1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 Changes

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

So, even cheaper Blackjacks and Ratniks? :3

2. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Exactly this. HI being hackable has always been a disadvantage that was poorly compensated in the points system. Nice to see that being recognized and countered.

Also on a side note, seeing the hacking part of the game expand is wonderful. That, the decently-balanced ARO system, and the camo game are the main appeals of the Infinity system, for me. Camo was too prominent in N3. N4 might just be the Armor Edition.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  3. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Honestly I hope hacking is not that buffed or that 5 points discount for the Su Jian is looking like a very small compensation if they are supposed to be lowering the price of ARM too, even with the slight buffs it got.

#403 Benkei, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  4. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

The Su-Jian was already very powerful and did not need it's points adjusting overly IMO. It's now cheaper and stronger.

Spitfire_TheCat likes this.
  5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

While I agree the Su Jian was and is probably our best HI and didn't really need any buff, if it's price was discounted so little either all HI will get a similar discount due to their "formula" not overpricing ARM so much and making Hackable a discount trait or they are manually adjusting profiles, which kinda opens a big can of worms.
    But if Hackable is now a discount and ARM went down in price then judging by the Su Jian changes the discount is a little meager. Well, 12 days to go.

6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I agree it didn't really need it but it didn't really change a whole hell of a lot. The new dodge rules work it's favor and it's not it's fault. It's also helps many others besides it and YJ. The +1 dmg is pretty cool but I've found playing others with it, it's not over the top. The +1 B to the HSG is fantastic though. But honestly this was a profile not many used and might now. As far as points go, I agree with @Benkei if all are getting a discount, it's evened out. Especially if hackers are going to be better in some way.

7. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

I started wondering about hacking devices change in YJ. We have 10 assault hackers with 3 of them also having killer devices. What do you think, will all of them become regular hackers? Or some will become killers? Or for some will they just remove hacker options at all? For example the only existing liu model is hacker, I just can't believe they would delete hacker profile so he will either get hd or KHD. With khd one of his weaknesses would be eliminated, not to mention KHD is cheaper and with incoming hackable discount we could be looking at low 30s KHD liu, now that sounds like a good deal. Regular hd on guilang also sounds good. Daofei getting KHD would work similar to liu. So much potential here. I just can't wait until n4 :)

8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Maybe, it's not quite that simple. The Liu Xing's issue is trying to punch into DZs that contain repeater networks, they tend to fuck him over. If N4 encourages more hackers on the table that makes it even harder for him to bust in because it increases the likelihood that he has to try and split his burst to fight multiple hackers at once.

If there's just 1 shitty Fusilier carrying a HD to buff a REM, no worries. If there's now 3 different people carrying HDs the problem becomes real. Additionally, if he's carrying a HD of any type he now puts himself at risk to opponents who only brought KHDs.

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

So far no Assault Hacking Devices on N4 profiles, but also not too many units that would have them, either. Killer Hackers are confirmed to exist in N4, we'll see how those devices operate. I think it's reasonable to expect AHDs to be converted to regular HDs at this point, especially considering what programs we know HDs to have and that the cost is the same as old AHDs, but I certainly don't have a clue what that means in practice yet.

10. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed. HD, HD+, KHD and EVO, plus one between White and Defensive is the major assumption.

11. Amusedbymuse

Hacking changes don't look good :(
    Only evo devices can buff. And evo does not provide automatic controlled jump, unless it stacks with the program as evo is the only device with controlled jump. This also mean that daoying lost alot of it's utility. Lack of hack transport aircraft program if bad for Liu, you don't force aro on hackers (other than evo) with just jumping, they can dodge or shoot after landing now. All in all new hacking seems lame and with liu and daoying getting nerfed I'm not happy :|
    Edit: this is the hacking I would expect in c1 not n4.

emperorsaistone likes this.
  12. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

The Liu Xing needed the nerf. I'm off to Nomads to play nice HI fireteams, have fun.

13. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

We did enough in N3. Well I'll gonna dust my Yaopu now. Finally.

14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

The thing that fills me with hope and dread at the same time is the Evaders getting to have any number of guys Wildcard. They are pretty much the same as Haidao (but better). I can only hope that Haidao will not be limited to only one in IA now. Though in White Company he's limited to 1 still.

#414 Space Ranger, Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  15. Amusedbymuse

Ohh, Lt lvl 2 was sorta YJ thing. Other factions that got it had it only on 1 troop in sectorial and they had to pay extra for it, we had 2 guys in 2/3 of sectorial and vanilla without extra cost. So now with 15 unit limit CB are looking to cheat their system and hand out Lt lvl 2 everywhere. Even Domaru is getting it, wtf? I wonder if every faction will have wildcard character with nco now...?

16. Triumph

ROFL it's worse than that dude, they can FUCKING ISOLATE YOU as an ARO on your landing. You better hope like hell you don't scatter into a repeater or drop on a Hidden Deployment hacker or you can kiss that Liu Xing goodbye.

Amusedbymuse likes this.
  17. Amusedbymuse

I remember that last week evaders didn't have core and people said it makes them more fair. Now in the fireteam list for corregidor they have core on top of free haris... So yeah... I do hope for base zuyong siting at around 20 or it isn't even funny

18. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Look on the bright side, HD Hundun and Tiger Soldiers being pretty equivalent points cost will keep opponents guessing on which one you are bringing (if not both).

19. Triumph

We don't know which profile on the Hundun has HD other than it's not the sniper. If it's the Marksman profile odds are it's a Tiger.

20. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I mean the leaks show it for all profiles, taken with a grain of salt.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation