krigeel with Smoke light grenade launcher being dropped in favor of the the Kriegel with the granade launcher, but I could be wrong, a lot will depend on how many units get the MSV1.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation