1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New HB Ghulam Core Link Team options

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Firellon, Sep 5, 2020.

?

What's your favourite choice of core link team for HB N4?

1. Ghulams

38.5%
  2. Govads

26.9%
  3. Lasiqs

23.1%
  4. Muyibs (I know they are wildcards now, I still want to have only Muyibs in there)

11.5%
  1. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Which, in turn, means a subtle nerf to Lasiq firepower - once the ultimate in antipersonnel applications (to remind - 2 to-Wound rolls vs BTS, if a 1W model takes wound, it dies, Total Immunity is overriden). I wonder how CB are going to offset that, they seemed to have noticed it even in late N3 (introduction of Fatality L1 profiles).

Myself, I'd love to see Lasiqs with Hidden Deployment (now possible once it is not an ability hidden in TO Camo) - you don't know where (and if) there is a sniper, until he opens fire. But having Lasiqs as a (Core) Fireteam seems to exclude such a possibility.

2. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Lasiqs getting marksmanship on each profile would be nice...

3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

I didn't understand what you meant until I realized you intended to say "shock immunity is overridden." That's a good point, with all the NWI+shock immunity units out there.

But we haven't seen the new rules yet, hopefully they'll maintain it in its current form, for example by making shock immunity only work on ARM rolls.

4. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

Lasiqs, being medium infantry, most likely have significant changes/buffs coming. I'm not too worried about the nerf to viral, though. Most likely shock immunity will apply, yes. But that would effectively make the viral rifle a DA rifle. That's still an extremely potent weapon. It's the sniper that would really suffer, becoming only marginally better than a MULTI sniper for, in N4, a significantly higher cost.

As for what CB will actually do, there are a lot of possibilities. Fatality, or more accurately BS attack +1 damage, could just be rolled into their profile. I think giving them all marksmanship would be too much, but CB showed us with Wildcats how much they're willing to mess with MI. They also could lean more into their mimetism/sneaky side and have them keep forward deployment. With Yara, this would be extremely powerful. They also might decide that they enough already to make them unique, and just make them cheaper.

Errhile likes this.
  5. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

I think the bit about overriding total immunity was a reference to an older version of total immunity, which didnt apply to viral immunity. They then made total immunity actually total, and gave several units viral vulnerability.

Errhile likes this.
  6. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Either way, the significance of a change from viral to da+shock would be in the gun's effect on units with shock immunity.

7. Errhile

Well, either way, we're in for a ride. And in about 2 weeks we'll have it all revealed to us.

Yes, Viral trumping Total Immunity was primarily a 2ed thing. Early N3 too, if memory serves me. Even in late N3 it turned out to be fit-to-size against some Aleph Operations' nasties. Making it into DA+Shock in N4 makes me kinda long for ye olde days.

But, alas, let's see what CB has in stock for us!

8. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

We also don't know for sure that shock immunity will work against viral. I agree that it's likely, but we don't have a definitive answer on it. Yara even has bioimmunity, which we also haven't seen details on yet.

Errhile likes this.
  9. kghamilton

kghamilton The_Omnishambles
    Warcor

Something we are also forgetting
    Viral will still likely be a thing
    Ok so it won’t have its own ammo type but they will still be called “viral rife” and “viral sniper rifle”

similar to how we have breaker rifles.

that way they can still write something like Vulnerability (viral) into total immunity

just a thought

10. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

For what it's worth, Carlos said it does work in one video or another. YMMV.

11. Monster

Monster Well-Known Member

anecdotal evidence Is best evidence after all.

Zewrath likes this.
  12. Errhile

Well, I do use Govad links. Why would you call it anecdotal evidence, is beyond me: I'm not cliaming "someone I know does it". I do it. Myself. I don't see a reasony why I wouldn't do it in N4.

...unless you do know better what I do and what I don't do?

13. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

'Cause that's the definition. ;) But don't worry, someone will be along shortly to explain how that you will never have enough data samples. :D

Errhile likes this.
  14. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

I do it too, but don't bother, ppl that doesn't like Govads don't have enough data to say they're bad as well.

And another thing, one's trash is another man's treasure. Govads are influenced by metas, i face a lot of camo/mimetism, MSV1 do wonders for me.

Urobros and Errhile like this.
  15. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

Govads are fine. They dont have the toolbox of the Muyibs, but a BS 12 MSV1 HMG is a good platform to shoot people across the table with. Being veteran doesn't really help much since HB doesn't run aggressive lieutenants and isolation isnt a big concern for a long-range team, but they're still the best long-range team HB gets.

And dont get me started on how they compare to Zhayedan...

Urobros and Errhile like this.
  16. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Well, in a sense they do now. And now that you aren't punished in any meaningful way in terms of composition for taking useful Govads into your links, they may end up being okay.

17. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

I like to use them like this:

Hassassin Bahram
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]5
    AVICENNA Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    ASAWIRA Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 43)
    GOVAD Sniper Rifle / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    GOVAD Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 23)
    GOVAD (Number 2) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)

3 SWC | 140 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Sniper for long range targets, if he dies i can go ahead with the rest, cleaning the midfield camos and shooting things dead with the Asawira. The Rifle one is awesome vs Hecklers and Zulu-Cobras

maybe in N4 i could swap Avicenna and the Rifle Govad for a Doc and LGL Muyibs

KwarkyMats and Urobros like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation