1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[April], come she will...

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Feb 14, 2018.

1. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I know, my bed depends on them!

Pierzasty, Stiopa and emperorsaistone like this.
  2. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

But something will happen with Acon, thats for sure.

3. Fire Broadside

Fire Broadside The Red Comet

Oh, this is awesome! All my hopes and expectations confirmed and as icing on the cake we get a whole new book! :D

Considering the title of the book is Uprising I really can't see it only referring to JSA. There has to be more sectorials leaving their respective parent factions. We're in for an exciting year!

The minis loog good overall. The big robot is super silly and the scythe will be converted, but I like the rest.

DukeofEarl, Melchior and Abrilete like this.
  4. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

At what?

yojamesbo likes this.
  5. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Shootin mans with BS 13

Drop Bears and shotguns for CQB winnings

Immunity to E/M, Viral and Shock

FatherKnowsBest and Abrilete like this.
  6. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Why Acontecimento should leave Pano? never read from Acontecimento having any kind of political aspiration out of Pano. Really from all faction at lore level Pano is the faction more inegrated with not national minorities ( ateks are social ones).

Other factions have more lore background about posible separations.
    Ariadna ( with Caledonia or UsAriadna, against the unificated Rodina), Haqquis ( with his rogue regions like the Sultan or the khans) or evan a rogue nomad ship ( driven by Equinoxx, a rogue IA or whatever you can imagine from the black labs).

Or going too far Aleph having some kind of evil brother like the IE had.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  7. Lareon

Lareon Well-Known well-knower

I shamelessy quote myself from the "suggest a mini" thread:
    Yass!

Kinda of, but the scythe is a cool alternative.

Abrilete likes this.
  8. Contaminator

Contaminator Brigadier of Baguette Brigade

I just had a terrible realization... So in a previous thread (on the old forums I think) there was some info about MRRF and how their identity as rapid response/forward deploying/mechanized force was going to play into their reconstruction. Acontecimento is also supposed to be a response/forward deploying/mechanized force right? So now I am thinking withh all the grumblings in Aconteimento there will be a possible split from PanO there. And with MRRF on Dawn they are pushing against the Kazaks for some expansion of control over off planet trade and may split from the rest of Ariadna...

Now I think I understand the Yu Jing player's mindset right now...

9. ThePlasticCrackBlog

I think with the kitty helmet it really adds to the anime style feel of having a scythe like that rather than a katana. That little nod to Japanese culture

10. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

More like that blatant copy from a manga called Durarara or something like that.

emperor26 and FatherKnowsBest like this.
  11. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

So many Yu-Jing tears... as a Tohaa player, this is how I'm feeling right now:

12. Renfri

Renfri Well-Known Member

Shodan confirmed ! Let's enslave mankind !

So... (Yu-Jing editedout) JSA Penthesilea then ?

#832 Renfri, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Icchan likes this.
  13. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I don't think you get it. This is a travesty of massive proportions! How could CB do this to our wallets?! Forcing another army on us, and releasing so many models for it at the same time!? Please, Abrilete, how are we going to be able to keep up with our purchases?! Tell me, please!

Icchan, Teslarod, Cothel and 4 others like this.
  14. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

They are NOT Yu Jing.

That's the entire point of this release.

Japaneseliea. But Yojjimbo was both sexier and better at being Penthesilea than Penthesilea herself.

Zewrath likes this.
  15. Contaminator

Contaminator Brigadier of Baguette Brigade

I am still trying to finish up my MRRF force... and now I want Cyber Samurai (to be fair I always have its just been a love from a distance)... sucks to be my wallet!

Abrilete likes this.
  16. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Stiopa likes this.
  17. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

Well, each time I hope this is going in a different direction, my hopes are dashed.

I'm not really positioned to raise objections here from a losing-my-models point of view. I play Yu Jing. I don't want to play an unaligned army of independent Japanese. If I had a crate of JSA models I would be upset, but lucky for me I don't have very many of them, and one of those is Yuriko Oda whose inevitable-betrayal was part and parcel of her character. I was prepping to acquire some Keisotsu once they rescuplted and Shikami because the profile is amazing, but now I'll hold to see how absolute the split is and if its 100% I can save the limited budget up for when Invincible Army hits. At this point I'm grateful for the leak, its timing was perfect in that regard!

Likewise, in terms of exploring game 'space', I'm sure the seceded Japanese army will let JSA play like JSA, and even further, with rules additions now manageable that would cause problems in Vanilla Yu Jing. The only complaint I'd really raise here is one of double-standard, since there are other Sectorials which play very differently from their vanilla Faction that could also use that 'room to breathe', but this is a year of shakeups, maybe every Faction takes a hit and gets this sort of turnover.

Most of the things I'm not fond of here are all about the setting. Infinity has great background, it has sociopolitical complexity that a lot of imaginary worlds fail to consider. Years and years ago, I noticed at Infinity because it seemed to have rules and models better than the Games Workshop stuff I was increasingly unhappy playing, but it was the Sino-Japanese dynamic in Yu Jing, and how it and Yu Jing more broadly differed from the usual Orientalist scifi trope of 'Asians together bcuz Asia' that made me stay.

This changes that in deep and far-reaching ways, and that worries me. Things like 'kempeitai as guarantors of morality' are not good signs, but a magazine article and a couple pictures of new miniatures dont give anywhere near enough to judge HOW things are changing, so for the moment I'll have to settle back in a state of unease, with fingers crossed.

#837 Shiwen, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  18. Renfri

Renfri Well-Known Member

You are right indeed, edited it out.

19. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Japanese Sectorial Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] ONIWABAN Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (0 | 41)
    [​IMG] KEMPEI Combi Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] SHIKAMI (Fireteam: Duo) Contender, Nimbus Grenades / Assault Pistol, DA CCW, AP CCW, Knife. (0.5 | 46)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 14)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17)
    [​IMG] ARAGOTO Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)

2.5 SWC | 181 Points

Open in Infinity Army

spitballing points clearly way under big boi will clearly be more (likely around 50), as will section 9 but at minimum box will be like 200pts, section 9 and kitty bike will need to be expensive to bring it up to 300 though.

20. Lareon

Lareon Well-Known well-knower

Iiiiiii'm not really convinced by the kitty helmet, honestly. I want to read the background of the unit before taking a file and smooth everything to dust.

Anyway, I'm the only Yu-Jing (sort of) excited about the news? More options!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation