1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another new character, another new NWI + Shock Immunity

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Hecaton, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The one character who *should* have NWI + Shock Immunity is Shakti. And they screwed that up somehow XD

2. SpectralOwl

The big-budget Recreations also have a pretty good case, especially William Wallace. It's both hilarious and annoying to me that Dart takes a hit better than Musashi, having played a bit of Aristeia! by now- she actually has the same durability (2 wounds to kill) in the insanely-lethal Infinity as she does in the showoff sports game!

3. Hecaton

There's a timeline difference there. Dart in Aristeia is human; at some point she died and the Dart we see in Infinity is in an lhost, complete with bioimmunity because her family business makes poisons, and apparently also antidotes.

Dragonstriker and the huanglong like this.
  4. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Add two more. I think it's being done out of spite now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dragonstriker and Hecaton like this.
  5. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

The Sombra to Daofei comparison is absolutely brutal for the Daofei.

6. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Evaders are light HI, NWI+SI is ok.

Sombras caused a ffs moment.

CabalTrainee, Sedral and Hiereth like this.
  7. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I'm really really really dissapointed right now and I have ZERO hope N4 is gonna solve any of the problems with the game. If anything it'll make them worse.

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Okay, this is getting silly. Can we just remove Shock from the game and save some ink on all profiles?

9. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

How would you kill Zencha then? They would be unstoppable, man!

the huanglong likes this.
  10. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Well, if Zencha won't get at least Shock Immunity I'll perfectly understand YJ players' complaining.

On the other hand you know whose fault this is? Ours. For years now people were complaining that expensive 1W models are not worth taking, because it's too big of a risk. And that 1W+NWI models are even more expensive, and still fragile, 'cause Shock. So there, CB fixed the problem people wanted to get fixed. Happy now?

#110 Stiopa, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  11. Hecaton

They could have fixed Shock.

Dragonstriker and the huanglong like this.
  12. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

It's very likely anyways, but do we actually know 100% that shock is the same in N4?

13. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

considering how many things they are putting it on that have 2 or more wounds, or any structure. I'm thinking it will be reworded to put any unit to dead if it causes their last wound. I think it's a good idea since you could have remotes/tags, or two wound units that aren't shock immune. Will it be utilized like that [or even at all] I'm doubtful

14. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Could it be that maybe in N4 all NWI units will get shock immunity? Given that they are no longer nesting rules, it would explain why they place both rules together (same with NWI and Courage).

15. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Shona doesn't have it

16. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

We don't know anything about N4 Shock other than that it still exists.

Chances are it's still the same. I personally hope it works like Fire Ammo vs non immune troops with W to make it less of a hard counter and more of a useful detriment. Biggest problem is that NWI/Dogged is basically worthless in the wrong matchup, which means troops like Muyibs end up vastly overpriced basic LI.

Viral is another problem down the same road. Although it makes sense to assume it will be reworked to match Breaker Rilfes (forces BTS rolls + AP) and Shock Immunity will prevent the autokill part, while Bioimmunity also prevents the "DA vs BTS" part as it does now.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  17. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Dammit!

Gentlemen, it was an honor. Starts playing the violin as the Odalisques with Shock Immunity Ship slowly sinks.

Bonus Round:
    Third Stage of Grief: Bargaining!

Maybe Shona's profile has the text missing. It has happened before...

18. SpectralOwl

You know, you'd think CB might have noticed that the fan reaction to this has been entirely negative. Just pay the extra damn point for 2W and make NWI special again, then stop spamming Shock on everything and take away Dogged from most of the problem Warbands. Same result, less whining from the customer base.

Hecaton and Dragonstriker like this.
  19. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

No it hasn't.
    Stop inventing facts.

I personally dislike 4 of the 5 new Nomads troops (Cheerkillers, Evaders, Wildcats, Sombras - new REM looks like a good design) for one reason or another. But a lot of people like them and reception has been critical on average at best, which is notably different from negative.
    Most of the hate came from out of faction whining about their N3 Profiles being worse than those Nomad N4 Profiles (right after getting a buffed Su-Jian).

20. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

I highly doubt NWI is 8 points. It will not justify certain faction NWI troops (they pay almost nothing for it). And the 2nd W is not a plain number, but a multiplier (that's why TAGs get so high in points so fast)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation