1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, Kosmoflot?

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Spinnaker, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Duringhzar

Duringhzar Active Member

and... Kosmosoldat? Visor L1, autocannon "2" wounds, more ARM

Brokenwolf and Aldo like this.
  2. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Don’t know why it should be better then a Tankhunter?
    The CoC is 2 points more expensive and it has no autocannon and that are the only two profiles I use for Tankhunters.

3. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

No surprise shot or nasty unknown ARO peace

4. Ghost87

Ghost87 Well-Known Member

It doesn't have to be better than the Tankhunter just because it is new. In the sectorial you have no Tankhunter and in Vanilla it adds choise.

I am sceptical towards further opening up Ariadna HIs to hacking while keeping BTS and Tools (Tinbots, Killer Hackers) non-existent just because of fluff. There are also few abilities to make up for this Achilles heel that I can make out.

While it is good that all Ariadna Sectorials contribute to the space Force, the chosen profiles (Caterans, Scots, Wallace, Donn) don't send space wibes to me but feel on the low tech end of Ariadna.

WiT?, Ben Kenobi and MATRAKA14 like this.
  5. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

One would be bringing a Frontovik Engineer as a Duo with the Kosmosoldat.

Duringhzar likes this.
  6. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

They get Fairy Dust, I guess.

7. SpectralOwl

Or murdering the hackers with Uxia. She's one of the game's better assassins and if her profile stays the same, that's self-contained smoke trick.

Duringhzar likes this.
  8. Duringhzar

Duringhzar Active Member

Yes, Frontovik engineer its powerfull for due with Kosmosoldat, cant protec for hacking attacs but can help with the effects of that hacking

9. MATRAKA14

MATRAKA14 Well-Known Member

Not happy about kosmoflot.
    I expected the not great NA2 style but I didn't expect caledonia with + 2 kosmonauts.

Saddest part is, we are not going to get a vet kazak box, scout ojotnik or ratnik molotok because of this.

And please for the love of god do not add the volkolak to TAK I have more than enough misplaced caledonia in TAK with Cadin, even if they have a TAK logo.

#89 MATRAKA14, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    Barrogh, injenegr and Ghost87 like this.
  10. Ghost87

Ghost87 Well-Known Member

Including lots of CHA seems to be more due to the upcoming CHA retirement rather than designing a well rounded space force.

Can't get why this should hinder the completion of TAK though.

#90 Ghost87, Aug 12, 2020
    Teleute likes this.
  11. MATRAKA14

Well, don't expect new tak releases, if they have to make the push for kosmoflot now.

12. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

What exactly are they going to have to 'make the push for'?

Kosmoflot reads like something that should have been a NA2. What a fricking waste of a concept.

Ghost87 likes this.
  13. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

It would be hilarious if Vet. Kazaks will have to wait till N5 to get SWC box

MATRAKA14 likes this.
  14. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Why do Vets need SWC box?
    Pretty sure CB has stats that show AP HMG being the overwhelmingly most used one with MK12 being not used at all - and very few lists with more than 2 in one list.
    Ojotnik Scout and Tankhunter ML are the only TAK models that realistically need sculpts.

15. LazyBrush

LazyBrush Well-Known Member

Moar soviet fanservice incoming, good bye caledonia ..........

16. MATRAKA14

Tags are not used but everyone loves the miniatures, I love to play 5 man core veterans even if it's not the best approach in most cases, the veteran with shotgun linked is a hidden gem.

Scouts have 5 profiles with ojotnik.

Ratnik molotok is waaay better than the shotgun one, and can work quite well.

And tank hunters with no new autocannon / missile launcher miniature is sad.

17. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Vet Kazaks don't need a box, they just need alt arms.

Tankhunters with no new autocannon is because people kept buying the damn model and never saying boo. When TAK was getting ready to drop, people kept buying it!

CB won't change things unless they take a hit in the wallet.

18. NickNick

NickNick Well-Known Member

On a second thought, I don't dislike the design of Kosmoflot. Its more an expeditionary corps of Ariadna, like the US Marines are for the USA.
    And while I hoped for more than one kosmonaut like miniature, space by itself isn't an area where you want to fight with anything biological. Also Infinity isn't designed to work in space. So im fine with everything so far.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  19. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

This is such a wild sectorial. I would like to understand the Ariadna thought process in Kosmoflot...

Human Sphere: We need a you to develop an army that can fight in fragile, sealed, environments where any collateral damage can cause catastrophe.
    Ariadna: Ok. So lets give our troops as much destructive and armor piercing guns as possible. Then add rage monsters with additional explosive and indiscriminate weaponry. And for giggles, lets throw in a werebear with a hammer made of d-charges.

What can go wrong....

20. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

Though not the biggest fan of the scots. Their inclusion lets some solid profiles that needed resculpts get spacey updates.

But even from a lore point. The original AEF was made up of mostly Caledonian and Merovingian units. So its pretty easy to reason those units now having the most experience operating in space, in and around space ships and installations, and space to ground combat. They'd be a good core to build around and to draw from that experience. The Kazak units get all the newest and fanciest gear because they are the ones mostly footing the bill and forming the organization. And the MERF gets the least of the experienced units brought in due to there recent heavy losses. USARF is mostly out of luck with their units lacking experience in space, and resources to contribute too much militarily, but has still has a stong scientific community. So only send one of their their top operatives, and maybe contribute more on technology and development.

#100 Kreslack, Aug 12, 2020
    Duringhzar likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation