1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Units: Most Hype?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by OrphanOfToast, Sep 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

And as far as I know, rookie errors get filed under "Its not your list/unit/faction, it's you", not under "link is trash" =)

Stiopa and Lampyridae like this.
  2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Exactly. And if the Hollow Men aren't Dodging there's very little chance of the Krakot surviving to do it again. If they Dodge (because there's someone else with LoF to shoot the Krakot) it goes down to 10% for a kill.

loricus and Lampyridae like this.
  3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Surely you people have had warbands try to jump links and fail more than a few times. I don't usually bother because it wastes a turn of orders.

4. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Oh cool you are calling me a newbie?
    It wont make that trash core team better and you cant wish away its glaring weaknesses

helsbecter likes this.
  5. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

lol at BS16 HI ML ARM4 Rem Pres full core link teams being bad at ARO

Solar, loricus and inane.imp like this.
  6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Slap Courage and Shock Immunity on anything that shoots a template and it's an awesome ARO. Extra unconcious wounds for bonus points.

Lampyridae likes this.
  7. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

I think my most hype unit may have recently become Carlotta Kowalski...

inane.imp and loricus like this.
  8. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

I wasn't even answering to you in that post, come on.

EDIT: Just in case I didn't make it obvious - no, I was not calling you a newbie. /EDIT

But I was playing the "trash core" extensively and I find that weakness (which is indeed quite obvious) actually pretty manageable. Of course, if your criteria for deeming links "trash" include "has to outperform Riots in every way possible" it won't pass, but otherwise - they are decent.
    I mean, Mutts are a legit danger to HMs that I have to plan around. But not because of chainrifles.

#108 Gunmage, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Of course they're a danger and so are the chainrifles but they aren't devastating links in the enemy DZ very often.

10. Redfaint

Redfaint Well-Known Member

i am most looking forward to tunkuska. As I said before, I hope the sector has been a little overhauled. I'm particularly excited about units like Hollowman and Mary. Maybe hacking is also a very good defensive option for tunkuska.

11. Pander22

Pander22 Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to using the sombras, my favorite types of units are camo with cool movemant options and gear and these guys look just perfect for that, I always have more fun playing one badass model than just throwing a link team at something I want dead,

It does make me wonder if Brigadas are going to get a buff or even a points reduction as they just seem less than viable now compared to evaders.

Will n4 still have the same trick that i used to pull as for example I move a albedo vostok link leader member and a jaguar link team member infront of a msv2 sniper, the sniper would have to dodge or shoot the jag because it cant see the vostok?

If so correg can now even more easily answer my meta,

12. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

That's impossible to say cause we don't know if the rules stayed the same...or maybe those who already have the book can confirm this.

#112 Modock, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  13. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

I really hope that trick is not viable in n4. It was a loophole in n3 that CB didn't manage to fix

14. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

An environment which HM core would be considered a 'Trash core' must be extremely extreme, I guess.

This was quite an issue also with MSV2 troops, synched with civillian, moving the civillian over a smoke to avoid ARO against MSV troop(maybe it was back in ITS10).

csjarrat likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation