1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[April], come she will...

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Primo

Primo Well-Known Member

Why not? it will be fun, or at least that's what everyone not losing anything told me a bout the JSA split, although I still don't know where is the fun in losing a third of my models

Or those who left the game entirely tired of being constantly fucked for the sake of fun

2. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

I'd rather go for QK to seperate. Their piratey and MERCy style doesnt fit in with Haqqs values all too well.

The fun is, that you can still play with your stuff and get new things for both Yu Jing and JSA. On top of this, I think that every Faction hast o give up a sectorial at some point. 4 Sects are just to much to balance for Vanilla factions I guess.
    Is it cool to loose the profiles for your main faction then....no. But as I already said, there are new ones on the way to compensate for that, which means new possibilities to play your factions.
    Maybe you finally come to like JSA after that break....I hope you will.

That is indeed an issue...I have even noticed that across factions. Those were times, when there were 4 unique sculpts.

#762 emperorsaistone, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    xagroth and Melchior like this.
  3. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

And everybody was complaining about inconsistency in scale, sculpting quality, proportions between different sculptors, long times before models got released and sometimes difficult assembly.

You cannot have everything.

Icchan, Dragonstriker, saint and 6 others like this.
  5. Principal

Principal Member

I don't play Yu Jing, but I can't say that I'm too stoked about this. Would've preferred if the JSA remained with Yu Jing as a loyalist faction while the Non-aligned armies got a rebel faction with some unique units. That way the Japanese is still playable in the Asian army while another option exists for those who wants that extra fluff. I get the thing about advancing the plot and all that, but not if it means messing with the existing Yu Jing player base and complicating things for the new players. This is of course assuming that vanilla Yu Jing can't access the Japanese units: if the units remain but the sectorial is moved then I don't think I have too much of a problem with it. Guess we'll see how it turns out.

Shiwen likes this.
  6. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

I do think this in an interesting point actually for balance, atm I feel after Tunguska comes out if Nomads get any more stuff the variety in vanilla will overshadow any benefit of a sectorial, I already think that vanilla in most factions is just stronger than a sectorial due to access to way more unit choice and sectorials are more for gimick themed lists. Black hand being only other faction for them, but that could just be a non aligned mix faction like druze mixing mercs and pan-o tech with 1-2 new things.

I think corvus is trying to address this with giving sectorials exclusive profiles and more interesting link options, but I wonder if they feel they have to hold back on some factions sectorials cause when the faction gets like 6 of them they cannot add much flavour to the new ones in fear of just giving vanilla way too much strength.

I think yu jing will keep a portion of JSA troops for vanilla and ISS, mainly ninjas and oniwabans and in reality mainly just lose access to shinobu and yuriko which sucks as a yu jing player but I play both JSA and Yu Jing so ill be happy if it lets them flesh out and power up JSA more without fear of bloating vanilla too much.

7. emperorsaistone

Yes we can, because it is possible to deliver 4 different sculpts. It just has to be done. I am aware, that it would come with a price increase, but it can be done nonetheless.

And well, the issue with diffcult assembly isnt rooted out yet. You cant imagine how much the RV Tuareg and and one of the Ghulam made me swear during assembly.

I hope that Yu Jing will keep some profiles, but fear that the seperation will be complete. That will give them room, to alter profiles for more playability without stepping on the toes of another one. Think of Zanshi here.

I can only speak for Haqq, but Vanilla is really in a good place when it comes to competitiveness compared to its sectorials. But as you said, with special Link options and profiles, you can keep that at bay. What you can not is profile bloat. Haqq has already more so many of them, that even after two and a half years of playing, I havent even come close to try every possible approach in listbuilding and strategy. I dont mind that, I like variety and complexity, but the large number of possibilities makes it far easier to let them slip through something too good during playtesting. And I think that CB has realized that during the development of the new Sects.

#767 emperorsaistone, Mar 2, 2018
  8. Primo

Primo Well-Known Member

There is still a lot of scale inconsistency just compare the SMG of the Bashi Bazouk with the on from the Alfasid or any man with a woman, and their tailor made equipment

Abrilete and xagroth like this.
  9. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

I think it's two-fold:

* Reining in factions with outlier sectorials that boast a drastically different playstyle, that dilute the restrictions of the vanilla faction.

* Moving Sectorials to non aligned armies to make space for future sectorials that more closely resemble the focus of the faction.

Which I why I believe at some point we'll see the millitary orders go full templar to make space for Varuna or Sval.
    Weird sort of CC knight sectorial in a faction that can't really deliver on it, split 'em off and give them tools they need to do that job properly without warping the vanilla faction.

#769 Superfluid, Mar 2, 2018
    Dragonstriker, eciu and Abrilete like this.
  10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Newer miniatures are "broken" into 2-3 big pieces and some ancillaries, like Knauf (legs, torso, arm, arm), Tarik Mansoury (legs, torso with coat, backpack, head, arm, arm) or the new morlocks (the girls I think are broken into legs, torso, head and upper torso, with not-katana having the arms merged there).

11. kepkeilen

kepkeilen Well-Known Member

If someone is splitting from Haqq over over values then its going to be Khanate before QK. QK maintains pirates and mercs for protecting their business and sometimes necessary evil. On the other hand Khanate are pure chaos to the core. QK is home to a bunch of core Haqq units like Jannissary and Djans. Lorewise they have the Haqq economy running meaning Haqq government wouldn't go into moral arguments with them either as long as they can help it. The Khanate are much more of a wildcard compared to them.

Also the Druze are already in NA2 and QK has a lot in common with them. As far as design is concerned, I doubt it would look that nice to have another so similar sectorial in NA2 when there are many other possible options.

12. emperorsaistone

I have yet to try the new assembly method models. But if that makes the old assembly issues a thing of the past we all gained a lot. Just last weekend we did a hobby day and there was a new player who is on the brink to stop Infinity before he even started, because of huge problems with the assembly. I helped him, so he can play small games now, but unless I build most of his models, I fear he will drop out at some point. And nobody wants that.
    If assembly is getting far easier, CB can gain a lot of fresh blood who isnt that savy with crafting skills.

13. NickNick

NickNick Well-Known Member

Supporting the NA2 with new armies also opens up the possibilities for completely new nations, companies or whatever might field armed troops that wouldn’t add much in a way like a superpower in ways of gameplay or fluff but work well being their own unique sectorial.
    While the Druze society is more or less a best off of existing models with 2-3 unique gimmicks the JSA will be a complete redesign of the existing JSA, not completely new but leading its own troops into the field. A place her could work well for the likes of O12, possibly Equinox or, until they finally get anything new, Tohaa.

xagroth likes this.
  14. mothman

15. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

This is not scale inconsistency, guns are proportional to body by design choice, yes, we could go back to tiny combi rifles in the hands of HI and huge HMGs on the hands of female soldiers, but that while consistent and kinda realistic, was not well received.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  16. NickNick

NickNick Well-Known Member

And there goes my money.... do I really need two kidneys?

Belgrim, reaper1714 and Abrilete like this.
  17. emperorsaistone

And then again, I sweared "dammit CB!" when I assembled the Bahram Farzan, because her weapon was considerably smaller than the standard Rifle. A thing I dindnt notice on the RV Ghulam.
    But well, if the majority likes it more the other way round, complaining wont do anything...and dont get me wrong, I love this game and the minis. Its just that there is always something that could be done better.

Btw...that box is awesome. Gonna add some tutoring lessons to afford that thing. CB strikes again!

#777 emperorsaistone, Mar 2, 2018
    Melchior likes this.
  18. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Brawler, finally! She looks nice, but now I don't know if CB will release a 4-model box or what, because the Brawler has AVA 4.
    The new Oniwaban is veeery cool, I love it. And I also like the new Spec-Ops.

19. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

It's a preorder exclusive, why should it affect releases in any way?

Smiler likes this.
  20. mothman

I have a feeling Corvus sped up the release in response to leaks, which is a decision I agree with, if things leak you might as well ramp up the speed of showing stuff to keep control of hype train, rather than just showing up more 1-2 pages of outlines for 2 weeks.

Always have a contingency plan of a faster teasing schedule should things leak, people will be happier finding out sooner and being told "its out in 2 months" than being dripped info they know for 1 month with a "its out next month". I think Corvus handled the leaks well.

Monkeysloth and Abrilete like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation