1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[April], come she will...

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Feb 14, 2018.

1. gru6y

gru6y Well-Known Member

Awesome sculpts. I am intrigued by the chick with the case the most.
    Of course can't say no to Japanese samurai murder bot of doom as well...

2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

That's exactly my feeling too.

Problem with MO is that it also breaks few units which are not "MO" only and bit important for other sectorials:
    Montesa Knight for ASA (it's not root stone of it, but for sure funny/good unit in this sectorial)
    Black Friar (now NCA must get it's own MSV2 sniper)
    Swiss Guard (or at least they have to have their fluff/background/name changed/rewritten etc.)
    Hospitallers for Shval

Tbh. I think we may see either Sval going full Cadia OR something happening to it in a way it's lost from the control of PanO/YuJing.

At as much as I hate the name "Vaticanum Secundum" it would be hilarious to see it as a planet name ;P

Superfluid likes this.
  3. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

This is not like Van Zant, where you could get one or wait for the other; IF you get this one and IF Corvus Belli releases later a box of 4, you'll end up with 5 Brawlers. CB usually doesn't do that (except when it comes to Musashi, given enought time we'll be able to deploy a full army of Musashi models, each one unique).

Cothel likes this.
  4. Yvain

Yvain Well-Known Member

So in a book like this, what should we expect?

Is it going to be a rules update with Non Aligned armies added and more story? Campaign book? Or is this the new version of the game all together.

I would really like to buy the rules one day, but stubbornness has kept me from purchasing them in hopes of a consolidated release.

5. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

It’ll be story and rules for the Non-Aligned armies.

Abrilete likes this.
  6. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Not bad but I'm not throwing my money at the screen. I like most of the new sculpts but nothing has the Wow effect for me. The new keisotsu are a big let down. Comparing them with the old ones, they have awkward, unnatural poses :/ I'm not sure about non Motoko. I hope that's just painting.

Damn, after awesome new shikami and shikami preview, I'm a bit disappointed in those. (I'll still grab the box though ;))

7. Primo

Primo Well-Known Member

Or they could sculpt male and female in the same scale instead of having tiny females because reasons.

8. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

@eciu
    Why would the orders leave? the church has virtually no reason to leave its established powerhouse inside PanO, the orders themselves are just private military companies owned by the church donated to PanO military, Templars "left" because Hospitalers were clearing house to consolidate power.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  9. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

But the Khanate has the Silk. If they split, QK lost its job^^ And Haqq a lot of influence in the Sphere.

10. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Female models are not tiny and in general females are not as massive as males.

Belgrim, Hiereth and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  11. Yvain

Yvain Well-Known Member

I am curious then what is still in it though. We only have 2 Non-aligned. Is that going to take up a full 186 pages?

I guess that also adds to the list of books I will stubbornly wait to purchase.

12. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

Gah, who edited that video? Nearly made me motion sick, had to watch it at half speed.

Mixed feelings about what I saw. Not-Motoko, not-Batou and not-Celty look good, the Kimono Lady with cat and the Keisotsu with beard are probably my favourites from this box, the big robo-Samurai (Ryuken?) looks a bit silly and the Kempei continues the tradition of standing around. Ninja and SpecOp are cool, but nothing that screams must-buy to me.

The Brawler... well, her helmet looks a lot like a pilot's helmet which confuses me a bit. Maybe with a dark visor, she'd be more my taste.

emperor26 and sevsterino like this.
  13. Wulverdron

Wulverdron Well-Known Member

The church could take up a totally-not-crusade sending the Military Orders to kill aliens and rescue the cubes of the fallen. If it fell outside the overall doctrine of the Hexahedron, a schism could develop. In this case it wouldn't be a split of the faction, it would just be subgroups with slightly different aims.

The main reason to do it rules-wise would be to give MO access to smoke while keeping it out of reach of vanilla PanO. :)

Abrilete likes this.
  14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

184 pages that brings us the non-aligned armies.

Wait what? That's a bit many pages for just JSA and Druze...

15. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I don't know why they should :P It's within power of CB creative writing ? Aleph being somehow recognized or doing against dogma, church wanting to spread easier within non-PanO aligned worlds, PanO becoming (or being seen) as corrupted, inefficient etc. itd. , struggle over power, PanO other lobbys wanting to take over Church. Possibilites are endless ;)

Not saying it's a good thing, but MO always struct me like quite independent and bit "disconnected" from rest of PanO (with some exceptions like Montesas in ASA).

Plus I have a gut feeling that some of the "problems" or "limitations" of MO or PanO comes from a fact that either requires/imposes some hard "limitations" on each other which interact not in a great way.
    (to give even a simple idea: there's a reason why TOOS are +1 SWC in Vanilla)

Superfluid likes this.
  16. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Wasn't it clearly stated that we will get several NA2 this year ?

Stiopa likes this.
  17. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Yup! May next week we'll find out more info about what's to come.
    We are indeed living interesting times :p

18. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

at a guess

-druze
    -JSA rebellion
    -Kaplan company

possibilities
    -O-12
    -Krakot themed morat renegades
    -black hand (mix of nomad troops and a few other mercs)
    -yuan yuan pirate force

emperorsaistone likes this.
  19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I live on these forums (well... you get my point) and I missed that.

I'm interested in whether that means... more... and different... tears. Or if it's going to be just the safe ones that Mothman listed.

20. sevsterino

sevsterino Well-Known Member

All those issues you mentioned are still there, although there is a small improvement. I was talking rather about the aesthetics, more specifically the differences between different unit looks that is getting less noticeable. One could argue that it is because one army uses designs of armor and equipment it produces, but lets not pretend that re-using 3d models and changing only details on them speeds up the design process and it is one of the reasons why 3d artists are so much ahead of the concept design these days (other reason being experience in using tools).

For me personally it just feels lazy and makes me want to spend less time painting another similar model. Since I spend 5-10 hours painting a model, you can understand where I come from with the need for more variety that we had before, compared to more streamlined faction look we are getting these days.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation