1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible PanO buff?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by MikeTheScrivener, Aug 15, 2020.

1. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Hello everyone,

allow me to theorycraft for a moment. I understand what i am about to post makes a number of assumptions on an edition change we don't know a whole lot about. maybe they even touched a bit on this in the seminar and i missed it.

We all saw this revealed:
    3TxJMIA.jpg

What caught my eye was the bit about Gizmo kits. (Ph=11). From this, we can extrapolate that Tags will repair themselves after being hit by a gizmo kit on a PH-3 save. And assuming a gizmo-kit is standard equipment for an engineer, ala medkit for paramedic/doctor - this may end up being a pretty decent buff to PanO engineers on a whole. This means that from the unconscious state, our engineers are 5-15% more likely to pick our TAGs back up. why pay for WIP when you can have nano-bots do your job for you? Lack of a command token reroll (assuming that sticks around) of course is mitigated by the fact that PanO TAGS have two unconscious states (also assuming that stays). There's quite literally no reason not to use a gizmo kit the first you attempt to fix your TAG.

pretty neat!

Urobros and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

First of all it's not guaranteed that we will have gizmos ;P It's PanO you are speaking about.

Second just mechanical thing: with Gizmo:(PHxx) you don't really need another modifier (-3) on gizmo itself, it's just redundant rule. This means that new Hassasins tag has always PH11 when he rolls for gizmo.

Third thing is that I expect all TAGs to have gizmo traits even if their own factions/sectorial has no access to gizmos.

Superfluid likes this.
  3. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

More importantly, look at the costing on that thing!

We might be in for some big discounts on our TAGs if that pricing structure holds across the board.

4. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Actually with what they said in the presentation, if gizmo has a -3 then they're on an 8. It just dictates a new base stat, not a final target number.

Urobros likes this.
  5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Echh....

And if there is a "gizmo skill" why do we need another modifier WHICH ALWAYS goes with gizmo ? Why not streamline this and combine gizmo equipment penalty into "gizmo:(PHxx)" skill ?

emperorsaistone and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  6. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Apparently the Shakush doesn't carry a GizmoKit. The "GizmoKit(Phi-=11)" skill just means that his phys is 11 when someone else uses a GizmoKit on him. And it's a "skill" that all TAGs will have because their Phys is so high.

7. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

The seminar stated that every TAG gets a GizmoKit basline stat and I assume the initial assumption of it being PH-3 looks good.
    Different TAGs might get better or worse GizmoKit baseline and I'm somewhat optimistic PanO is going to be distinctly above average on that one.

There's about 0 chance the Machinist won't have a Gizmo kit and can't attempt to revive a Jotum with a 75% BS roll followed by a >60% chance to put it back up.

I'm a little concerned about the 6-2 Movement on that Haqq TAG though.
    That doesn't look like a particularily slow TAG, might be the new baseline, meaning TAGs are going to slow down in terrain by a lot.

8. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

They also explicitly said that not every Engineer gets a Gizmo Kit.

9. LZ35SRX

LZ35SRX Well-Known Member

I suspect it's because Shakush is not really a TAG, more of a Ratnik, i.e. a powered suit. Haqq aren't as good at technology and minituarisation as PanO in the lore, so that MOV value is probably to represent that. After all, Shakush is an S6 tag. Though obviously I could be wrong and all TAGs are slower now.

10. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Pretty sure that's going to be the less orthodox ones, i.e. the Monstrucker.
    With the PanO dude and a Jotum getting used as the example for the video, I highly doubt the Machinist is going to be in the no Gizmo Kit group.

colbrook likes this.
  11. Toalpaz

Toalpaz Well-Known Member

Other light tags have movement penalties. Look to the Overdron and Xeondron for example. It also seems to be costed in line with other light tags too. I do not anticipate the prices of tags changing dramatically, I just think Mov 6/4, bs 15, armour 7, and 8 are fairly expensive.

12. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Gecko has shitty MOV value, and is probably more similar level of tech as Haqq. So I wouldn't worry about PanO TAGs.

colbrook likes this.
  13. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

Just wait for the Tech Bee to pack a Gizmokit and the rage that will follow...

Thandar and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  14. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I'm pretty optimistic for TAGs in this new edition - though a huge downside could be the now wide-spread regular hacking device

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation