1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Betrayal - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Knauf, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Stormygeddon

Stormygeddon Well-Known Member

Did anybody else feel flip back a few pages to check to see if you missed a page or two because some of the transitions were too quick?

For example I did that when Ko Dali and the agent stole a combined army transport car to escape the base under attack.

Also when Adil Mehmet ditched his armor for seemingly no reason between panels. Though I suppose that was explained with the line a few panels later about not wanting to be tracked by using guidance systems as I presume the heavy infantry suit is pretty connected but then that guy went on to use a Commlog and talking about attempting to communicate with the base every so often when they were hiding in the jungle so that felt like a conflicting point. It makes me think that it was a case of the artist straight up not wanting to draw the crane rank's many plated armor for a few pages, opting for the T-shirt. I wouldn't really judge them harshly if that was the honest truth but the question was in my mind the whole time as the armor didn't seem damaged from what I remember seeing and I would think that having bullet resistant clothing would be pretty darn useful in an active warzone.

Overall I thought it was okay but I was kind of surprised that I didn't like the story as much as I did Outrage despite the main subjects being parts of the fluff I quite like (i.e. the Combined Army and Yu Jing). It wasn't bad, though I would say that the "twist" if you'd call it that wasn't as interesting as Outrage's and they left a couple too many things as ambiguous. It felt cut short and unresolved. I was glad to see that mention of the time Yu Jing accidentally killed a Shasvastii nursery. That's one of my favorite tidbits besides the fact that a Coca-cola factory exists in USAriadna.

Rumdog, dhellfox and Golem2God like this.
  2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

One of the subtexts of Infinity is that religions and religious iconography is suborned to capitalism/technocracy in the Human Sphere; it's exactly on-brand for them to do that.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  3. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Did anyone spot any Invincibles other than the Zuyongs in Betrayal?

4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw some Tiger Soldiers

the huanglong likes this.
  5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Classy [emoji23]

6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I did see a Zuyong with a spitfire if that counts for things out of the ordinary.

7. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I liked it, but I don't think it told a complete story. I want to see more interactions between Adil and Ko Dali, it felt like this set up for their crossing of paths again down the road.

EDIT: I would have liked to see some reason given for why Nourikas didn't just skewer Adil at the end when he had the chance. I get Ko Dali might have felt a bit of empathy for him, or that their interactions may have set in play some greater machinations on the EI's part, but it really could have done with even one more page, or even panel, with Ko Dali telling Nourikas to just chill for a second. He just disappears after everyone ignores his massive throbbing murderboner.

#47 Weathercock, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    the huanglong likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation