1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orginizing painting area

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Wombat85, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

Hey all,

So wife has put the foot down and told me to get it organized. I'm looking for ideas/inspiration on how other people do it. In particular how do people keep paints from different manufactures organized. Thanks.

Golem2God likes this.
  2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Have you seen the "Hobby Zone Workshop" line? They are great for organizing your paints and they even have a paint station. Look up their products on ebay and amazon and see for yourself.

3. Billy

Billy Member

EBMA Hobby do a great range of products for different paint bottle sizes as well.

4. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

I have GW project box. It contains tray for Citadel paints and space with enough height under to store PP bottles plus even higher space at side to store Vallejo and big wash bottles. Good enough for me plus it could be closed and put on shelf after.

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I have stolen a knee tall boots' box from the missus, were I can store the paint...then I have 2 tuppers, one with the brushes and the other with the wet pallette. And a cutting mat...

6. boquepasha

boquepasha ALEPH is love, ALEPH is life, ALEPH is your friend
    Warcor

I'm also trying to improve my desk organization. At the moment I've set my sights on something like this:

[​IMG]

However, I want to build it as a two door case with a cutting mat in the middle of both. I know there are some of these already available to buy, but I prefer to do it customized to my needs.

spykeside and Golem2God like this.
  7. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

You could always tell her that chaos breeds creativity:)

jherazob likes this.
  8. ThePlasticCrackBlog

Pretty sure you just need to get a new wife....

In all seriousness though, organisation is great, but I personally feel that a dedicated hobby space is a must, whether you get an office or a shed somewhere where you don't have to keep packing and unpacking. Otherwise you productivity will take a nose dive. You can get plenty of paint racks that are laser cut and mdf which are quite cheap. Alternatively having stack boxes and draws are quite useful for terrain and what not, the smaller trays are good for paints but you'll need to put a little on the top so you can find the colour fast.

TheMethOfCookingArt likes this.
  9. maru

maru Well-Known Member

UUU a Doll house XD

jherazob likes this.
  10. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Here is my painting area.

[​IMG]

Those cartridges are places into the wall mounts. Here is a picture.

[​IMG]

Keeps everything pretty organized and accessible at the same time.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation