1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New nomad unit in N4 ?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by PurpleSquid, Aug 7, 2020.

1. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

I've gotta say, seeing that Vostok profile makes me excited for the Rudras. You're getting more capability for my N3 price, so my beefy bots will probably go down a few points. Also, Hopefully they sculpt you closer to S4, to get the Rudras close to the silouette marker I have to take off the mine dispenser.

2. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Engineer spam has always been one of CJC's (and nomads as a whole) thing. But the rems will make it worth it.

We're back to being the MI and REM faction.

nazroth and dexterv like this.
  3. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Looking at the Sombras, I can’t help but notice they have the Kriza Borac back drums. The only thing in common with the two is their terrain rules... does this mean the KB had some jumpack thingy the whole time?!

4. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Having those big ass back drums on a non super heavy makes no sense right

5. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Vostoks, crazy awesome Killer remotes.
    Sombras, is quite heavy with costs but seems like it pays.
    Evaders, how could this be real? Why are they so cheap??? :dizzy_face:
    Cheerkillers box, I love it, but the Grenzer looks a bit mediocre.

Overall, It almost always feels good to be a Nomads player.

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  6. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Thay's extremely funny, taking into account, the mighty champion faction ForCo goes in first wave :smiley:

Urobros likes this.
  7. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Since everyone knows what opinions are like ... I'll share mine too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Evaders Profiles look interesting, still don't like the artwork. And they make the new Grenzcats look even worse. I was right, 1W+NWI HI. Seems to be a necessity these days.
    • Sombras ... great artwork, really looking forward to the miniatures (how about giving Javier the job ... hint hint), but to me they seem to be a bit on the expensive side. Even Bostria noticed. Yes, I know, YuJing is salty and claiming they are the new Daofei, but I have doubt. After having played a last game of N3 and rolling the new Crit-Rule just for fun (not using it, just rolling it, when a crit occured) I can say that for "normal"-ARM units it's not less lethal and could possible be the bane of the new 1W+NWI troops. Suddenly you can't tank a crit and move on with 100% certainty. Maybe you still die from one Crit. Same for HI, but sometimes they have more ARM. This is also true for the new Evaders.
    • Cheerkiller Box ... meh. Only the Cheerkiller with 2 pistols is looking somewhat good. The Grenzer is pretty fugly as well. And why is she giving a thumbs-up? Strange pose. Dunno if I will buy this box or use my Suicide-Squad-Morlocks for them.
    • Vostok ... again, looking expensive to me. But this all depends on how Albedo works. If its like N3 Albedo ... worthless. If for instance I can _choose_ during which turn I want to use Albedo, so changing it into a Disposable (1) item, then this is interesting. ODD Vostok looks expensive compared to the Bulleteer. Funny rule: "Immunity AP" ... sounds good, but is pretty pointless on an ARM 3 model. Max it does is saving 1 point of armor. Bloat.
    • new Guard Rule: I want a Nomads unit using our beloved P0NY as "Attack Pet". And it should get Burst +1 when using Guard against Aleph troopers to reflect the proper training it got ...

And one last point: I want Wildcats back.

8. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Statements that aged badly :P

Hachiman Taro and loricus like this.
  9. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

TBF I've been saying "with all the talk of HI getting cheaper and the increased prevalence of Shock there's a real risk of MI getting squeezed out because they don't look like they'll be getting all the benefits HI are getting".

To the extent of saying "hey, I'm ok with keeping 4-2 Move on 'fire-support' MI profiles to keep their price down".

Nothing I'm seeing with the game changes other than TW strongly benefits MI as compared to LI or HI. Still hoping that Shock changes to only affect Dogged and NWI.

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  10. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Sombras might look expensive, but they are basically HI that can camo and forward deploy without actually being hackable. I presume camo and mimetism in general might be more expensive in N4 ( as it should ), so I think price on this one is fine.
    Evaders on the other hand I don't understand how can they be so cheap, except maybe that all HI in N4 got massive point discounts.
    Wildcats are the victims of CB not knowing how to price MSV, and they like to bloat most MI with useless rules. I've been posting about this for years, but MSV1 should cost 0-1 point, MSV2 should cost half the cost of mimetism -6 and MSV3 should cost half the cost of camo + mimetism -6. Then it might be worth the points on more troops, especially those that have it on all profiles and not only on those that cheat with special profiles made only to combo perfectly with MSV2 ( Kamau for example ).

emperorsaistone likes this.
  11. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I had actually already seen the leak at that point. I still think the Spitfire looks really good but it also depends if evaders get access to the same or better fireteam options. Either way I'm using it for jungle tables.

12. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

For a pure Core/Haris? Evaders every time. Wildcats may as well not exist. Unless they get the Kamau treatment and one Wildcat will be a staple of Alguaciles link. Just as an aside, I hate wildcard that is not on AVA 1 troops or better yet named characters only. It just doesn’t feel right considering what fireteams originally were.

13. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Do EVAders have a core? If they both have core and aren't wildcard, can Wildcat cores take stuff in their link EVAders can't? Can't pick without this info.

14. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Well, we have seen the Su Jian and the discount it got was hardly massive even taking into account the perks it got, so I'll just stick it on CB's cheating costs again like the did with Hollowmen just with N4 pricing. I wonder if Zuyong/Haidao are gonna cost less than 20 points

15. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

If you've never seen a video of handheld missile launchers being successfully employed in combat, I'd encourage you to do so. Jubilation on impact is very common. To me it looks like she is relishing a good shot and either taunting or letting the squad know the outcome

16. Nimlothautle

Nimlothautle Well-Known Member

HAVE SOME GODDAMN RESPECT! ... We are grieving right now. Where are my Zencha's, I don't want them to hear about this from you.

bladerunner_35, wuji, Smiler and 3 others like this.
  17. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

After I saw the video yesterday I only could say: "Congrats, Nomads". I think you have here some really cool profiles and cool miniatures. I think as the majority does, why the HI are cheaper than the MI. Maybe the question will be resolved in a few days? :)

Judge Dredd, Lampyridae and dexterv like this.
  18. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

I think most of us are also wondering why HI is cheaper than MI at this point, and what purpose MI is supposed to serve in CBs eyes. I'm also worried for my beloved Mobile Brigada, they didn't leave them a whole lot of space to play in between EVADER costs and utility and where TAGs like the Gecko will have to end up, or where the new Vostoks are.

Judge Dredd, LaughinGod and Urobros like this.
  19. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I think MB will get 6-2 like ORC and Shangji

AmPm likes this.
  20. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Perfectly optimized HI without a need for recost gets 4-5 point cheape (Su Jian).
    YJ circlejerk shows up on the Nomand forums to bitch about Nomad things, whine about what they didn't get yet and how all boons N4 is ever gonna give them are their god given birthright to begin with.

So in other words, what else is new?

#400 Teslarod, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation