1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New nomad unit in N4 ?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by PurpleSquid, Aug 7, 2020.

1. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

I frankly disagree and find myself quite happy about them. Can totally see a haris of them supporting a core of hollow men plus a few sundry fun bits

2. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

if they get the option to haris up with Percy, or be able to slot into either of the existing Duos then they may have a place out side of the token two LSG bodyguards.

loricus likes this.
  3. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Man, drop it. Enough is enough.

wes-o-matic, Willen, colbrook and 2 others like this.
  4. SpectralOwl

I'd be inclined to run one unlinked if there's room in the list. They're cheap for Super Jump access, pack passable CC and provide access to some useful ammo. Super Jump really lets you catch things out of cover and avoid the usual DTW trade defenses on a lot of boards. Might be a nice option alongside a Szalamandra or Kriza, even in Vanilla, as a half-disposable rambo that you can use to exploit the gaps your gunner can make. The MSV2 looks wasted on the unit, but I can see some niche uses against seriously Smoke-heavy forces, as backup for a Zondnaut or if you fear Hidden Deployed snipers.

Errhile likes this.
  5. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

I think that it's enough of this, please. Stop of this and for finding strange things where they are not.

Let's keep it civil and in peace. It's easy to do, believe me.

Thank you for your collaboration and enjoy what is coming :)

wes-o-matic, Hiereth, Modock and 7 others like this.
  6. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Cheerkillers are really good
    they offer easy access for CC-capable troops, templates and most importantly MSV2

In tunguska they fight for the role with puppets and puppets are still heads better because puppets are insane; but I'd seriously consider them for a second list when the opponent is someone that can kill the puppet master without effort (HGL, emily, impersonator, cadmus)

Also girl Suicide Squad morlocks are already awesome proxies before the models are released

7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

From what I see there's a lot of MA and Haris being handed out to various units.

My main surprise is the AP Rifle, or rather that it's not an AP Combi Rifle.

8. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

I think I like them more than puppets. They don't have the weak insta-death point, they bring 3 orders, they can act separatelly if needed. But I know I am biased, I have only seen puppets do good work in table once (only heard people talk about them, but when I played them or against them, only once did a good job stopping a saito that my enemy player trowed in a weir way against them, and luck was on my side), and what they did was stopping him for 8 orders before dying.

they don't have stealth, that might be important depending on were they can join. Also, look at the pistol she has, the AP rifle is a cheaper option than putting a Multi, or an AP combi. Why like this? because with this, that profile is the only one with AP/DA in CC, without having to pay extra for multi+cc weapon

9. Tourniquet

seems like a cost cutting option, otherwise you'd have people complaining about the overlap of rangeband between it and the multipistols and that they were paying for something they wouldnt use.

With the shotgun changes we get a bucketload more of these anyway. As for the MSV2 it's not on a meaningful weapon, the changes to MSV1 means that there are superior options for defence against smoke (and with the 15 cap the warband spam is less of a concern), and for hunting warbands again we have better options in the active, like the HM (which is also a better use of the Haris slot), Kriza, Heckler RF, all of which would be in the list anyway. If the MSV2 was on the AP rifle or the SMR was a real weapon then we'd have something that actually provides a useful option in TJC's toolbox.

10. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I've noticed the pistol, but it's still a new development, and I wonder if we'll see similar arrangements in other factions.

Tourniquet likes this.
  11. fatherboxx

You are wrong, Marksman rifle is a very real weapon, especially when smoke from zondnaut lets you choose your engagement range
    It is not a defensive option, it is for a very cheap assault team that you can throw into enemy
    HM haris is insanely expensive compared to cheerkillers
    You take kriza anyway and he is not a warband hunter, you dont want to advance his big ass too far ahead

Blackthorne, Modock, jfunkd and 2 others like this.
  12. Armihaul

what do you mean for "meaning weapon"? I think AP rifle is worse than shock marksmanship rifle due to rangebands for a MSV2

13. fatherboxx

There are already precedents of such sneaky buffs for rangebands - like 2 breaker pistols on every Zuyong giving them 3 dice that hit on BTS in 0-8 or twin multi pistols on Wild Bill to compliment his basic-ass rifle
    But I think with cheerkillers it is more likely that someone did a concept art with pistols and the profile was built on that

14. Tourniquet

That it has no real place, both the redfury and spitfire are better, and TJC and nomads at large have no problems putting down the stuff that the SMR is effective against and with all the other options for shock available to us it gets lost in the noise. it also doesnt compare favourably to any of its competing profiles (Heckler, APMR puppet bot, any spitfire or MK12 platform).
    Additionally, like the SMG the SMR is a weapon that needs a good beating from the nerf bat if not straight up deleted.

While AP rifle loses a bit of range when compared to the SMR it picks up a hell of a lot more utility in that AP is a rarer and far more useful ammo type (and thats with out going into multipistols), combined with super jump it will be able to maneuver into range easy enough especially under smoke cover from other list elements to put down harder targets. With ODD moving to part of the mimetism skill means you will be unlikely to burn it off (this is pure conjecture based off of current rules at this point) so the need for for a weapon that sees through vis mods and wont immediately bounce off the target, and with the increased focus on HI and TAGs we've seen them push lately this will be far more desirable.

Theyre also insanely effective, maneuverable and harder to put down than some random 1W line infantry.

nazroth likes this.
  15. Armihaul

well, nomads have a bit of scarce MSV2, and a bit of enought multi rifles out there. Putting the second MSV2 in nomads in a AP rifle seems a bit underwelming to me. I think the SMR will be more useful to hunt TO, midfield ODD and some camos than an AP. But yes, SMR is worse than spitfire, redfury or MK12...but we have allready lots of those options, and more SWC weapons is not something useful for nomads. TJC has a lot of problems, some of them related with warbands, and this unit might help while replacing securitates

but HM are more than twice the cost, so of course they should be more though, but both units are maneuverable

Modock likes this.
  16. fatherboxx

Msv2 shock is a nightmare for mk2 sniper and Noctifier

17. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

and Zhencha (my go-to guy) will suffer again against that nasty profile :o

the huanglong likes this.
  18. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hey, more Deployment zone defense is never bad for TJC. Haris seems interesting, will have to see all their linking capabilities. MSV2 super jumping is situational, but never bad.

19. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that thinks that due to the new Cover rules, SuperJump is much less useful? You are never getting somebody out of cover now...

Tourniquet likes this.
  20. fatherboxx

Superjump is more or less useless thanks to elimination of falling damage (and superjump ignoring it) altogether

Tourniquet and Hecaton like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation