1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts for 250 points tournament, advices needed (o-12 version)

Discussion in 'O-12' started by BlackenedHeart, Sep 4, 2020.

1. BlackenedHeart

BlackenedHeart New Member

As we're having last newbie tournament in N3 and I'm thinking between two my armies, so I decided to make lists for o-12 too. the main problem is that available models range are alpha+wildfire and beyond+sirius with ability to proxy bots (while they're just got to our country and support pack, for example, is already in local stores for month or two).
    So, 250 points, 5 swc, missions are: frontline, annihilation, biotechvore.
    Probable opponents:
    1) oss/usariadna
    2) usariadna
    3) MO
    4) MO
    5) usariadna
    Maybe there will be another usariadna player with whom I really know how to play already+onyx+vanilla haqq/hassasins

And here are some lists:
    these are preferably for annihilation/frontline
    O-12──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]2
    ALPHA Lieutenant (Strategos L2) 2 Light Shotguns, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 26)
    VARANGIAN Submachine Gun, 2 Chain-colt, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    VARANGIAN Submachine Gun, 2 Chain-colt, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    GANGBUSTER Combi Rifle + Light Riotstopper, MadTrap / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    SIRIUS Boarding Shotgun + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] SIRIUSBOT Heavy Riotstopper / Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    BETATROOPER Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Submachine Gun, 2 Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    OMEGA HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 48)
    EPSILON MULTI Sniper, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    CUERVO GOLDSTEIN Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 39)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    3.5 SWC | 250 Points
    Open in Infinity Army
    [​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    ALPHA Lieutenant (Strategos L2) 2 Light Shotguns, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 26)
    GANGBUSTER Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Submachine Gun, MadTrap / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    SIRIUS Boarding Shotgun + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23) [​IMG]
    SIRIUSBOT Heavy Riotstopper / Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    CUERVO GOLDSTEIN Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 39)
    PEELER HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    KYTTÄ Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    4.5 SWC | 247 Points
    Open in Infinity Army
    [​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    ALPHA Lieutenant (Strategos L2) 2 Light Shotguns, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 26) VARANGIAN Submachine Gun, 2 Chain-colt, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    SIRIUS Boarding Shotgun + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    PEELER HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    KAPPA Hacker (Hacking Device) Submachine Gun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 15)
    DELTA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Riotstopper, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    5 SWC | 242 Points
    Open in Infinity Army
    in all three rosters there is an option to change epsilon msr to epsilon hmg; in third variant i also see an option of changing sirius from bsg to red fury just to spend points.

and these are ideas for biotechvore (not so many though)
    [​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    CHO Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    EPSILON HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    BETATROOPER Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Submachine Gun, 2 Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    SIRIUS Red Fury + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 29)
    KYTTÄ Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    4.5 SWC | 250 Points
    Open in Infinity Army
    there is a risk of failing an infiltration roll for sirius and gangbuster there, but I really don't know yet what can play best in o-12 for biotech. I have an idea of changing sirius for delta khd or fo.

are any of these rosters are viable with restrictions i have?

2. McKaptain

McKaptain Well-Known Member

I would only in extreme circumstances risk the infiltration roll to go past the mid line of the table. Otherwise, you can infiltrate up to the midfield line without having to roll.

3. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

You have the Beta. They are the best troops for Biotechvore. MOV6, mimetism, Multi Rifle. Make them go along an Omega FO or HMG (placed un SF) and have fun

SpectralOwl likes this.
  4. SpectralOwl

If I recall, Biotechvore has a Confused Deployment rule requiring a PH-3 roll for any deployment outside your DZ, replacing the usual one if a roll is involved. Even FD1 or Impersonation still have to make the roll.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Yes, but that MOD stack with the -3 from going over the mid line, so that's a PH-6 and it puts your camouflage at risk.

6. McKaptain

McKaptain Well-Known Member

I actually completely forgot about the -3 for your own half of the table. I’d not risk it at all. I’d also take a LI list with as many duos and high MOV as possible. Use of command tokens is key and the effectiveness goes up for every troop you don’t have to move (why I’d take a LI list).

7. Sunabe

Sunabe Active Member

Biotechvore doesn't remove camo states on a failed test also you can deploy anywhere in your deployment zone

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It does if you used a skill in a way that would normally have you lose camo, e.g. infiltration past the mid line.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation