1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New nomad unit in N4 ?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by PurpleSquid, Aug 7, 2020.

1. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Elimination of falling damage? What did I miss?

2. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

In my experience it was more about jumping to get los of something in an unexpected way rather than negating cover.

This is what is really going to suck. Puts Superjumpers on a really tight leash. Doggos and Hollowmen will be less affected than the 4-4 Superjumpers, but the loss in mobility is really going to be felt.

Armihaul and loricus like this.
  3. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

You can't jump into space any more. You have to jump from surface to surface.

the huanglong and fatherboxx like this.
  4. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I wonder if these might turn up in Foreign Company

5. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

If you can't make it to the ground, you cancel the jump. Means it's way more difficult to pogo shoot now, and 4" jumpers can struggle to get down buildings they used to be able to leap off without a problem.

Lucian likes this.
  6. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Wow. Rip Bran do Castro.

7. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

He's got Climbing+ he's fine. Units like Ye Mao and Rodoks are probably worst affected by this.

#167 Triumph, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  8. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

"Kriza! Kriza! He's our man! If he can't do it, no one can! YAAAAY! WHOOOOHOOO!" - some Cheer Killer, probably

At this point I'm more interested in the lore than in the actual unit. IMO these girls would be hot garbage in most factions, but they actually have a niche in expensive Tunguska.

With Tactical Window as ITS default, we are going to be looking for ways to upgrade our Transductor order monkeys, and these girls do that with adequate DZ defense and more offensive punch. Repeaters are going to be used more frequently in DZ defense so I can't say these girls are overall better at that bit, but they do make for a halfway decent late game unit for when the big guns are downed.

The MSV-2 is hilarity on this unit, but assuming that a Grenzer profile doesn't get access to the tech, then this will be the only MSV2 + smoke in TJC. Players will take it for that alone even if the smoke we have is more expensive than in most factions.

How these units play out in TJC is largely going to come down to what special fireteams they can make, like mainly who can join them. If it's Perseus then we have a fun blanket-party, smoke-trick gang to do some bashing... anything less may have it's uses depending on what it is. No wildcards in TJC (probably because of Hollow Men) is going to stay IMO, so who they can link up with is probably going to remain pretty limited.

All of this is moot tho, I really want to bat the No Wound Incrap out of someone with her now.

[​IMG]

#168 jfunkd, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    Savnock likes this.
  9. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

It really makes one question why they feel the need for every single unit to have their own unique logo at this point.

Ehh...the lore is probably going to be hot garbage to justify them being Tunguska rather than Bakunin. Makes me wonder if the name is a mistranslation or justification for the goofy outfits though, as "Killjoy" seems more of an apt descriptor.

Tourniquet likes this.
  10. SockLobster

SockLobster Well-Known Member

They are literally dressed up like cheerleaders. Tunguska has a university dedicated to training the future's crime bosses. Universities have cheerleaders. I just want to know what the "Tunguska U" mascot is.

(Also, you should change your username to Killjoy)

Tourniquet likes this.
  11. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

I would imagine the other Infinity sports could have cheerleaders as well, like ScuBall or the REM Racing Circuit.

12. kanluwen

I get that reading is difficult for you being a sockpuppet account and all, but try actually reading the comment you chose to reply to.

13. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I think that train left long ago, sadly. NWI/Dogged without Imm Shock is becoming more and more useless.

Tourniquet likes this.
  14. Redfaint

Redfaint Well-Known Member

not what i expected. Personally, I think it's interesting who you can link with. Perseus maybe even an HM who knows. Without a noteworthy wildcard option, however, they are rather uninteresting. Does anyone have any idea how to come up with this unit? I mean I don't quite understand. At CB there are designers who have a clue. Really no idea how the unit in Tunguska fits.

15. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

I don't get how people will "upgrade" their pulsebots to this girls in TW... I struggled to get 15 orders even using max of pulsebots and make a decent list, this girls are not cheaper than securitates neither. Also, having cheap dudes will still be useful, the cheaper ones leave room for the expensive ones

Papa_Legba likes this.
  16. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

Maybe you are making the assumption that all lists in the next season will be 15 full slots? I feel a lot of players are assuming that right now.

Edit: Also, I didn't mean to suggest that Transductors will be a bad choice or even unnecessary as filler. In my experience with condensed format lists (TW and LI) you will be vying to get as much utility out of each slot as possible. I will concede that Tunguska typically played less that 15 orders, so the Tactical Window format will change up lists less for them than many other factions.

Personally, I'm expecting some cost changes on some of our heavy hitters that may make that 15 order point more flexible than it is now.

#176 jfunkd, Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  17. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hot take: Considering all the TJC units work for Dragnet currently, the Cheerkillers are going to be undercover Dragnet units at Tunguska University.

Tourniquet and Ayaxs like this.
  18. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

Everything about cheer killers is awesome. Even if SMG will be less OP in N4 (and there is high chance it won’t be as I expect table sizes changing with point costs to carry over from Code One). Fast, mobile, deadly and they plug Tunguska’s cheap disposable troops hole/vulnerability.
    Everyone here saying they suck will probably find themselves at the receiving end of them soon enough.

loricus, Savnock, Ayaxs and 1 other person like this.
  19. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I frankly do not appreciate the unnecessary antagonism, name calling and adversarial tone, so please drop it.

Cheerkillers have a fluff reason for existing and it is justifiable in universe for me, once you get your books you will read about it and agree or disagree with me.

20. kanluwen

Then maybe start actually moderating things? There's at least three individuals in this thread who continually have been harassing members. Across multiple threads. Not a damn thing has ever been done, publicly, with relation to them. One of them is outright 'liking' your post here.

Then maybe, just maybe, they should start leading with that kind of stuff rather than throwing things out in the wild with no context?

Crazy idea I know. I get that they want things to be a surprise or whatever, but the books are the only source of fluff unless they choose to post stuff. They don't need to give us an entire operational history but letting things spin around like this never ends well for CB as it gets people riled up one way or the other. For as many years as this has been happening? You'd think they would know how to head it off in advance!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation