1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 spoiler Su-Jian

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Surmelk, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Well actually you could in N3. It was pretty stupid in terms of opportunity cost, but all you need is an EVO and about all your Command Tokens.

2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Not with AVA1 :relieved: And Wildcards don't work in Vanilla. N4 maybe?

Teslarod likes this.
  3. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Right. AVA. Damn when was the last time I actually ran into AVA problems with N3 :thinking_face:
    AVA could generally use a look in N4, especially in Vanilla.

4. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I think the BS attribute adequately represents shot placement.

That's some serious crowd control. Feels like damage 19 to targets in cover.

5. Space Ranger

As @Triumph said, he's going to be fantastic for the Armory or just killing anything in a building. If you can get to them. His speed is going to help get in the +6 range too.

6. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Based on the point costs and tool adjustments here, hopefully this means that when it comes time to do the Crane, not a single profile ends up touching 50 points. That'd be a solid start.

Savnock likes this.
  7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Hsien and Hac Tao should have a resting 50p face, the TAGs are supposedly getting a bunch cheaper but shoupd still be over 60, but the remainder of Yu Jing HI should be less than 45 points if my estimates are true. Well... maybe the neuro Huo will be 46...

Edit: misremembered the points cost on the Hac Tao. 60-ish is more correct.

#27 Mahtamori, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  8. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

50 on the Hac Tao? That quite low.

9. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

What I don't get in this thread: Why is everyone happy that the Su-Jian is becoming cheaper?

If even the Su-Jian, a profile that always worked, is becoming cheaper and with it supposedly every other HI in the game, this only means powercreep. And not only for YuJing, but for everyone. So while you might be able to field Hsien, Hac Tao, Su-Jian and the like more often, so will the other factions be able to field their powerhouses more often. In the end, balance stays the same.

But there is one reason I could imagine for the Su-Jian to become cheaper: If he looses his second level of unconsciousness. Do we know if this is still a thing?

theradrussian likes this.
  10. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

4-4 Mov on Combat form means you can squeeze a full 12" out of Susan without risking the Dodge.

Her only natural enemy at this point are hackers, but YJ has some quality KHDs so that might not be such a problem.

11. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Oh come on, let us enjoy the moment of our beloved Killer robot Charmander evolving into Charlizard.

Ariwch and Spitfire_TheCat like this.
  12. Ayaxs

Ayaxs Crane agent, Yuandun division.
    Warcor

NWI is still a thing on the Su Jian

Looks like expensive goes down, and cheap goes up (ie no more extra discount for Ex Imp)

13. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

They're not all going down by the same amount, and the primary balance that's being altered is between cheap and expensive units.

14. Space Ranger

Cheaper, but only by a few points. That might mean, for any force, you might be able to upgrade one guy or take another cheap one. If there's power creep, I don't think it's going to be a lot.

15. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Okay, possible. But why make a unit cheaper that already was working? If it keeps the second level of unconsciousness that is.

I'd understand if expensive units that weren't used because they were expensive, were made cheaper, but the Su-Jian? What's next? 45 points Sheskiin? Not that I would mind, having a growing SEF army and loving the Sheskiin-sculpt ...

emperorsaistone likes this.
  16. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

Hsien HMG profile is complete in C1, landing it at 5/1.5. N4 should translate the HMG Hsien to a little over 50 points.

Hac Tao lacks hidden deployment, but its profile is mostly complete at 6 points, so expect it to land somewhere around 65/1.5 with all the good bits like HD and XO.

Yan Huo should be around 45, probably on the upper end of that.

What we're mostly expecting from N4 are the premium HI are getting cheaper, but warbands and certain LI are getting more expensive to compensate. Don't be shocked if Kuang Shi and Monks go up to 7 or 8 points.

17. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Still uncertain what the whole picture is on Hacking in N4, so...

18. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

And even if they don't get more expensive, limits to slots and possible changes to things like the KS Control Device, etc., might change the points balance as well.

19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Sorry, for some reason I've internalized that a Hac Tao is the same price as a Hsien. Probably also the reason why I seldom run a Hac Tao; I've never felt they performed well enough to compensate for how starved the rest of my force gets.

20. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Maybe think about it from the other direction - if the Su Jian was left at it's N3 price and changes to other units made the Su Jian look too expensive in comparison, would you be happy with that?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation