1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISS in N4 15 orders lists

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by gorin, Sep 7, 2020.

1. gorin

gorin Well-Known Member

@Koni @Bostria or any other who can just take a look at N4 stuff

Now, a couple of weeks before the 25th, after which any whining will come across the argument "let's collect the tournament data for a year and only then draw conclusions" can someone look at how the ISS feels in the realities of the N4 15 orders lock.

All the same, this faction, like no other, had forces 20 orders lists from Ava 8 on Kuang Shi.

Still, most lists will always include the celestial guard + kuang shi core link, so we definitely added new Haris options to HI like WuMing and Cranes and no limit the selection of units to the list.

Are we sure we have added new wildcards options LIKE IN ANY OTHER SECTORIAL for now.

We do not expect such a strong change as in Hassassin Bahram, but still we do not want ISS to remain in the garbage pile of outdated armies. Please tell us that everything will be ok so that we spend in peace these couple of weeks of waiting

2. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I'd love to see wildcard on the crane rank, and if the new marksman Hsien can haris with Zhanying (likely) that would be quite a tasty package.

It'd be shocked if they didn't change the fireteams at all for ISS. Adil can't even fireteam according to army...

The wait is agonising though fore sure.

Mahtamori likes this.
  3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Didn't they say somewhere that ISS was getting adjusted for N4? I seem to remember that.

Smart money says the Bao will be unchanged garbage though. Some things are tradition now.

4. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Despite being absolute shoe-ins for that discover+3 skill, yeah. :(

Although even with that skill they need a total rework to be viable. I think the profiles are on life support at this point and just as good as dead.

5. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

It's funny, because that new Hassassin wildcard character is basically a good version of the Bao.

6. Triumph

The Biovisor lvl2 +3 only works on Impersonators and Holoprojectors, wasn't super useful.

Ok all shitposting aside, the dirtiest and easiest fix that we might potentially see because it's so so so fucking low effort to get 1 Bao on the table is they become wildcard. At the bare minimum now the Sniper profile would see play and that's it.

7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

The general gist of Bao the best we can hope for is a reduction in cost by one point on the Light Shotgun. I think the Shotgun changes will be seen as sufficient for Bao's general weaponry not to be changed. Bao have this very weird detailed skornergy when it comes to which profiles have what combinations of weapons.

That said, we don't know how Impersonation, Holoecho, or Biovisor works. Biovisors are very cheap atm, but largely useless, however imagine if Biovisors peeled off two levels of Impersonation or simply worked automatically (f.ex. get within ZoC and LOF of a Bao and your Holoecho drops, your Holoprojector image disapperas and you Impersonation is fully cancelled). There's a lot of vectors for altering this functionality.

At the end of the day, though, it doesn't really change that a costly MSV2 unit without further MOD stacking abilities really need a high-burst weapon like an HMG to function well and the other profiles will be mostly crap.

Here's to hoping that whatever happens, a Bao's visors won't be spread haphazardly among each load out, but that each profile will have the same types of visors.

8. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

ISS has the most room for changes in all our sectors atm. More flexibel fireteams would be my first guess. It was interesting to see that the Bao have not been on the list of OOP models. Maybe they get a 2nd live? Or maybe they will just not be played in the new edition too. The models are still nice imho.

9. Triumph

Kinda surprised Bolts are getting axed before them given that they're more important to more sectorials and I think they're newer sculpts?

10. Mahtamori

I think Bao Troops have been discontinued quite some time ago. The models, that is - can't find them on CB's homepage, not even a discontinued entry. The models are old, I think traditionally sculpted or close enough to the O-Yoroi that they have some funky proportions going on and are starting to be desperate for a re-release. More likely they'll have a new release some time 2021 or 2022 after their new profiles have been established.

They're not getting axed. The information we got was that they wouldn't be updated with N4 release, and considering IJW's reaction on the topic I'd say it's fairly unlikely they're getting axed. Presumably they are a November profile.

Savnock likes this.
  11. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Baos were discontinued in april yes, alongside the red veil starter, sun tze V2 and other old sculpts.

zapp and Mahtamori like this.
  12. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

I would love to see more link flexability on ISS or a rework for the pheasant. Even so IS is not in a bad place in his current form under 15 orders. 4 kuang shi in core means tons of points on expensive options.

What i fear is a completly free link team as muyibs wildcards. It a bit 40K feeling but i like link teams to be at least 3/4 from the same troop.

13. Triumph

Oh, well nothing of value was lost.

Zewrath likes this.
  14. Mahtamori

I still hold that the biggest boost in value possible for the sectorial is for Celestials to be able to join in a Haris of some sort. Specifically the smoke light grenade launcher which provides so much key value to the sectorial and the D list for Huang Di did provide a very pleasant ISS experience with the Hsien in a Core and the Celestial Guard KSCD in a Haris.
    That Hsien as a Yu Jing Wildcard would be welcome as well (though I think Kuang Shi either needs to no longer have Fireteam or have a rule prohibiting Wildcards from joining it, as much for balance as for fluff as for "that link is stupid anyway")

Savnock likes this.
  15. Triumph

My guess if the Hsien gets expanded link options it'll probably see something similar to the Aquila FTO profiles.

Mahtamori likes this.
  16. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

A 6-2 MSV2 HMG in the same list as a Crane Core with Smoke LGL sounds pretty good to me. Something about the Hsien's Haris Link options will likely change, even if it's just the stuff he can link with becoming more viable. But I highly doubt you're going to see the Aquila's FTO option copied on the Hsien.
    The complaint always was that they're too similar, with the Aquila stuck at 4-4 and swapping the Multirifle for an AP MMR, they're fairly distinct now. With that accomplished the main thing an FTO Hsien would "accomplish" is to rain on the Crane's parade. For the Hsien MR best guess is he'll get a better Lt Skill than +1 SWC.

Crane as Wildcard is what my money would be on.
    Kuang Shi are probably getting a rework, Regular Orders for 5 Orders remain valueable, AVA8 not so much.

17. Triumph

We're guessing the MR profile is getting shelved for the MMR on the basis it didn't carry through to C1.

18. Mahtamori

During N3, a Crane Core + Hsien Haris has been severely restricted by the simple fact that they cost too much. As barebones as you can make them, they stand at 220+ points spread across 1 Combat Group and 8 orders, they'll simply put have problems keeping up with each other and easily get order starved.
    The Crane will also be very vulnerable if you try to make use of the Crane's melee ability considering the Celestial Guards are really not made for close-up work (or, really, any work involving actual combat)

As Triumph has noted, I do believe we've also had confirmation that the Marksman Rifle is a Multi Marksmanrifle and it is reasonable to expect the Multi Rifle version of the Hsien to be upgraded to this version.

--

Kuang Shi getting a rework excites me. With potential for several of our HI getting a points discount worth the name, there is some potential for a Yu Jing that is less reliant on them for order fuel. However, ISS do have some of the most expensive basic troopers, on par with Vanguards, and sufficiently so that CSU and ABH have provided the cheapest non-Impetuous orders ISS has access to.

Leaving aside that Pheasants are fairly crap atm, I do think they are - as currently described - the most likely to become Wildcard.

Savnock likes this.
  19. Triumph

Oh and there's probably an Adil HI Wildcard in the sectorial's future at some point. He turns up in other sectorials he's got no fuckin' business being in so it stands to reason he'll barge his way into any damn squad he wants with ease as well.

Savnock likes this.
  20. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I'll be pretty upset if this is true. The MULTI Rifle Hsien model is a beast

Savnock likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation