1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foreign Company Essentials

Discussion in 'Foreign Company' started by jahzir, Aug 31, 2020.

1. jahzir

jahzir Member

Okay I picked up the Soldier of Fortune box because I really love the models. So now that I have that what do I need to get to best make use of them.

As a note I already have most of the drones available to them.

2. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I would recommend picking up some Orcs, Bolts and at least one Kriza. From there kaplans and secs are not a bad idea. You also absolutely need Valkyrie, she is an absolute beast.
    My personal approach to listbuilding with ForCo starts with the fireteams, which usually means a combination of characters with any holes plugged in by orcs/bolts/kaplans

3. jahzir

jahzir Member

Valkyrie as in the character included in the Soldiers of Fortune box? little bit confused about that.
    Bolts I do have, 1 ORC from Icestorm, and also the Kriza from Beyond Icestorm. Guess I will take a look for the ORC Box, and/or Kaplan box.
    Also what did you mean by "secs are not a bad idea"?

Thanks for the suggestions

4. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Ah yes I totally forgot she comes in the pack. The icestorm orc is actually perfect, he is the only one I own, just converted him to have an HMG instead of the rifle using an aquila.
    Secs are securitate. They make for a great budget defensive fireteam with feuerbachs, and you can fill that our with CSUs

jahzir likes this.
  5. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

Consider buying Zeros and, to a lesser extent, Croc Men and Uberfall. A Chimera with eclipse grenades is invaluable on missions like Capture and Protect. Crocs can be used as mid/long-range TO camo bullies that would overwhelm an unlinked unit without visors with negative MODs. And Zeros are just the best boys for button-pushing purposes. Cube Jaegers can also fill that role but their SWC tax makes them not that appealing.

Don't bother buying an Iguana for a sectorial where Kriza is available.

6. jahzir

jahzir Member

Thanks will keep these suggestions in mind. As for the Iguana, I might try it just for fun at some point. But I would proxy it with my szalamandra and an HMG model.

7. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Just don't bother with it full stop, that thing needs a little more polish on it's profile to be anywhere near good, Though the hacking changes may make it worth it in some builds.

8. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

The thing that many people seem to miss is that if you're playing Iguana as your attacking centerpiece you're playing it wrong. The moments when Iguana rushes to the enemy DZ like a crazy motorbike warband are the moments where it shines the most. It's essentially an expendable alpha strike unit meant to spew out the order-generating operator into safety once destroyed. When building a roster with it, you have to have a second attack piece ready to take its place, and in these scenarios Iggy is wonderful.

The reason why I advise against using it in ForCo specifically is that there are little to no cost-effective second attack pieces. Kriza and Orcs are expensive so the only remaining alternatives are Bolt Spitfire, Kaplan Spitfire, and maybe Akali Spitfire. So while other armies like Corregidor or QK can at least squeeze in some additional firepower while also backing it up with cheap orders, Iggy in ForCo almost certainly dooms you to a single combat group.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  9. NachoCola

NachoCola Member

I almost always take an Akal and a Crocman, which adds versatility and attack options. I like to hold the croc as my reserve and then counter deploy him against an attack piece to kill off early. Saving the akal in group 2 in order to move to group 1 in a later turn. I've killed so many LTs with Akal spitfire or BSG, including Joan by shooting her in the back. It's also hard to leave home without two zeros, so cheap and amazing.

10. Panzerschwein

Panzerschwein Well-Known Member

I love repeater Iggy. That was my N3 LI List. With N4 we lose the bolts.

A!Team
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10
    Corelink
    HANNIBAL Lieutenant (Strategic Deployment, Strategos L1) MULTI Marksman Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 41)
    VALKYRIE Heavy Shotgun, Grenades / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 35)
    SEÑOR MASSACRE Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0 | 26)
    LAXMEE Hacker (UPGRADE: Maestro) Submachine Gun + Pitcher, Cybermines, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    BOLT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 23)

IGUANA HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 75) [​IMG]
    IGUANA OPERATOR HMG / Pistol, Knife. ()
    PATHFINDER DRONBOT Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    4.5 SWC | 300 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

11. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

I'm not sure where he posted it but,
    image0.png

Panzerschwein likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation