1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Morat list

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Papa_Legba, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Papa_Legba

Papa_Legba Member

Hi everybody!
    After few years of Infinity games, the time to play MAF finally arrived.
    I developed the following list trying to balance aggression (obviously), button pushers and a bit of defence (this one thought to behave like in Onyx, with the E buffing the flash pulsers going second).
    The core is my main attack unit, paired by the buffed Q.
    The Rasyat is the precision strike piece, jumping at 16 in the enemy DZ. Equipped with eclipse and being a CC beast, maybe he could help to eliminate Kamau style troopers. Or he can be an annoying issue to solve for my opponent.
    If would be necessary to dislodge any roof stalker, Sat-lock, FOs and Spotlight can help throwing some spec granades from zerat or vanguard grenade launcher.
    Going first, I have a couple of troops with mines, able to put a better threat for my opponent's first turn.
    I like a lot the ability of the Zerat killer to cybermask herself, being more difficult to catch in my reactive turn.

I'd like to know what you think about it!

Morat Aggression Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    ZERAT (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, Grenades, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    E-DRONE Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 28)
    MORAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 14)
    MORAT (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    MORAT Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 18)
    RAKTORAK (NCO) Vulkan Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    SURYAT (Tactical Awareness) HMG + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 48)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    KURGAT Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    M-DRONE Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
    ZERAT Hacker (EI Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    Q-DRONE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    RASYAT Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 28)
    5.5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

#1 Papa_Legba, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    redeemer likes this.
  2. Hey Yella

Hey Yella Active Member

I think the list looks good. You have two groups that have nice offensive capabilities and some board control with the Zerats. Looks solid.

Papa_Legba and Rekar Kassidy like this.
  3. Toalpaz

Toalpaz Well-Known Member

- Zerat fo in G1
    - Kurgat in G2
    - M-Drone in G2
    You get 56 pts
    + Oznot Hunting Sensor
    + Ikadron
    + Ikadron

+ R-Drone
    You spend 55 pts

You get a g-sync impetus smoke grenade guy and sniffer and another order (!2! extra orders). You lose one of the worst engineers in the game and a redundant FO.
    You probably are fine with dr worm, e drone, killer hacker, and raktorak. You would benefit more from 6/4 smoke and 6/6 sniffer and 2 more orders.

E: damn I can't read properly. Hrm... Maybe a daturazi.....?

#3 Toalpaz, Aug 15, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  4. Rekar Kassidy

Rekar Kassidy New Member

#4 Rekar Kassidy, Aug 17, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  5. Papa_Legba

Papa_Legba Member

I'm not a great fan of Dr Worm outside Onyx.
    Why do you think Kurgat is a bad unit? I like them 'cause of the mines... They are average engineers, maybe better than those in other factions.
    I find having a lonely infiltrator a bit dangerous, especially if it doesn't have marker state, minelayer or perimetral (I'm firstly a Nomad and I love my Morans ). The zerat FO and the Kurgat are my only mine dispensers.
    The Oznat is an interesting unit, I'd like to test it, but it's pricey. Also, she can't target a model while using sensor. I know spec fire is an order intensive strategy, but sometimes it can be useful.

6. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

it looks like a great first list but I would consider bringing a witch-soldier for smoke and some sort of detection MSV or a sensor to deal with camo and to prevent getting shot to pieces while advancing, but that's is totally up to you for the first few games I would recommend playing in the 150-200 range so you can get used to the myriad of rules of infinity.

7. Papa_Legba

Papa_Legba Member

Oh, I'm not a new player, I'm just a new Morat player :grinning:
    For camo hunting I have the M, which is also multiterrain respect other FO rems. Maybe it's not enough but, paired with E, it could sat-lock what I can't see and grenades can help.
    In my meta I have a lot of jammers and erasers, so it's possible that I focused too much on aggression thanks to morat skill.
    I like witch soldiers a lot, but I can't find a spot in this list for them.
    Maybe I could drop the Kurgat and an ikadron for a couple of them?

redeemer likes this.
  8. Toalpaz

Toalpaz Well-Known Member

Oh my bad, I thought you had doctor worm in there too. The reason why he's good is that he's a doctor for like, 4 more points than the kurgat. The kurgat pays a bunch of points for mine, morat rule, and mk. 12. You just don't really need that on an engineer so he's a bit expensive. Feel free to do what you want, but it's definitely not an optimal unit considering the utility of picking people up well as a doctor.

The zerat's can't really act as infiltrators do because they aren't camo units. It's better to think of them as FD guys and deploy them within 4-8 inches of your deployment, across from their OBJs. For that reason I think its fine not to buy groups of them, as they can't really defend themselves in a group and you're just putting more somewhat expensive models in vulnerable positions.

Yeah, you can't 'sensor' and attack in the same order, but she's still a good attack piece with sensor attached. She doesn't need speculative fire either to be good, usually it's enough to targetless fire smoke to maneuver. Her preta can move around corners and chain rifle skirmishers she reveals too. Its good!

9. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Alright, I'm gonna bite the bullet here: Why are you paying 3 points for TA if you're gonna have an NCO in the team anyways? You can just make the Suryat the lt and use the LT order on the raktorak.

If you want to deal with camo, you can take those 3 points you saved on the suryat and upgrade de zerat to a red fury. Mines+Big gun means you can force bad decisions on your opponent's midfield. Either that or invest in some daturazi. Smoke+Intuitive attack is a neat way to solve camo issues.

I can't say I like any kind of heavy weapon on vanguards, but that is my personal experience. I usually go for rodoks as my 'actually move forward and kill stuff' fireteam.

Devil_Tiger likes this.
  10. Papa_Legba

Papa_Legba Member

I like the 17 points Kurgat 'cause he has mines and he is Morat. I usually don't care to use Doctors, I find it a loss of orders, but I agree sometimes it's useful. When I play Onyx Doc Worm is , of course, auto inclusive. I understand your point on Zerat, but I found difficult to not have midfielder. The Oznat is very attractive, I'm going to try her soon. Thanks for the advice

11. Papa_Legba

Papa_Legba Member

I find useful having two more orders on the link. Maybe you are right about SWC on vanguard, but I'm used to play LI with lgl as a backup option in hard situations. About Zerat, your opinions about them are making me think on their use. Thanks

DaRedOne likes this.
  12. BlazyCrane

BlazyCrane Active Member

Maybe this is just my downfall as a list builder. But I never like running too many drones in MAF as it can be a vulnerability with LoL. They just don't seem to fit since the Morat rule makes loss of Leiutenant less of a bother to your units. The drones are the few units that are affected by LoL which can probably happen often since MAF have many aggressive LT options as @DaRedOne pointed making the Suryat hmg in the link the LT. If I use drones usually stop myself at three tops and never the E drone, a Rodok Killer hacker is cheaper in swc and points and lets you field your drones all the same.

I would keep the 2 ikadrons and either the M for another button pusher or the Q for its deadliness and alpha strike capabilities.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation