1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 Changes

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Its rude at the very least. Lets stick to more constructive criticism.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

So's duping me into buying a Shikami stillhaven'tforgiventhemforthatone

theradrussian and Hecaton like this.
  3. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Honestly this comment is so revolting you should be banned

4. Triumph

Hang on let me get my hate symbol posts in first!

[​IMG]

Take that, libtards!

theradrussian likes this.
  5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

You call the guys making this game "coke addled Spaniards", then you try to put the blame on us for considering you a rude ass at the very least? Surely you didn't call them "coke addled Spaniards" and we just imagined it

#205 Benkei, Aug 15, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  6. Death

Death Well-Known Member

The Shikami was always decent. Its hardly an unplayable unit. Its just not an order efficient unit to use. But then, if you want perfect cost/order efficiency you shouldn't be playing JSA anyway.

Unless your still complain about JSA units leaving Yu Jing. In which case, man that wound never heals....

7. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

The Shikami was a YJ unit for... 3 months? That's what he means, and he is right, but that doesn't give him the right to insult people

8. Triumph

[​IMG]

9. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Yup. lol I guess I can't relate to being salty for years over the lost of JSA units.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  10. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

The problem with the Shikami isn't the loss of JSA as a whole, but the fact that they released the Shikami shortly before the uprising, knowing it was happening, and advertsided him to Yu Jing players as if nothing was happening.

For players who may have played YJ without dipping heavily into the JSA side of thing, they could have bought a model made with the full intent of them never being able to actually use it. It was clearly dealing in bad faith on CB's part.

Hecaton, Benkei and LaughinGod like this.
  11. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Ah that is pretty shit. I'd want a refund.

12. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

The fact that the shikami was released in Yu Jing colours, in stark contrast to just about every JSA unit before it made me feel like japanese integration was going in the other direction. I wanted it to be that way but it was a different way.

Hecaton and LaughinGod like this.
  13. REND

REND Well-Known Member

I'm a bit amazed and depressed by this thread.

Although likely in the minority I won't be affected the new model cap. I preferred limited insertion style lists anyway so this suits me fine. I can understand the frustrations and displeasure of those from other factions (such as Ariadna) due to very limited options for expensive models and rather too many pricey but not too useful units that would still fall short of making a 15 or less force.

The change to the oblivion hacking program seems unnecessary but I can't say the issue wasn't there in N3. The potential existed then in some the same way it will in N4. Despite this i never had game where this threat was realised, nor saw or heard of any examples. Failing a face-to-face roll was likely going to result in an isolated model even in N3 (BTS 6 was still only going to result in a 50% chance of passing the saving roll) but getting to that failed face-to-face roll just always seemed to be too much effort for my opponents or just went wrong. So it wasn't a pursued tactic. Far better to just gun stuff down and permanently decrease the order pool and options for missions.

If HI are getting cheaper then that's welcome, it likely won't be enough for me but then again, the change to crit's is pretty significant and I haven't really processed how much of a difference that's going to make. (Given how erratic my saving throws usually are.) Knowing that I won't have to worry about auto-wounds due to a lucky roll from my opponents is welcome enough for me.

LaughinGod likes this.
  14. Triumph

The big difference in N3 is that it requires HD+ and AHDs, and combined orders needed an EVO. So Oblivion was relatively rare in the first place, and it was super unlikely you ever ran into the issue of eating a combined order Oblivion.

That all changes in N4. AHD carriers like the Fraacta appear to be carrying HDs instead, and Oblivion has propogated to regular hacking devices. On top of that you don't need the EVO to coordinate hack anymore.

15. the huanglong

Slowpoke here, what happened to oblivion

16. REND

REND Well-Known Member

It got AP ammo added to it. Everything else stayed the same it seems, just harder to save against.

the huanglong likes this.
  17. Triumph

AHDs are now HDs

HDs now have Oblivion (also Carbonite)

Oblivion gained AP ammo for reasons unknown

You don't need EVOs to coordinate hacking attacks anymore

theradrussian and the huanglong like this.
  18. the huanglong

Can you reset out of Isolated state yet?

19. Triumph

Unknown, expected that you can. The big problem is hackable LTs are basically dead profiles now, especially the ones with leadership skills like Sun Tze. Very difficult (read: close to impossible) to ward off a coordinated alpha strike and it has very high percentages of succeeding.

the huanglong likes this.
  20. Anansi

Anansi Achilles' Thigh Oiler

I remember they said something about changing the lieutenant rules to make LoL less of a death sentence. You're operating off the assumption that officers will work the same way in N4 as N3--hacking, too. All we've got are preconceptions and a few crumbs, and those crumbs are pointing to Corvus trying to tilt the balance of power in favor of heavy infantry. There's the limited model count, range buffs to engineers, and all that crap they did to critical strikes. Those changes alone will make heavy infantry a dominant presence on the battlefield.

But you don't want to go too far. Hackers are supposed to be the counter to HI, so if some idiot decides to run a HI heavy list without first gaining cyber control, then fuck 'em. They deserve to lose. Straight up.

Think of it like aerial dominance. Sure, you might have the best damn tank on the battlefield, but that won't mean shit when the enemy sends a bunker buster through your windshield.

#220 Anansi, Aug 15, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    Tourniquet likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation