1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 Changes

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

I dunno, this just seems like another form of Lt assassination that needs to be played around. All the tools to fight it are already there.

Cthulhu363 and Tourniquet like this.
  2. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Some of us need to relieve our stress by ranting upon our keyboard(or maybe the phone? idk) on a regular basis, I can somewhat relate to that.

But also I can't negate the fact that I would sound ridiculously ridiculous, so I try to remind myself that maybe a sprinkle of patience might help sometimes.

Chaserabinov likes this.
  3. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

But all of this circles back to the original problem: what advantages do HI/TAGs have (like really have) as unit types over other unit types to justify this extra weakness? If Hackable doesn't give a discount like Frenzy does this just means you're gimping yourself by taking Hackable units for no reason, specially if ARM keeps being basically just points bloat, as I don't think the crit change by itself is enough to make ARM worth the points.

Hecaton and theradrussian like this.
  4. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Well, with HI (seeming to at present) not getting any love my MO may well remain as a painting project and nothing more.

5. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

For sure, one of my biggest concerns with the hacking changes shown so far is the viability of non-rem hackable units going into N4.

With NWI+SI becoming ever more widely available, the value in banking on hacking vulnerability to enhance the durability and reliability of your main kill pieces is less and less viable. It's got the potential of becoming an unnecessary risk in a sea of disproportionately potent counters.

I'm not about to write troopers carrying the hackable penalty off right away, but I'm certainly weary, as it only seems they ever have more to lose.

Hecaton, theradrussian and Benkei like this.
  6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

That's the problem:
    • Certain units are uniquely vulnerable to this
    • These units have absolutely no tools to circumvent or defend against this, there is no terrain or optimal placement you can make to defend against a flying pitcher that requires no LOF to attack you
    • These units tend to be expensive and are paying for expensive stats such as extra wounds, NWI, increased durability etc that this attack ignores
    That all comes back to making them non viable which is as we've said, bad for the game. No upsides, only downsides.

Hecaton likes this.
  7. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Have you ever seen the STATS on Achilles or Joan?
    both have stealth for active and insane WIP for infinite resets against a B1 shitter with Oblivion with a good BTS to tank it
    Sun doesnt need to go ahead because he is not a combat platform and good luck trying to isolate him actively
    and if you dare to take Guija LT for some reason you are already painting a big target on it and should probably invest in CoC anyway

there is a very good reason HIs fear E/M and adhesive way more than hacking and good programs being shifted to cheaper HDs is not very likely to shift that
    you can pick a very good Guilang AHD and go try isolate Achilles right now
    or even better, in Nomads, throw a panda from Heckler under it
    those are not very order-efficent strategies when you can kill order pool instead

This is not a Yu Jing problem
    A lot of factions have the best LT choice and several less optimal choices

it is just bizarre to complain that having BEST LT in the game is bad

nazroth likes this.
  8. Triumph

You've either not actually read the rest of the discussion or misunderstood it. Go back and read it. None of what you've said, stealth, etc applies.

That is the fucking point.

We should not be pushing every Yu Jing player even further towards playing a Dao Ying every fucking game. We should not be pushing every faction towards a couple of optimal choices. Already under utilised profiles should be receiving more encouragement to see the field, not made a further liability and pushed out of the scene even more so.

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

*sigh* you're being very predictable and counter-productive. So the best solution is to consider about 70% of your LT options as viable as N3 AD LTs? Really? Is that a solution and not a design flaw to you?

You mention fearing EM more, but you realize that Oblivion is both stronger and shoots through walls, correct? Joan and Achilles will find themselves spending a lot of Short Skills Reseting - yes they're higher WIP than a Ghulam in a link but being in a link means the Ghulam ignores their Stealth so Joanchilles is forced to let the Ghulam have a 52% chance of isolating them or Reseting and thus dropping Stealth and allowing the Barid and Leila to join in.

Yes, a mook in a link has approx 50% chance of isolatin a BTS 6 unit if that unit lacks Tinbot and chooses not to provoke extra AROs by Reseting.

For reference, an EMarat has 50% chance against Joan down to 12.5% if she can Dodge with LOF and it is unlikely for such a response to carry additional consequences.
    Yes, EM has graver consequences, but is also much harder to set up and fewer armies can do it.

Hecaton and LaughinGod like this.
  10. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Welcome to any Infinity Faction, where most Lt options are garbage and you're lucky if you have something else than a Linetrooper hoping no one guesses right.

You're not running a linetrooper sitting in the backfield or a Hsien with CoC. Because why would you you have a Camo Marker with Lt L2.

LoL is a fairly shit mechanic and you're one of the better factions to ignore it. Unless LoL gets changed (doesn't look like it will judging by yesterday's video) it's good to have a Daoying.
    You could be Onyx for the best choice in Lts ever or that Alien Faction where you pay big bucks for Mnemonica just to get screwed by Isolation anyway.

11. fatherboxx

bro just pick a hexa khd in your list

12. Mahtamori

KHDs are no more according to cold-hot answers so we'll see where that goes. Still could be a bit of a coin toss for the Hexa if your opponent had a few hackers.

13. fatherboxx

We dont have enough info about hacking in general
    Speculating is very fun, I've been doing it all week, but pretending to solve n4 infowar in advance and declare that popular and proven units are going to suffer from the new landscape (rather than adapt) is not wise

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  14. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Guys, just chill out. In little less than 3 hours we will probably start getting some spotlights of the N4 rules and then we can judge.

A Mão Esquerda and Errhile like this.
  15. Mahtamori

Look, it's quite simple. Current indication is that hacking has become much stronger versus HI. This causes concern for those who have been shelving several HI during N3 due to hacking. We're discussing those concerns. If you lose perspective of that you may get the wrong idea that this is somehow a big doom and gloom thing.

Personally I don't think this is going to cause much problems for the popular and proven units, but arguably there's several units, some whom aren't even affected by hacking much, that have been under-performing in N3.

I doubt it. That we can judge it by the end of the day, that is. I think it's entirely dependent on the entire picture, meaning we need almost full rules and also costs and abilities of units and of their antagonists, so I think we won't see it until Army has been ported over to N4.

16. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Oh, that's for sure. I'm already having nightmares with the retardedly over-optimized profile of the Crushers, that looks like designed by a noob wanker instead of a professional game designer. And right now my hopes for N4 rely more on the definitive profile and sectorial reworks than the rules themselves. But we're here discussing hacking based just on some little hints deduced from a video, while "N4 in deep" title suggests we will get a wider image of what's going on in N4. Then we will have better fundamentals to base the discussions on.

17. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I'm here wondering how the answer to "HI are penalized without getting anything for it in comparison to other troop types" is "OMGLOL just play a Dao Ying"

LaughinGod likes this.
  18. Surmelk

Surmelk Well-Known Member

So default game is now 15 models. I really hope they take a look at ISS now.

19. Triumph

That's actually a dogshit change and a completely failed and uninspired way to deal with the order spam problem. The solution was make the elite units better jesus.

emperorsaistone likes this.
  20. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Too much work for an obviously rushed book that doesn't even include fireteam rules because basically they are not ready

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation