1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too early for August?

Discussion in 'News' started by Melkhior, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Ok. I'm not sure if I'm sold on this solution, but I understand where it comes from.

Yeah, I'm talking more about yesterday's Starmada. Ariadna HI is the last place where this is an issue.

edit: on a side note, I wonder how many of the new units will be in the TAK as well.

2. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

I bet with White Company we'll see the next batch of these this afternoon.

The only thing I am wondering: If CB wants NWI+Shock Immunity, so essentially 2 wounds, on almost everything, why not give everything two wounds and the tough guys get 2W+NWI or 3W?

Guardian and Benkei like this.
  3. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it will be USARF, not Caledonia that will bite the big one.

Caledonia's seeing a new unit here. USARF has their 'signature character' shoehorned in to be a wildcard for a Russkie Lite faction.

Also, they've been kinda/sorta treating USARF as 'done' for awhile now.

4. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Cuckoo virus is involved just like with wulvers and dogfaces. Volkolak means skinchanger.

wuji likes this.
  5. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Because it's still a step down from a full 2W, in that after getting a second wound trooper gets Dead, not Unconscious. CB might want to keep the option for this granularity.

The general trend I'm seeing is for elite and semi-elite units to get more resilient, while cheap cannon fodder still goes down fast. This might be another move to better balance horde and elite playstyles, just like the change to crits was.

Tourniquet and wuji like this.
  6. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

The change to make Medikit useable without it being suicide also seem to point in that direction.

If medikit stays the way it is in Code One the 2 W might actually be worth it over the 1.5+immunity.

wuji likes this.
  7. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

They might treat them as 'done.' But if the models are still selling well why would you OOP them.

8. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

That's assuming they're still selling well.

9. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Probably to keep Viral relevant. Thinking Viral being the higher form of Shock.

I hope to see White Company today. Have a vested interest in them. I got the misfits pack from Defiance that has Kenrdrat, Sforza, Kusanagi, Hawkwood, and Jaan Star. Only two of them (the nomad and the tohaa operative) I feel won't be usable in that sectorial, but who knows.

10. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

But those characters are in other Merc company, right? The Revenant (except hawkwood, obviously)

11. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

Very excited for the "classic" unit resculpts for Kosmoflot, but the jury is definitely out on some of the new stuff they showed today. Need to wait and see how the sculpts actually turn out. Nothing cosmic revealed in my opinion ;)

#571 Ghost_X, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  12. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

This is what worries me: if CB wants lots of units with 2W because the game is too lethal and sometimes random, why not fix the underlying problem instead of just band-aiding it? I really hoped N4 was gonna solve many of the problems rooted in the foundation of the rules, but what I'm seeing doesn't point that way and it only seems like another layer of make up.

Guardian and Spitfire_TheCat like this.
  13. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

There is no camouflage that can hide those weapons of mass destruction.
    I'm not complaining, BTW, I just was surprised.

Dragonstriker and Hiereth like this.
  14. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Naa man, the crit change is actually perfect, the game is coming together nicely. I'm from an older era of Infinity, when the problems were much worse and so far what I'm seeing, I welcome. This all should result in the biggest meta shift since sectorials I believe. The crit change is bar far the biggest thing effecting how deadly the game is. Think about even ARM1, W 1 troops. Before, they would be dead as a door nail even in cover if they took a crit from shock for example... buuuttt, now in cover a shock crit is just 2 saves on 10s for a rifle hit or 12s for an HMG... ARM3 2W vs that same HMG is still in a good spot. Its gonna take a learning curve but things in the game are going to appear more subtly effective instead of people saying, xyz is OP and ABC is garbage.

Shotgun change = cleaner and welcome additional attack style...

MOV change = faster play and more action

Units with extra little abilities and filler = still can make effective single combat group lists. Obviously have to see the rest of the armies but if things like ARM, CC, Mutli Rifles and hacking got cheaper then theres room to add more. The game is going to be quite interesting now, it's a shake up for sure but things are smooting out very nicely, like MSV, great changes honestly. The progression is smooth.

Just my opinion

#574 wuji, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  15. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Some will be I'm sure. Sforza is in a few and Gromoz is in DBS.

16. fari

17. fari

18. MATRAKA14

MATRAKA14 Well-Known Member

You mean those crippled legs long like twisted light poles with two feet of different sizes?
    Because I can't see anything else.

19. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Taowu with the burst 3 Nanopulsar: "When you absolutely need to kill everyone in the room..." That will be a nice surprise.

wuji likes this.
  20. fari

then dont look

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation