1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OctoBrrrrrr, it's getting cold! Speculation thread.

Discussion in 'News' started by colbrook, Jul 27, 2020.

1. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

So CB fixed the issue with climb plus but left super jump? It should be intentional but i don't see way. Is not like super jump was already nerf.

I imagine 3 kawaris jumping and to poor gulhams paralaized on the place looking the beautiful kawari flight

wuji likes this.
  2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

I don't expect IJW to enforce or enact change. I asked him if he would be the messenger.

I have to do it, because unfortunately I can't expect those whose job it is to do it properly and use N4 to remove such dumb little discrepancies, it seems.

I just conflated too much on this one, but you get the gist of it.

I don't think there's any reason other than "designer doesn't feel this is a problem". That's why I asked Ian to convey to them that we think it's a problem.

Same.

Just first few years. About until N5. If it ever comes out.

wuji and Stiopa like this.
  3. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

[​IMG]

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

There was nothing to ‘fix’ with Climbing Plus, the N3 version already allowed you to declare Move on vertical surfaces.

5. krossaks

I was talking about having fireteams with climb plus/super jump troops on it. It would be easy to just have super jump or climb plus allowing you to do the special movement declaring movement. We could avoid a bit this overcharged rule structure.

I always thought that this limitation on N3 was more about the wording on the rules that an choice by CB. If at the ends it is on N4 well, then it was a design feature, and in my opinion is pretty sad for some mixed fireteams in some non meta factions ( Rammah i'm looking at you). In my opinion to have free movement will help to compensate some factions with less visual modes, now that we are all limited to the same 15 orders.

emperorsaistone likes this.
  6. krossaks

Kawari flies, Gulham point of view:

[​IMG]

wuji likes this.
  7. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

people nowadays complain about anything...

I dont see the problem with super jump and climbing+.

Is designed like that. Accept it.

itsuncertainwho, Lesh', Hisey and 2 others like this.
  8. krossaks

Yeah like the new tactical window, the new panohaquislam or the kazakisation of Caledonia on Kosmofloot

9. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

So was I. N3 Climbing Plus allows you to declare Move on vertical surfaces, which allows mixed Fireteams to declare Move.

10. krossaks

I got you, and superjump will still be limited. ( Inow they will declare jump no move...)

Enought complain amb sorry

A Mão Esquerda and ijw like this.
  11. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

You have to choose between mix troops for your SuperJump fireteam and destroy their mobility or paid for a full Super Jump fireteam and use their full potential.

being capable of cheapen the fireteam and use their full mobility will be absurd IMO

Hisey, Xeurian, tox and 3 others like this.
  12. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Yeah I'm also against those rules Nuada mentioned.
    1. It slows the game down
    2. It complicates things
    3. It widens the powergap between sectorial and vanilla

Hisey likes this.
  13. Padre

Padre Well-Known Member

"Is it at least as high and wide as the one-size-smaller Silhouette?" is a more complicated question than "Is it behind anything?", so it's obviously less fluid and more time-consuming. What do you get in return? You swap one kind of an edge case ("Oh no, this TAG gets cover from a very specific piece of scenery in a very specific situation!") with another ("this smaller Silhouette shape makes no sense for cover purposes"). Again, the point is: you will never avoid edge cases, some people will always complain, it makes sense that CB went with a solution that is quicker and more clear. This is good design.

14. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Just give Tags no cover like impetous. Problem solved

Berjiz and Lawson like this.
  15. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

As far my understanding reach, it was something confusing in N3, it looks like you have to declare "climbing plus", not move, except for the example with the "Nomad Rem", so to some people a fireteam can't move if one of the members want to do use of climbing plus, others take the info as the example, so no problems. In Code One the redaction of climbing plus is an improvement with the old N3 redaction, so no more confusions in this concrete point. Nothing more, nothing less.

For some players as myself (you know I have a little confusion here until a couple days ago) it was surpresive that CB not took the option of convert "superjump" in a skill as "climbing plus" allowing the troupers with "superjump" declare "move" and do "superjump". Of course, this decision from CB will have his reasons, so not argument or complains here.

I think nobody it asking for mix the other types of movement as "climbing" or "jump" in the same fireteam action. It will be really complicate to take some kind of control about all the posibles interactions.

:)

krossaks likes this.
  16. Padre

Padre Well-Known Member

I would be ok with this, although I think the official rule is better. Anyway, it's just another edge case swap. Now a soda can doesn't give you partial cover, but sticking your head out over a wall leaves you with no cover at all. I'd say the first case is less frequent in games.

Lawson likes this.
  17. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I thought we were trying to encourage people to play TAGs this edition not nerf the fuck out of them.

Tourniquet and Dragonstriker like this.
  18. SpectralOwl

I think he's being sarcastic. An Uhlan that can't claim cover is almost identical in terms of power to a Gamma and would have to be discounted accordingly, and I don't think anyone wants to see Avatars and Cutters drop by 30 points.

19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

In before they drop 30 points anyway ;)

20. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Either buff TAGs then or instead give them only cover for walls that are at least the same height. (Hard to hide rule or smth)
    )

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation