1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Betrayal - spoiler free

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Got to have a read of Betrayal today

• Was solid, but I think Outrage was better. Storyline was simpler and mostly just action oriented whereas Outrage was a bit more complex, and had a bit more in terms of heavier themes behind it. Betrayal was fun in the way Ant Man was a fun movie, but Logan was something special.
    • Didn't really answer the questions I thought it was going to answer about Ko Dali, mostly just raised more questions
    • Portrayed CA in a much different light than I expected
    • After reading this I wouldn't be adverse to the next graphic novel being set in CA society with Ko Dali as the reader's main POV character

I have one complaint to Victor Santos and it is this: during a very badass scene involving a Guijia literally asserting T-Pose dominance against the CA, he has revealed something about these two ports on the rear of the TAG

[​IMG]

They are in fact a pair of powerful explosive thrusters capable of launching the Guijia at high speed through the air. He has set a very high expectation that this TAG should have Super Jump.

@Bostria @Koni You are on notice that if come September my TAG, of which I have 3 copies of, does not get Super Jump I'm starting a goddamn riot in here and I expect every self respecting Yu Jing player to join me.

2. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Taking into consideration those same "things" are present in other armors like the HacTao armor, I want my SuperJumping TO HMG as well!

Golem2God likes this.
  3. Triumph

I mean that'd be one way to apply the ARM/BTS/CC discount and keep the Hac Tao in the same price bracket.

4. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I guess a comic book drawer (and or writer) has some story-telling freedom. This thing look to small to give the Guijia a thrust to propel in the air very high. Maybe it is a Super Jump (Disposable 1) :thinking_face:

Demotron and Golem2God like this.
  5. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Will it offend lovers of Yu Jing?

6. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I read it, and have the same assessment as you, @Triumph . I liked it, but not as much as Outrage, even given that this one featured more of my favorite faction (Combined Army). What I *did* like was it showed the complexity on the Combined Army side of the war; the EI's control is not absolute, I always imagined, at least in warzones, that things were more tightly controlled by the EI.

I wish it had explained a bit more about how Protheion works or what it does, considering both Ko Dali and Nourkias show up. Also, Nourkias acts like a fucking edgelord fedora tipper; you could have appended "m'lady" to most of his lines and it would have made sense. But we knew that about Umbras.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Triumph

I mean they are a race of actual chuunibyous it's in character for them

8. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The most unrealistic part of the comic IMO was that there's still Uyghurs 180 years in the future, at the rate IRL China is killing them off.

csjarrat, Golem2God, Teleute and 2 others like this.
  9. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

This was a modified Guijia with two Panzerfausts shoved up there to let it rocket jump.

Golem2God and Willen like this.
  10. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

So a Rocket-Tao would get AD?

I mean, if a couple Panzers can make a Guija jump, they should make the ´tao fly!

11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

While I won't get my hopes up for anything, CB did basically force the writer to re-write a small part of the Outrage comic when one of the main characters was portrayed as having any chance at all versus a Pan-O knight in melee.

Golem2God likes this.
  12. Triumph

Sad but true.

13. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

But it was PanO, the space marine faction, the main seller, the blue baby. So yeah, YJ can get teased and shafted all the way.

Benkei likes this.
  14. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Thanks for review. I'm still waiting for my copy and I have high hopes for that graphic novel.

Also don't forget super jump skill for Xi Zhuang. He has the same backpack as Guijia and Hac Tao.

Willen likes this.
  15. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Well the TAGs may have thrusters to help with mobility that would slow down or wear down the TAG, it is not higher than anything a TAG would in game would not be able to ignore from the silhouette, so not a Superjump but a normal mobility aid.

A Mão Esquerda and Cthulhu363 like this.
  16. Triumph

I don't want to say exactly what is happening because it'd spoil the situation a bit, but the Guijia is definitely depicted from going ground level to airborne to smash some fools. These things aren't just helping it run fast they're full on propelling it through the air.

17. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

This was one of my favourite parts. It represented servo-armoured HI as the unstoppable juggernauts they've been described as and I always wished they played.

18. Triumph

[​IMG]

Recovered WarCor footage of a Guijia squadron preparing to attack

19. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Loved it.

I'm hoping Defiance or Aristeia! gets a novel next.

20. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Looking at the comic all I can say is, please bring back the braids for Imperial Agents and Dao Fei, although I know it won't happen in these days of copy/paste CAD. It really gave Yu Jing a particular style.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation