1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New nomad unit in N4 ?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by PurpleSquid, Aug 7, 2020.

1. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

If that leak is real, I am hyped to know all the wildcard options in Corregidor to field a cheap Wildcat haris.

dexterv likes this.
  2. Pirayak

Pirayak Member

I dont know much about Vanilla listbuilding, But in corregidor it is awesome, the swc Reduktion is very Importent for the Harris Option and i Hope the Senior massacreHarris wont Pay the 0,5 swc As well.
    I would be happy With this changes :)

3. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

I like the embedded haris, and MSV is always neat, but the extra cost is a bit too high. I don't think I would include a full team of wildcats, but maybe one or two if there are good wildcard options to fit into a haris.

4. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Real-talk:
    I'm not a fan of things like the NCO profile. If it were Spitfire and then NCO Spitfire plus CR+LFT and NCO CR+LFT?
    Less problematic for me.

Kinda cool to see Number 2 as an embedded skill for them but it concerns me that the idea is solely designed around them being a 'backup' in a Wildcard Link...unless I'm misremembering what Number 2 does.

Smiler likes this.
  5. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

This is why we can't have nice things.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  6. Lampyridae

Lampyridae Well-Known Member

Looks like they've been costed up slightly to set up a ~140 point full link as the bread and butter formation for Corregidor. MSVL1 makes them a workhorse anti-camo unit, and now there's less reliance on them just being slow flamethrower pawns to trade (basically being crap at what Auxilia do). Global N2 makes them super reliable, in a different way from Bolt's Veteran L1. Pointless in Vanilla. Global Haris may also mean something like a FT:Duo link with EVO is possible in Vanilla, and may mean that global N2 is significant. Sad to see HRL lose the Assault Pistol, not sad to see the SWC drop. Courage is situational... don't miss it.

I'm not concerned about these stepping on Grenzer toes, I think it's more a way of not having to depend on the Intruder crutch so much.

7. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Tsyklon in an Algucile fireteam hitting on 18s under assisted fire is more of a crutch these days, I can't see a full core of Grenzers shifting that in any way.

8. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

These are more expensive than N3 Grenzers.
    Where's that pricecut for MI N4 was supposed to bring?
    The base profile is almost a carbon copy .... the filler costs 7 points more than the N3 one....

Other than Number 2 and MSV1 BS13 giving a real incentive to slot one (and only one) into something else (assuming Wildcard - hey Jaguars, assuming no Wildcard - we can live with Lupe + Algs) they're a trainwreck.
    As their own Link? Nopedinopenope

Smiler likes this.
  9. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

[​IMG]

Wait, so it IS a real profile? Wow. What a let down. Why make a Grenzer copy for Corregidor? Are they gonna give away MSVs to everyone now?

Smiler likes this.
  10. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

It makes me think that there will be a change to Grenzers to differentiate the models more.

The MSV1 is a surprise, though.

Stiopa and Errhile like this.
  11. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Wildcats and fielded them almost every game. I knew they needed a fix, but a price hike ain't it, chief. MSV of any kind on a Combi profile is always a tax. Doubly so on Shotguns, especially when the Cats already have Flamethrowers anyway. Just give MSV1 to HRL and replace AHD with HD/KHD (which is what happened) and Wildcats are great again, even without the all MI FD "fix".
    But I'm guessing they wanted to give Corregidor some MSV aside from Intruder. Not sure it's going to make it not auto-include (unless they raise his SWC costs as well), but it gave Wildcats what they were famous for not having: bloat.

Smiler likes this.
  12. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Think about the implications of MSV1 being able to see through Smoke, on units that have Direct Template Weapons.

EDIT - and even more so for a Hacker who can see through Smoke and has a Direct Template Weapon. 'Would you like to Reset and Burn, or Dodge and get Hacked?'

Tourniquet, loricus, Stiopa and 4 others like this.
  13. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

So this really is the new profile? Really? Like in really really? They switched Grenzers to Corregidor? Shouldn't this be posted in the "W tee Eff?!"-Thread instead?

Doesn't make sense at all.

What does the new Grenzer Profile look like then?

Zewrath and nazroth like this.
  14. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

15 days.

Errhile, Stiopa and Hiereth like this.
  15. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

You'd think with all the ITS data they'd see that mid 20 point, 1W link-based models don't see much play. Unless ITS outside of NZ is radically different than the scene here.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  16. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Meh, don't worry. It will be an uninspired wildcard unit so they pricetag won't be barrier.

17. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I think there is little doubt they will be able to join every fireteam in Corregidor and maybe some in Varuna and Onyx at the rate the fireteam idiocy creep is going

Smiler and Ghost87 like this.
  18. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

Either something really dangerous got close to them and they're dead, because it has Dodge +6 or something similar (and likely isn't hackable or can tank fire) or I've wasted a lot of orders to move Wildcats and Smoke into Light Flamethrower range, when the thing throwing Smoke would probably ravage whatever's under Smoke with CC or Chain Rifle.
    Nah, I'd rather have my 19pts Wildcats back. At this point might as well give them Drop Bears for +3pts.

Willen likes this.
  19. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

OK. I'll stop bothering to suggest new ways of using units that have changed.

20. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

You could end the speculation by telling us this is a fake. Or not.

And if it's no fake than the unit hasn't changed. It's just that Wildcats are now Grenzers. We already didn't use Grenzers for several years, so we know how to not use them.

(Sorry, I don't want to sound aggressive against you directly or anything like this, it just seems to be so ridiculous that the Wildcat's problems are meant to be solved by giving them the Grenzers profile. I just don't seem to be able to understand this.)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation