1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assault Unicorn's Custom Missions

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by AssaultUnicorn, Aug 26, 2020.

1. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

Hello everyone.

I have been working on some ideas regarding custom Infinity missions. Primarily, I wanted to bring in some asymmetric game conditions so that one player's priorities throughout the mission are not identical to those of the other player. With that came the idea of adding a third side to the game table that would put additional demand to think on your feet and improvise.

So, here is a quick rundown of the two missions that I managed to create so far. You can check full mission rules in the files attached below.

1) Praxis Outrage. It was just a regular day on Bakunin until a living Biological Weapon escaped Praxis Labs. Should this weapon escape Nomads' blockade it would start rampaging through the Human Sphere, creating a political outrage that would blacken Nomads' reputation. You have found out about this Bio-Weapon and sent out a hunting party to capture it and all the data associated with its project.
    *This mission had been playtested once with @Foxbringer who helped to balance things out with his feedback and smooth out some rough edges. So I would consider this particular mission to be more or less complete.

2) Cave In. A group of thee high-value O12 prisoners escaped during their transportation and crash-landed on a rocky inhospitable planet. Two parties picked up their trail and are trying to locate them. One party is tasked to eliminate them while the other needs to secure and evacuate them. The escapees are located in a caved-in area that needs to be breached first, but the situation gets dire when both parties discover that there are underground tunnels swarming with wild Taigha Creatures.
    *This mission has not been playtested yet, so I specifically encourage people to give some feedback on this one.

More missions will be added to this list as I come up with new concepts.

If you are interested in such missions – please feel free to playtest them and let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

Lareon, Wizzy, Foxbringer and 6 others like this.
  2. AssaultUnicorn

UPDATE

I have playtested the Cave In mission three times and edited the mission according to those playtests.

Changes:
    – No speculative fire into the Objective Room;
    – Designated Targets now have Multiterrain;
    – The guy who gets Initiative must recover Designated Targets, the guy who gets Deployment must kill Designated Targets;
    – There is now a hostile Wardriver in the center of the Objective Room armed with Boarding Shotgun, Assault Hacking Device, and the LIGHTNING Upgrade Program. He cannot attack Designated Targets;
    – Starting from 16" from each Player's table edge is an Exclusion Zone.

Kaielden and Capo.Paint like this.
  3. AssaultUnicorn

Capo.Paint likes this.
  4. AssaultUnicorn

Had a game of Cave In with @Capo.Paint yesterday. He submitted the batrep to his Druze forum thread and I made a recording of our game. Enjoy!

Xeurian and Capo.Paint like this.
  5. AssaultUnicorn

Updated the Cave In rules so that the Wardriver no longer has Assault Hacking Device with the upgrade program but instead has Hacking Device PLUS.

Also updated the Praxis Outrage rules to exclude the old IMM states.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation