1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New N4 rules so far

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Space Ranger, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Hey guys, heard you thought Jammers were retarded in N3. So in N4 we're nerfing Jammers that isolate you and replacing them with Jammers that KILL YOU.

Hiereth likes this.
  2. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I realized only now that the spindly Alpha robot guard is more dangerous in CC than Andromeda's chonky combat cat.

3. SpectralOwl

I'm really hoping this is that Spanish April Fools' Day equivalent that gave us Year of the Tohaa. Bolts just barely got good!

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

In Zone of Control and in Line of Fire. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

5. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Whe the effeing eff? Released a million models of them, revised them after years so they finally got good and now after some months they are squatted?
    That cant be true...Bostria definitely misremembered something here.

6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Oh thank fuck.

7. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Oh, you're right, I sorted Ariadna by S5 and Devil Dog popped up and I assumed instead of remembering Devil Dog's buddy Antipode :D

Still, going from this to S5? Why? Are other knights also enlarged?
    [​IMG]

Insanity.

8. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

That profile was considered to be in need for a rework for some time, so I guess they just took the plunge. I'm pretty excited to see how it turned out tbh.

9. Nuada Airgetlam

Turned out? Did we see the actual N4 profile for the S5 Knight of the Sepulchre? Or are you just stating this about going to S5.

I mean, I love Infinity S5 models, I'm all for more of them.

10. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

No, we only have Bostria dropping this info on a podcast(?). If he can be this specific, I'd expect at least the concept to be advanced or even done.

theradrussian likes this.
  11. Swiftage

Swiftage Well-Known Member

Bolts? Seriously? That......that just seems......words fail me.

Except they don't. The minis for bolts are, at least in my opinion, excellent. It was sad that for a very long time so many players avoided using them due to the profiles being......kind of unwieldy. Then came the ITS season that granted them bravery & we could suddenly deploy these oh so slow MI a bit closer to where their more unusual equipment could be useful. We also got tweaks to the profiles & some new features that actually made them far more useful. At last. A reason to use at least some of the (I think) 9 models available.

& now........

I get that CB can't keep everything, but if this is accurate it feels like a huge loss.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  12. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they'll release an amazing sculpt, with they showed us some concept art. On the other hand I have a friend who painted his SAA to a top standard, it got shelved, then this quarantine painted his Bolts and NCA...

13. Nuada Airgetlam

F

THEGRAAK likes this.
  14. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

I say Bostria is trolling PanO just ... because he can. And because PanO should be trolled :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Or they rename Bolts in Arrows or something like that and use the 10+ sculpts again with slightly larger short tassets (?) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

15. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Yup, the Haramaki -> Tanko treatment is exactly what I suspect.

Hisey, Mahtamori and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  16. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Alas poor Bolts, done in by their own popularity. CB could not produce the minis fast enough, so rather than try to keep up with the overwhelming demand, CB just ends them. An oddly pragmatic solution.

What other Pan-O unit can possibly step up to fill the place the Bolts held? They are just so...iconic. Gone will be the days of deploying a 13 Bolt army and just watching your opponent take one look at what he was up against, and then lose control of both his bladder and his bowels. Hilarious, briefly, until the smell hit your nostrils.

#136 Red Harvest, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    Papa Bey, SpectralOwl and Errhile like this.
  17. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Truly, nothing could possibly replace Bolts. Pan-O simply needs to be cancelled, for the greater good of all Pan-O players. Truly.

18. SpectralOwl

I'm worried about what they'll replace them with. NCA still needs a Haris and elite one-wound option when it returns, and although I can see arguments that a potential removal of Veteran L1 warrants a big redesign I haven't liked either the fluff or crunch of anything new in PanO since Varuna first launched.

Can't they just rework the unit we already have, instead of doing something new?

19. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

None?
    Seriously, it seems people has relaxed and forgotten when, months ago, Bostria warned that with N4 some units should be cut in order to make space in the current overbloated rosters. PanO roster has at current an excess of 12 units above the average number of entries for the rest of the factions. Actually, PanO and CA share the same problem.

Alfy and Armihaul like this.
  20. SpectralOwl

I agree with you about the excessive units, but Bolts are not the problem. They're actually the only MI in PanO that don't have any of MSV, Mimetism or Albedo save for the deadweight Infirmarers, and their Drop Bears are a fantastic piece of kit that are rarely found elsewhere. We could seriously lose half the knightly orders, or almost any Character or Merc, more easily than just this one unit from the perspective of cutting down on bloat.

I'll stop harping on about this for now as further discussion belongs in the PanO forums, but getting rid of something like Bolts while adding random stupid shit like Oktavia to every faction smacks of hypocrisy.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation