1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Betrayal - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Knauf, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you.

SpectralOwl, Knauf and Del S like this.
  2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Knauf likes this.
  3. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Or they just wanted to have Kerrigan. Judging by the standard of Infinity's writing I'm gonna go with that.

4. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Well, why not? We should be used to these kind of things as YJ players.

What would really rock would be having Ko Dali back in YJ with a "but she was a double agent all along" twist, but that's not gonna happen because CA are the uber villains and YJ are the punching bags.

Also, Gujias won't get Super Jump and Imperial Agents won't get their braids back.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

So... you're saying Ko Dali has usurped EI's place?

6. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

That's too deep for Gutier. Ko Dali is just a cardboard cut off.

7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'd imagine Gutier's ambitions are a bit higher than Blizzard's writing standards which I'm feeling generous calling "cardboard quality".

Designed as the perfect creation by a creature that has never seen human haute couture, she got high heels and (like many Blizzard women) what looks like hyperlordosis

Dragonstriker and Willen like this.
  8. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

So some people are still salty with uprising not being realistic enough ?! Read the news and TV report on what's happening in the world more often. All this sounds very realistic to me.

About this graphic novel ... The script is ok, but uninspiring. You can guess what will happen after a few pages.
    Ko Dali and the CA have a nice treatment. Not being the usual very bad guys.

The drawing are nice but ... the shadows with all these litlle black points are, imho, the worst. Ugly ass hell. I was very disapointed with this "graphic novel". I guesse I was expecting something more like outrage, more like a manga than an american style comics.

Golem2God likes this.
  9. Death

Death Well-Known Member

What you guys don't understand is the the only good guys are the combine army. All the human factions are various shades of evil. Ko Dali has simply been shown the truth by the EI. The only way to end these pointless power struggles among the human factions is to forcefully unify humanity under the EI's banner. PEACE THROUGH POWER!

10. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I feel the same here. This is old newpaper-comic style. I wonder why they use this. Maybe its cheap? I think they could do it in color, rise the price to 25,- w/out mini and still sell it. The graphic is not overwhelming more functional. I say this a comic reader. But at least its Infinity in comic form. I liked the story so far, and it has a nice little twist.

11. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Her defection came after being captured, and she seems to enjoy a lot of privilege in the Combined Army (because she is so awesome, as we are told). She can boss around Nourkias and even had compassion for the wounded Nexus.

I think it's unambiguous that Ko Dali has free will and is the original, if she was a repro Supreme Loyalty would not have such an interest in killing her and the CA would not have such an interest in preserving/recovering her - they could just spawn a new one.

I think it will happen before the end of INFINITY.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  12. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

@Marduck because China is suffering so many irl consequences for harming the Uyghurs irl...

No, Uprising was still a shit story that was a net loss for the quality of the setting.

13. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

art wise it is a massive improvement over outrage, theres so much 'noise' in (outrage) pannels that it was difficult to tell what was going on or trying to convey at times.

script, not sure which is better though i thought the sales pitch of betrayal was to answer the whole ko dali thing, which turned out to be a total nothing.

14. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

Free will, yes; original, maybe.
    She is post-human by her own description, I surmise similarly to optimates. She does have a bodhisatva (or better) equivalent lhost. Who knows what mental edits occurred as she was rebuilt?
    There is evidence that sepsitorisation is not mind control (at least, not continuous) but more of a change of mind - “you will see things our way / the EI was right all along” - so it’s not inconceivable that Ko Dali is a post sepsitor post human.
    The irony of “we live in a free society” was delicious.

15. Hecaton

@Dragonstriker Bodhisattva lhosts seem to be much more badass than Ko Dali. I think those are like... Asuras, Achilles, Hector, Ajax...

Golem2God likes this.
  16. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Ajax was a prototype achilles lhost body wasn't he? He's a berserking retard because he couldn't handle the prototype body.

17. Hecaton

I think Ajax's outlook has more to do with them constructing his psyche wrong than his body.

Golem2God and Dragonstriker like this.
  18. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Is that actually the name? They really need to do a bit more research. A Bodhisattva is a Buddha that delays Nirvana in order to help humans out of compassion and help them reach enlightenment. It can also mean one that is on the way to becoming a Buddha. The name being used as a weapon of war is.. not nice.

19. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

There is a fair bit of indian mythology in the lore of Aleph. Advanced Lhosts which are demi-gods there to help humans out of compassion sounds right on the money for what Aleph would call ruthless enforcers of the AI's agenda.

20. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

The basic meaning of Bodhisattva is an enlightened being. That perfectly describes these high quality Lhosts that are designed to host Aleph aspects. The original Bodhisattva Lhosts were originally designed for use by Fuctionary Aspects. So combat was not their original purpose.

Aleph took that good base Lhost and made combat variants of it like the Adiya i-Lhost which the Asuras use (Infinity RPG Aleph sourcebook).

Achilles is not in Bodhisattva Lhost. His Lhost is the AR-1 which was a man sized Lhost TAG that was originally not built for him. It was designed like all other Lhosts to take a cube but all attempts to integrate a human intelligence into the AR-1 did not work. Turns out the human mind could not manage all the information being provided by the AR-1. Aleph then built an artificial personality who could control the body. That personality would become Achilles (https://human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Achilles)

Golem2God and Hiereth like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation