1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Crooked Grin Of Corregidor: Tactica

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by GHoooSTS, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

They had their niche. It was the one of the cheap BS13-Trooper. They only needed 4-4 movement and either a small buff or a small points reduction.

Now they are going the Grenzer Route. They will get the "count as"-treatment and be integrated in Alguacils-Links. The Spitfire and HRL will be used and buffed by three 10-points-Alguacils-Dudes. Booooring!

There are so many things that could have been added to Wildcats, why did they have to become a Grenzer-clone? How about Mimetism? Or an X-Visor? Anything that Nomads did not already have. Yes, now every sectorial can build their MSV1-Link. Great ...

Willen likes this.
  2. herod1204

herod1204 Knight of Santiago

Ta da![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

3. herod1204

herod1204 Knight of Santiago

Or not. God damn, I don't know why the files are blurring

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

loricus likes this.
  4. Pirayak

Pirayak Member

Wehre is the alguacil combo written down? I.havent realiced it yet. I like the new Profile, i Hope for a Wildcatspitfire, Lupe and Jazzmin or Wildcats Killer-/Hacker Haris, and a defensiv alguacil core in the backline, Powered up with a missle Launsher and A feuerbach Remote :)

I dont see a Second Grenzer Profile... Cant understand so Many People are hating them still before seeing the whole armylist...

5. Spitfire_TheCat

The Link options aren't published yet. It was just an assumption from my side while being frustrated that Wildcats became Grenzer variants.

Actually in N3 I used Wildcats way more often than Grenzers. Yes, even full Cores. With success. They worked in Corregidor. Slow Movement wasn't nice, but not that much of a hindrance.

But obviously, instead of making Wildcats work with changing them to 4-4 and maybe scrapping of a point or 2 and having to take 5 Wildcats to form a core, to me it seems they go the route of the Grenzer. A full Grenzer-Core is something not played often, I bet. Instead they are mixed into Securitate Links to get some better shooting. With the new Grenzcats costing as much as Grenzers do, I think they are going the same route. Either they get mixed into Alguaciles Links or in the new Evaders Links. Can't imagine Bridaga-Grenzcats-Links, because that would be pretty expensive.

But none-mixed-links are not en vogue anymore. Why not go fully reta.... äh ... wildcard and make everything link with everything? Maybe later during N4 ...

I don't like this min-maxing-fireteam-mixing.

emperorsaistone likes this.
  6. Ghost87

Ghost87 Well-Known Member

I would have stuck to their name and made them hyper-mobile with minimal changes to the old profiles: 4/4 is given by the global changes but let them keep the FD1 band-aid from ITS10 and maybe C+. Done. Sometimes less is more. Giving them Mimetism -3 would also be nice but may be a touch to much and would drive the costs up again.

And please not more wildcard mish-mash. They can already take Lupe, Dak and Jazz. Each providing unique tools. That is more than enough.

Spitfire_TheCat likes this.
  7. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

The one thing that is true, is that they can bring one of each hacker, doctor and engineer up the table with a SWC gun attached and a flamethrower bodyguard. That is pretty flexible for something like Countermeasures. Plus they are Veterans. In the current meta such a Haris for Countermeasures would have been interesting, especially with the KHD option, which now is the best KHD we have (seen).

8. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

If we don´t see an EVAder profile today... what are your expectations? Do you see any "gap" in our lineup that needs covering?

I will be honest, we are well served. They look AD, but with Tomcats and Hellcats (and hopefully the Hellcats will get 4-4 move), I don´t see the need of another AD trooper.

9. Spitfire_TheCat

Before the Grenzcats-Leak? I assumed they would be 1W+NWI MI/HI to close the "gap" between Wildcats and Brigada.
    Right now? The same or ... a lower tech MI below Grenzcats, essentially new Wildcats. But they look more heavily armored than Wildcats, so I still think they are 1W+NWI.

AD would be interesting, right, but like you already said, with Tomcats and Hellcats Corregidor is already _the_ AD-Sectorial (except for StarCo, that does this better because of Raoul).

Although ... I wouldn't mind a 1w+NWI super-AD like the ones Haqq can bring en masse (Nahab).

10. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Wildcats' usefulness will be very much driven by the mission/objectives. Outside button-pushing missions I'll probably stick with the Massacre Gang. If there are buttons to push/objectives to achieve, Wildcats are the ticket.

NCO will be super handy. Seems like I'm always an order or two short of being able to entrench in a decent position after hitting objectives; having that extra order could really help Wildcats' survivability.

I don't see this team as an either-or with the Alguacile/Brigada core. It only really competes with the Massacre Haris.

If they're Wildcards (like Muyibs will be), the engineer is pretty attractive to put into an Alguacile link alongside a Tsyklon. Getting Number 2 alongside repair ability is pretty nice when your offensive pieces go Unconscious with a single hit.

Alguaciles_Ortega likes this.
  11. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

That is... actually amazing. Now I am going to be dissappointed if I can´t do that!

Savnock likes this.
  12. Ghost87

Ghost87 Well-Known Member

To be honest: The ability to bring Number 2 in any fireteam just by adding a Wildcat alters the possibility of Wildcats becoming wildcards from improbable to straight impossible.

13. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Not quite, you are paying more than double you would pay for an Alguacile in the same spot, so why not? You are paying for it.

Savnock likes this.
  14. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

Also just saw this given to Muyibs, assuming they don't lose #2.

15. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I think their profiles are too good to get wildcard.

16. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

If Wildcats get Wildcard they have a few more profiles that go from bad to good. The engineer for sure.

dexterv likes this.
  17. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Wildcard would make the name "wildcats" suddenly cheesy thou.

dexterv and Savnock like this.
  18. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

As much as I appreciate herod's efforts, could someone please post a legible version of the Grenzcats profiles.

Also, +1 to "seriously, Wildcats were fine all they need was their bloody links and SWC to be improved" opinion.

loricus and Hachiman Taro like this.
  19. 1337Bolshevik

1337Bolshevik Let them eat repeaters

There you go.

Attached Files:

loricus likes this.
  20. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I don't like posting leaks myself, even if it's open now. And yeah, but it's too late now. They got dragged closer in cost to the EVAders now as well, making it even harder to find a spot for them. The exact same profiles without the MSV1 added would have left them more unique of a unit and in a better place for the sectorial. But again it's hard to say much until we have a bigger picture of the faction.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation