1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion thread! what've you got going on?

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Pierzasty, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

I dunno, It opens fine for me, even in tapatalk.

2. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

Relatively simple conversion of the Jotum MHMG into the new design from the Cutter render.
    Just need to detail the mag, cover/fill the joints and figure a way of duplicating the quad-barrel.
    Multi-01.jpg Multi-02.jpg Multi-03.jpg

Got the quad barrel, not sure about the green stuff sculpting.
    Maybe I'll be able to hide some of it with the paint job.
    Multi-04.jpg

#1762 Cartographer, Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  3. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I am going to do too! Great minds think alike :smile: The only difference is I'm going to paint a Chinese opera face paint as a challenge.

Usashi likes this.
  4. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

As I wrote here few days ago, I'm working on some more advanced conversions and here's the first of them.
    The reason for the change is simple - there are five Kum riders already:
    [​IMG]
    ...but really only the guy on the far right is riding his bike. The rest is static, standing with at least one foot on the ground.
    That doesn't really fit well with their impetuous image, especially that Zuleyka - for example - has such blown hair ;)

The conversions are finishing in good time, because the rumors of N4 say, that Impetuous will change, which could be good for the riders. I almost always used Kasym in my Vanilla Haqq, because I preferred normal Impetuous instead of Extreme, and I'm looking for N4 with hope to use the Twins more, especially the fiery one :)

So, after this long introduction:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tough girl!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good she's Dogged :D

After some pinning and test fitting:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And after some GSing the girl:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's about Zuleyka, but I wanted to show the flamer too, so the bike also got some upgrades:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So that's it, sorry for the many pictures. Her sister is in WIP still, hope to show her in near future.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

5. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Do you remeber the sad, armless Myrmidon?
    Well, he has changed a bit :P

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Stage #1 - paperclip wire as core for the new arm. The hand came form an Eisenkern Stormtrooper Accessory Set

[​IMG]
    Stage #2 - greenstuff.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Stage #3 - painted.

Is it a sculpt matching the quality ofthe original arm?
    No, in no way. In fact, it is my first GS stuff of anything that substantial.

Will anyone notice the lack of match at arm's length?
    I seriously doubt :D

#1765 Errhile, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Teleute, Abydog and jherazob like this.
  6. dulydude

dulydude Active Lurker

Hey @Errhile, I can't see the images! Just getting a grey cirlce with a white line in it :(

7. Errhile

Sorry to hear that, but I have no idea what might be causing it (yes, I have checked for the most typical problem I get, and it ain't it).
    Apparently you're the only person encountering the issue :(

8. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Same issue for me sadly

Jumara likes this.
  9. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

@Errhile same problem here.
    Where do you host your picture?
    Have you tried another hoster?

10. Errhile

Google Photos. But they get directly pasted into the Infinity Forum.

11. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

@Errhile There is a problem with photos hosted by Google.
    It happened here too.

12. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

The ones in the paint thread posted hours ago by @Errhile work, and the server is also lh3.googleusercontent.com.
    Things can be tested by switching private/incognito mode windows and normal ones.

13. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Ima shamelessly gonna copy-paste this from my painting thread, but I saw this this thread so many times I decided I wanted to contribute.

Some updates from my workbench:

[​IMG]

The Überfallkommando didn't get any major conversions, but I still wanted to get the two puniks with the same body to look more different than on the box art, and I also wanted to shorten the fox's arms because they looked ridiculously long to me. So I clamped him in my tiny vise and bent him into a more upwards position, cut off his wrist and positioned the arms so he would have a more "come at me bro" pose (the "bro" likely being some Cutter who's gonna smash him into pulp, but glory to the brave [stupid]!). Because of how the arms are positioned, I had to fill in his shoulders with a bit of putty, which had the additional benefit of making him a bit beefier, that skinny bastard. Now I'm very happy with him.

[​IMG]

The Morlocks... I knew I had a massive problem with the box when I saw there was exactly one out of four models with a visible chain rifle. You know, the loadout that makes 99% of all lists they're in. Don't know what CB thought there, but oh well. I also didn't like the undynamic and very copy-paste poses of the two ladies. And I definitely didn't like Harley Quinns giant hammer. So I knew there would be some major conversions ahead of me.

Since there's no way to get additional CRs from CB themselves, I took the chance to try out something new: 3D-printed weapons. A friend had access to a printer, and so with the help of monstrousmakings I got into the tiny weapon's trade business.

Next I had to figure out how to switcheroo the loadouts. Since Lady Katanas left arm was unexpectedly fixed to the model I couldn't just replace her upper sword as I had planned to. So the wakizashi on the separate arm had to go instead. I cut off both girls' right arms at the elbows, switched them and pinned them back together. That solved Harley's CCW problem and also gave Katana a straight arm that could now hold a weapon.

Next were the chain rifles. Unfortunately (but luckily for me), the clear resin my friend originally wanted to use was almost out when he got to the printer, so he had to use softer grey resin for most of the weapons, which turned out to be much easier to cut (the downside of which is that only one of their sides has sharp edges, as you can see on Katanas weapon).

After stretching out Harley's left arm into a straight line, I could simply place the CR in her hand (some putty is still needed to make her fingers actually grip it) and she was done. Well, almost: Since the slashing movement of her new arm made her static pose look ridiculous (and I wanted to change it anyway) I cut off her right leg at the knee, filed it into an angle and reattached it with a slight inward turn. Now she actually looks like she's assaulting someone, as any proper crazy drug-fueled warband should.

Giving Katana's a CR took a little bit more effort since her new hand formed an actual fist. So I drilled a hole, drilled another into the CR and filed away at the padding until it fit into her forearm. I also spread her legs a little bit wider to exaggerate her pose and gave her a little tactical rock, since CB in this instance apparently forgot their own golden rule which states that EVERY UNIT NEEDS AT LEAST ONE TACTICAL ROCK! There, fixed it for them :P

The joker was last and, after the two ladies, also the easiest. I basically repeated what I had done with Katana, only I gave him a completely new hand from one of my "Jaguars" since it was easier to cut off his Asspistol at the wrist rather than at the weapon. Drilled a couple more holes, and voilá:

Four chain rifled Morlocks instead of one, and also two much more dynamic poses for the two ladies.

Now I'm truly excited to paint them.

In November :sweat_smile:

14. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

I'm probably not the first to do something like this but like quite a few other folks I don't like the hugeness of the T2 sniper rifle nor the big machete on the Blackjack. So I lopped those off and epoxied on the Highlander Cateran's T2 and the pistol from the other Blackjack. I'm much happier with it now.

IMG-1002.JPG

IMG-1004.JPG

IMG-1006.JPG

15. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Finished painting my converted Brawler! Put in the torso of the Scientist from Agents of the Human Sphere Box, the head is Zondnautica's, and the MSR is from Vortex Spec. Ops Blister.
    [​IMG]

LeGweg, khepri, Tristan228 and 25 others like this.
  16. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

we had a talk about dismounted Kuroshi a while ago and i failed miserably to post a picture. so now that i finally found a way to post pics:
    [​IMG]
    Dismounted kuroshi based on a Celestial Guard hacker.

Xeurian, Smiler, Law Dawg and 5 others like this.
  17. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

it bugged me that there were Loadouts for the wu ming missing so i converted the missing loadouts with a little help of Chris from Monstrous makings who printed me these amazing weapons.
    So Thanks for that!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Wu Ming with Multi Rifle and Light Grenada Launcher

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Wu ming with Combi E/Mitter and Antipersonell mines

18. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

Update on Jotum with new style Multi HMG:

It's not turned out quite how I hoped, but I'm happier now that there's paint covering the more egregious sculpting cock-ups.
    Multi-05.jpg

LeGweg, khepri, Xeurian and 11 others like this.
  19. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Ah, some older conversion, that I wanted to share after painting - but since the minis are in WiP for few months and I don't see an option to finish them in near future, here's my version of how to change this:
    [​IMG]
    ...into a pose less associated with toilet ;)

[​IMG]
    This time without cutting, sculpting et cetera, just some bending.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still not ideal, but I prefer it over the original ;)

PozdRawiam / Greetings

LeGweg, khepri, Rizzy and 15 others like this.
  20. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@KedzioR_vo I agree with your assessment. Your pose came out much better than the official model. She looks alot more lively now.

An.No.Ut. and the huanglong like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation