1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqq vs JSA the endles battles begin

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Kumatake81, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Kumatake81

Kumatake81 Well-Known Member

Battle Report 21st August 2020

Mission: Power Pack, 300 Points, including SpecOps

Opponents:

JSA List:

PowerPack 21.8.
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1 9 1 1
    KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    KEMPEI (Multispectral Visor L2) Shock Marksman Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
    YURIKO ODA Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 24)
    KEISOTSU HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 17)
    KEISOTSU Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 9)
    KEISOTSU (Infinity Spec-Ops) (12 XP) (Forward Deployment L1, Minelayer, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    YOJIMBO Contender, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 21)
    KARAKURI Mk12, Chain Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 43)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)
    RYŪKEN (Forward Deployment L2, ODD) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 24)

GROUP 2 4 1
    RYŪKEN (Forward Deployment L2, ODD) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

The Lu Duan was disguised as a Pangguling EVO-Hacker

Haqqislam

Hassassin Bahram
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1 10
    ASAWIRA Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 43)
    ASAWIRA Doctor Plus (MediKit) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 39)
    MUYIB (X Visor) Heavy Rocket Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
    MUYIB (Infinity Spec-Ops) (11 XP) (Doctor Plus, Engineer) Rifle, Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust, Jammer / D-Charges, Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    MUYIB Lieutenant Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher (Normal and Smoke Ammo.) / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 23)
    MUYIB (Fireteam: Haris) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    MUYIB (X Visor) Heavy Rocket Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
    LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    AL-DJABEL Rifle + Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW, Knife. (0 | 35)
    FIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 31)

GROUP 2 3 3
    MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)

6 SWC | 300 Points

The table:

01_table flo.jpg

02_table flo.jpg

JSA won the initiative roll and chooses to keep deployment, forcing the Haqqislam troops to deploy first on the blue/red side of the table. Because of the better defence against the area between the two own deployment zones.

Haqq choose to go second with the idea to have the ability to swing the game in their favour. I guess I was quite confident, that I will be able to weather the upcoming alfa-strike due to quite solid deployment

Deployment Haqqisam:

The 5-men-link was deployed on Haqqs left hand side because this seemed to be the side granting more cover for 5 models. To be able to also contest the right antenna the Haris link (Muyib Haris; Muyib (HRL) and Leila) got deployed on the right side of the two deployment zones. Leila staying in a building and the Muyibs covering some lanes which are in their range bands.
    One Muttawiah was deployed on the left tableedge granting him total cover but also being able to use his jammer as defensive tool against an attack the other two got deployed in the same manner on the right side in case something is coming from this side. Both behind walls with little to no angle to shoot at them from outside of chainrifle range.
    The Fiday found his way on a rooftop prone – forgetting that he can be seen from ground level even though he is prone.
    Al-Djabel was hold in reserve and got placed near the central objective to secure it and potentially threaten the JSA 5-men-plus-link team.
    04_deploy Haqq1 flo.jpg
    05_deploy Haqq2 flo.jpg
    13_table JSA middle.jpg

Deployment JSA:

The Link Team on the right side, covering the long fire lane with the HMG Keisotsu inside the Building and the Kempei MSV2 behind cover on the roof. Ready to advance towards the right antenna and prepared to fight and hopefully decimate the Asawira Core link. Yojimbo was positioned on the right side too, to move forward and set the crazy koalas to standby, getting reloaded by the Pangguling next to him. The Ryuken from the second group is deployed in front of the link team, covering its advance with his mine. The Rui Shi and the Lu Duan were on the left side, with the Warcor and the Karakuri (to advance to the middle Antenna). A Ryuken on the first floor of the pagoda and the Ninja in HD next to the left Antenna.

11_JSA deploy left.jpg 12_JSA deploy right.jpg 10_Ninja in HD.jpg

Overview of the deployment
    03_deployment overview.jpg

Top of 1st turn JSA:

Yojimbo moves up the board with his impetuous order and sets up the two koalas in standby one near the 5 men-link one near the impersonation marker.
    Yojimbo replenishes his Coalas with a Pangguling and then moves up the board, to clear the Muyib Heavy Rocket Launcher on the first floor. This would have made the unharmed advance of the SpecOps with heavy flamethower to a position possible where he could have attacked the 5-men-link with the heavy flamer possible getting at least 3 models under the Template. Unfortunately, Yojimbo is unable to knock the Muyib down, and gets killed by the Asawira Doctor with her shotgun. (I forgot about yojimbos smoke, which would have been the much smarter solution) => change of plans.
    The core link was repositioned to face the upcoming Asawira spitfire.

32_JSA turn 1 yojimbo.jpg 33_JSA turn 1 impressions.jpg

On the left side The Rui shi moves into the Pagoda and takes cover behind a window to wait for the upcoming Muthawiah.
    The Warcor takes her chances to discover a IMP-1 marker in cover on 4s and succeeds. The Karakuri tries to finally reveal the impersonator and shoot him, but fails. Than the Warcor tries again, revealing the impersonator as a Fiday.
    Another order is spent on the Karakuri to shoot the Fiday, and due to his ARO the Crazy Koala triggers, and the Fiday is dies to the Crazy Koala.
    31_JSA turn1.jpg
    With the last two orders the Ryuken on the left goes into suppression. The Spec Ops puts down a Mine and goes prone for more Cover against the upcoming Core Link.

Bottom of 1st turn Haqq:

The Muttawiah on the right moves forward with their impetuous, facing the Rui shi, so they use their chain rifles as second short skill to damage the REM. The first one catches the Ryuken as well putting her unconscious, the Rui Shi passes the ARM roll. Rui shi does not hit one of the Mutawiah, the other passes ist ARM roll. With the two Irregular orders the Mutawiah tries to put down the Rui shi for good and finally succeeds, one of them ends up dogged but the other one stays unharmed (passing 2 ARM rolls). On the left side the Mutawiah moves into the building, and chain rifles the Ryuken, who passes her ARM roll, but does not hit the Mutawiah.

41_haqq turn 1 right side.jpg
    Core Link moves forward to attack the MSV2 Kempeitai it uses 3 orders to position, but does not get cover. During a fierce firefight (neither the Asawira nor the Kempei could hurt each other) a lucky ARO from Yoriko Oda with her Panzerfaust (crit on 18) kills the Asawira (he doesn´t pass one of the two ARM rolls). In hind side it would have been more advantageous to change the position of the Muyib (HLR) with the Assawira to get cover. To be honest, oversaw Yuriko. I think this was the most important roll in the game, completely changing the advantages.

The Core team does not break due to having Number 2 on all Muyibs. The core link repositions and the Haris moves forward to maybe threaten JSAs advance on his right side.

42_haqq turn 1 left side.jpg

Top of 2nd turn JSA:

The Lu Duan enters holo echo state.
    The Ryuken on the right side kills the Mutawiah in the house, surviving another chain rifle hit.
    The core link moves forward, Kempei on the bridge the others on the ground, to kill another member of the Haqq core team. After 2 orders of moving and another 2 of shooting the rocket launcher goes down, without doing further harm to the JSA troops. The Kempei with CoC than activates the Antenna on the right.

Lu Duan moves, gets one of his Holos shot by the Mutawiah (what did I think about that?)
    The ninja in HD attacks the remaining Mutawiah, killing him with 2nd order after surviving a chain rifle.
    Finally, the Spec Ops moves forward into a better position to cover for the Haris team. (forgetting about the second (IMP marker)

51_JSA turn 2 right side.jpg 53_JSA turn2 right side end.jpg

Bottom of 2nd Haqq:

The grenade launcher tries to spec fire the core link, but the Kempei CoC passes its dodge.
    The IMP marker Al-Djabel moves into the back of the Spec Ops and the core team, landing a shotgun on the Spec Ops hitting the HMG with the template and putting both unconscious, whilst surviving the heavy flamer from the Spec Ops. The next attack from the Al-Djabel this time with his Rifle is directed at the Kempei MSV who survives, taking better cover. During this order the Fiday is hit by an ARO from the Keisotsu Lt and goes unconscious.

61_haqq turn2 right.jpg 62_haqq turn 2 middle fiday.jpg 64_haqq turn 2 right side end.jpg

Lack of time means end of game. But to be perfectly honest Haqqs chances of getting back in the game were more than limited.

Attached Files:

Demotron, LZ35SRX and Xagul82 like this.
  2. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

I really hope this will the date when you created the list, no the number of versions XD

Of how you described the action, I think was Yojimbo who did use of the order to reload, but it should have been the "pangulin", if shoult be the model with "bagage" rules which perform the action "reload" ;) If I understand wrong, sorry :)

Koalas don't do impulse in the active turn, only as ARO. If an enemy troup declare ARO inside the CZ of a Koala, this isn`t triggered ;)

Classic... I was thinking for sure later the asawiras don't save armours XD

I'am not sure how the events exactly goes, but I'am wrong if I understand you confronted the kempetai and let Yuriko shoot you for free or was a face to face roll? Don't forget about the "light granade launcher", you can use the speculative fire and put down some targets with it if you reach the good range fo the weapon, which is relatively easy in this particular scenario because the special way to deploy ;) At least you can place smoke and show only at first half order the asawira spitfire, if the kempetai do nothing you maybe could have use the scond half order to move some guys in the core and adavance more.

I looks like it, but if you have the haris and still the rest of the core the spirfire's asawira isn't so necessary, still have two heavy rocket launcher and a marskman rifle in hands of leyla.

:)

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed reading you guys.

Better Luck next time!!

Bye

PS. With 2 fiday, if your rival choose "deploy", always choose go first ;) against hassasin is really really risky don't start the game.

Xagul82 likes this.
  3. The_Evergrey_One

The_Evergrey_One Well-Known Member

Lovely terrain and a good report! Will definitely steal the garden area idea for my future table. Where have you gotten the japanese mdf-buildings?

Demotron likes this.
  4. Kumatake81

Sure. I'm happy to have inspired you.The Japanese buildings were all designed by myself

Demotron and Urobros like this.
  5. Kumatake81

YES, thats been the date
    It was the Pangguling who spent the orders...
    That was a big mistake then...
    My oponent(HAQQ) split Burst. One on Yuriko, 3 on Kempei.
    Thats what we were discussing after the game as well.

When will you choose to go second? I might start a separat threat about this...

Demotron and Urobros like this.
  6. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Please do! We all need something constructive to talk about while we wait for N4.

Urobros and Kumatake81 like this.
  7. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

The "when the koalas can do "impulse" is something a lot of players made the mistake some time". Is one that rules I'am afraid :)

8. Xagul82

Xagul82 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input mate.

Especially the part with the CrazyKoala I guess we did this wrong the hole time[emoji37]

In the firefight between Asawira and the Kempei and Yuriko it was a ftf for Yuriko as well but she critted...

I guess you are right this list wants the alfa-strike.

Yeah using the lgl more often is a thing I should think about, but for some reason I thought it would no be good sportsmanship to rely on this, but in hinde site it a valid option!

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_I01WD mit Tapatalk

Urobros likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation