1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum remembers you now??!!

Discussion in 'News' started by Alfy, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

Something extraordinary happened today. I clicked on the link to this forum, and lo and behold, my - extremely good-looking and entirely anatomically accurate - avatar was displayed on the top right. No need to log in, the forum remembered me! (Gloria!).

Seriously, I’d been waiting for this moment ever since joining up. For this to happen in 2020 gives me hope better times are a-coming.

csjarrat, Tibooper and Gambit like this.
  2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Nah, don't think anything changed. It all depends on cookie timeout. I get that a few times and most of the times I need to relog everytime I get back to the Forum.

If they did fix the issue after all those years and just didn't announce it's fixed because they're trying to see if it worked, cool. But I have little faith in this actually happening.

3. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

And.... I just had to log in. Sorry for the false hopes, everyone.

csjarrat, Teleute and Dragonstriker like this.
  4. Guardian

Guardian Well-Known Member
    Warcor

It's truly BEYOND FASCINATION that this thing hasn't been fixed yet.

I have no (additional) words.

Sad.

Alfy and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  5. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

As an anecdote, they recently made some changes to their store site as well. Not very visible to most, but it does not accept anything but letters in the name and first name fields when you put in your address. My first name has a hyphen and my last name has an apostrophe, I had to remove them. It's not a major deal, the stuff still gets to my home alright, but I just thought: "considering how basic things don't work on your forum, you take the time to make THIS stupid modification to your store site???".

Xeurian and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  6. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Maybe that was a freeby from a framework. IOW, not coded by them.

OTOH, it is pretty common to decide what is a name and fail. Meh for the truly easy cases, hyphen is rare but happens in Spanish, as well as ñ and accents, so beyond ASCII. Or maybe their shipping company sucks, and they want to avoid discussions ("pushed under the carpet" tactic).

Alfy and Xeurian like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation