1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why not try to be more positive?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Redfaint, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I try really hard to be positive but it's not easy. I always give them the benefit of the doubt.

No I don't want pre-uprising. I just want them to make up for it.

2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

"Daofei is going to be part of the Invincible Army"
    "Invincible Army is coming, get excited"
    "Here is your Invincible Army bro"
    "We replaced the Daofei with the world's least durable """heavy infantry""" in the game"
    "Why are y'all so mad all the time?

"Lets give Nomads a Daofei"

3. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Consider someone who played vanilla YJ as main force. Maybe ISS but not JSA. That player would own several JSA miniatures to use in vanilla. Not even close to play JSA on its own. And then uprising drops. You possiblity can no longer build vanilla list, you also don't have even close to enough to build JSA on its own. So what are you supposed to do? Throw away several models that are unplayable or give in and buy entire pack of JSA and do exacly what CB wanted with entire uprising: to sell 300 points box. I haven't played back then but it still seems shit and I do understand people that are still mad at CB for this.

4. Space Ranger

That was pretty much me. I had more YJ than JSA so I had a bunch of models and had to sell or trade off. I couldn't even do Ikari! I really liked my Aragoto! They could have at least replaced it with a new biker but they don't seem to think YJ merits it but Military Orders does?

Dragonstriker and the huanglong like this.
  5. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

Ah well, there's my point proven huh?

Hisey, Jenian Katarn and chromedog like this.
  6. Amusedbymuse

Least durable and 12 BS. Sadly he can't auto kill himself with his own mine but maybe in n4 there will be special skill for zhencha: you are affected by your own mines and can die from it.

Dragonstriker and the huanglong like this.
  7. Amusedbymuse

Your point was that people want pre uprising YJ, and that the entire salt. I guess there are people who would like that for sure, but it's minority. The problem is the way it was done, and real reasons behind it. But at least we have new toys, and some of them are real good so creating design space was worth it right?

Dragonstriker likes this.
  8. Space Ranger

In bikes? Yes I do want bikes back. In the rest? To some extent. Did you go through it? did you have your army split? did you need to sell off figures just so you can play? Did you spend hours painting something to only have it un-usable?

Edit: I came into infinity because I was sick of that shit from GW. They made both of my armies un-useable. Whole armies! Then I come to Infinity and they take one of my characters away, they also Squat'd my Exrah, and then took away a third of my YJ. WTF? Why do I keep picking armies that get crapped on?

#28 Space Ranger, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    the huanglong likes this.
  9. Miraclebutt

Bitterposting on forums for four years isn't going to bring back Shinobu.

10. Space Ranger

You didn't answer the question. I don't want Shinobu and I never had her. Have you had this happen to you and would you be okay with it if happened now?

the huanglong likes this.
  11. the huanglong

Five years, on the other hand, is uncharted territory. Keep up the good work @Space Ranger!

12. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. Space Ranger

Ha! I was on the original forum so 10 years? Though only bitter recently. I was the original fanboy. CB could do no wrong to me for many years.

14. Miraclebutt

Don't need to. Game's fun, community's good. If the only stimulation you get out of the game is bitterness, you should move on to something else.

Life's too short to hold a grudge.

Willen, Jenian Katarn, Stiopa and 4 others like this.
  15. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. the huanglong

17. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

There is a reason why forum thread posters' numbers are dwindling down, people posts and leaves thanks to its toxic environment and big-mouths' tendency to win over any arguements rather than accept constructive opinions.

Whatever the reason is, that makes this forum even more toxic day by day. It is suprising how the threads are made by only the limited number of people, and I can tell they are not the best positive opinion makers.

Its a well deserved ending for me.

18. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I'm pretty sure it's because very few people are playing the game right now. Before February or so, the forums were pretty consistently active, and I don't feel like attitudes at large about the game have changed that much in the time I've been active here (the entirety of the time these forums have existed, and about 6 months on the old forums).

People like to complain that the forums are "toxic" or "negative" but honestly, this seems to be the only place where you can have opinions like "I don't like this" or "this is not good design" without getting dog-piled on by rabid fanboys or having your comment deleted.

Stiopa, wuji, Nuada Airgetlam and 7 others like this.
  19. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

It's a difficult situation. Yu Jing has the most muddied history of all the factions, being the only one to lose what it has over time. That's always going to carry some stigma with it. CB's handling of the Uprising was far less than stellar, ranging from incompetent to down right duplicitous, which definitely did not help issues. Surmounting that in spite of a somewhat bumpy road, Yu Jing manages to function as a potent vanilla faction in the twilight of N3.

However, the areas where CB has struggled with managing and designing around Yu Jing as a whole lately manage to highlight some of the biggest pitfalls they face with their current design philosophy. It doesn't help matters that our recent sectorial designs in Invincible Army and White Banner feels largely lazy and incomplete, if not completely contradictory to previously established background material on multiple accounts. Invincible Army and White Banner both seem like testing grounds for concepts CB was on the fence about, only bothering to actually go back and polish things with other factions after they were done, as if no one is actually interested on working on Yu Jing sub factions and wants to get them out of the way as soon as possible. It's a real shame, because ISS is one of the best designed armies in the entire game, even in spite of its age, so we know they can do amazing things here.

What's more, the stuff that does get taken from these testing grounds at the moment feels like the absolute worst and most degenerate that Infinity's design space has to offer. The enormous influx of NWI+SI troopers is extremely frustrating to look at, and the constant methodology of gaming their own point system to optimize profiles is a huge disappointment when you look at what design philosophy Yu Jing has left; something I think is really left for the playerbase to fill in at this point, as a lot of the greater hallmarks are stripped away and Yu Jing's toolbox-friendly nature is being heavily eschewed by the current optimization race to the bottom.

It's not unreasonable to notice a little bit of overlap between other faction troopers and Yu Jing ones. Supposedly, Yu Jing troopers' broader kits are specifically designed in such a fashion that kind of invites such overlap. But the current constant stream of 'leaner, better, cheaper' happens to hit the nail a little too hard on the head lately, in fashions that I and others may agree is not exactly a healthy direction for how we'd like to see the game develop.

It's definitely not all bad. Yu Jing is still a versatile and engaging faction with a lot of its own potent tools to bring to the table, and some of the best sculpts CB has put out. It's just increasingly frustrating having to deal with the weird exceptions and odd decisions made with Yu Jing troopers and armies when you also throw on the context of their history.

..Also, Jesus Christ, Sombras are absolutely insane and NWI+SI is cancer.

20. Miraclebutt

You know you're a spoiled child?

Christ, I should have checked out after you called White Banner, an army specifically ported to N3 from N4 incomplete, but every paragraph had the same whiny, entitled, petulant tone that implies CB has it out specifically for Yu Jing.

Go look up NWI troopers in each army. The only faction that beats Yu Jing in NWI troopers is ALEPH. Most of theirs don't even have shock immunity. And yet many of our better, most used units have shock immunity in some form, whether actual SI, Bioimmune, or two wounds.

We have more viable heavy infantry than any other faction in the game.
    - We have MSV2 HMG HI
    - We have TO Camo HI
    - We have extremely fast HI
    - We have two different types of Camo HI
    - We have HI drop troops
    - We have the cheapest, most order-efficient HI
    - We have reactive HI
    - We have active HI
    - We've even got an unhackable fast fake HI with Albedo.
    - More than anything else, we have the troop composition to make every single one of these HI viable in a competitive 20 order list.

And yet Nomads, an army with maybe four viable HI, in a sectorial with barely a single viable HI, gets something slightly approaching something Yu Jing's already got, well holy shit, reset the clock, CB's slapped us all in the face again. Worse, you're disingenuously comparing a new edition's trooper to our current edition, knowing that CB is reducing HI costs across the board. They are stripping a Kuang Shi worth of points out of every HI we have, for free.

I hate this. I hate this forum.I hate how embarrassed I get when I read this forum. I hate how you and people like you have ruined our reputation across the entire community. Stop being the butt of every single salt joke. Stop making every new release about you. Just grow up.

Freebootas, SilkyDJ, Thanqol and 20 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation